Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 25, 2011
I bought my light at the local Ace where it was being sold for 30 dollars. That's too much for what you get, so the special 50% off coupon from Ace came in handy. The light comes fully assembled right out of the box, but note that fluorescent bulbs are not incuded. I got a pair for about five dollars. Also included in the box are two chains for hanging and a cord for the pull.

Hanging the light was easy as was putting in the first light tube. Installing the second tube was a little harder because the light bulbs are so close together that they are almost touching. There's barely enough room between the bulbs for the pull chain that scrapes against the bulbs when pulled. I foresee this as a problem down the road. We won't be using the pull chain because the light is plugged into a power strip with an on/off switch that we use to turn the light on and off.

This shop light serves its purpose in our basement laundry area and was bought to replace a fancier Lithonia model with a more aesthetic silver hood. Unfortunately the bulb/holding plastic piece at the end of that more decorative model broke.
on January 9, 2012
Arrived on schedule, worked fine. Nice long cords, each one comes with two S hooks and chains, so you will need another set of hooks to attach the chains to the ceiling or other surface. Purchased as part of a DIY plant starting set-up. Gardening daughter is thrilled!
on December 28, 2013
I purchased this light for my shop over my workbench. It serves the purpose well. I don't use the pull chain as I have it
plugged into a power strip with an on/off switch. There is practically no delay in the light when turned on and this one
is lighter in weight that some other more bulky shop lights. I would recommend this light.
on July 17, 2014
I hung the light. Plugged it in. Pulled the cord. And whoopee! it worked. That is what it was supposed to do. Not much else worked that day, so the new light was my bright spot.
on January 7, 2016
Description is wrong. Light i [painted white, not polished silver. Doesn't come with enough 2-cent hooks to hang the lights. The ones I bought worked but I had to get two hooks for each lamp to hang it. Each lamp came with 2 hooks but 4 are needed to connect the 2 chains to the lamp and to the ceiling. The paint finish is even and unbroken. The bulb clips are firmly in place. If the electronic ballast holds up, then th4e lamp is not a bad deal for $20. But not including 4 hooks is just plain cheap.
on January 7, 2015
The light works fine , but I didn't receive the light I had intended.
The description says it is polished silver. The light I received was plain
white. Works OK, but as I already purchased 3 of the polished silver ones,
I ordered 2 more to match. These definitely did not.
on April 14, 2015
I purchased this light to install in my woodshop in my basement. This light works great, however arrived with minor damage on a corner. This damage did not affect the operation of the light, and since it's installed in a woodshop it's not worth the hassle of returning it. Overall I would purchase again.
on September 11, 2014
This product worked out really well for my Garage shop. I perched 7 of these Light 3 months a go and find that they are well made and can't find a cheaper light as well made at the BIG BOX stores. I all so perched the tubs on line here at Amazon as well and the full spectrum lights really brighten the shop up. Now I can work and comfortably on my projects.
on April 9, 2015
Lamp works well. My only problem was that the hooks were not in the same place as my old lamp so I had to rehang. I was hoping for an easy replacement. Thought this information might be helpful to others as I might have paid a few dollars more for one that was a more precise match to what I was replacing.
on July 9, 2015
Very quiet Ballast. Didn't feel cheap, materials and construction were good. I used two T12 bulbs and they were very close to one another. This could make a bulb change a little more difficult if one has large fingers. A pair of T8 bulbs would eliminate this problem.