1,184 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on May 4, 2012 by C. Carroll

The manufacturer commented on the review below
Amazon is showing the picture of the Litter Genie refill picture when you search for Litter Genie refill, but they have combined the name of two different products, Litter Genie and Litter Locker in the product name. It reads "Litter Locker 12-pack Genie Cat Litter Disposal System Refills".

The product description describes the Litter Genie, not the Litter...
Published 18 months ago by Karen C

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 4, 2012
I love love love the litter genie! I ran across this at Petsmart when I went to pick up cat food and decided to try it since it was only $17. We have 4 cats so I bought one to try out. So easy to use and keeps odor down. I will buy another one to put next to the other litter boxes in the garage. The directions aren't that clear, the bags go under the rim (which lifts out) in the upper section. If you put it under the rim the lid will close. I've only had a week, but so far I think it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've ever purchased for my cats...No more smelly litter box!, July 18, 2012
A. (United States) - See all my reviews
I've had cats my whole life, and I've always just had a regular litter box...I purchase the Litter Genie on a whim at Target, and I am SO happy with it. I actually like scoop-able cat litter now, and this thing really does lock out the odors! I have an apartment, and my litter box no-longer smells. I've recommended the Litter Genie to so many people already...

The directions to put it together are not very clear, but once you figure it out (it doesn't take a rocket scientist), it's perfect!

GO BUY ONE!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars ALERT:Amazon has mixed up the Litter Genie and Litter Locker II refills!!, June 18, 2013
Karen C (Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Litter Genie 12-Pack Refill (Misc.)

The product description describes the Litter Genie, not the Litter Locker II refill that I received. The price is for the Genie, which is about $20 more than the Locker II product that was shipped.

The two products are not interchangeable. The Genie is square and purple in color, the Locker II is round and green.

Amazon customer service was very nice about picking up the incorrect product, but I worry that others may get the wrong product. I hope they ship me the Genie refills when they ship the replacement!!

Amazon, check your product webpage!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 13, 2014 8:42:31 AM PDT
Hi Karen C, thanks for your feedback! We wanted to let you know that we've worked with Amazon to rectify this issue. We appreciate your comments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong plastic, and works as promised, October 20, 2012
This cartridge fits the Genie pail perfectly, as it should. The plastic is strong, in that it doesn't tear, rip or break, which is important for obvious reasons. One cartridge is supposed to last 2 months per normal cat. My cat has kidney failure, so she urinates more than most. One cartridge lasted me 1 1/2 months. I like how you can tie the beginning knot with very little extra plastic at the end. This allows for less waste. I also don't tie the open end once the unit is full. I cut the end, and place the whole thing in a grocery sack, tie the handles and toss it away. This allows for less wasted plastic. If you are unsure how this unit works, check out my reviews. I have made a video review of the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal Odor Free Pail System unit, with complete instructions on how it works.

I like the cartridge, it's easy to set up and the plastic is strong. However, the price is pretty high. I just paid 9.99 at the local Petco here in town, and at the time of this review, it is 7.49 on Amazon. That's pretty steep for something that only lasts a couple months. I almost gave it a 4 because of the price, however, because the cartridge performs so well, I left it at a 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars What took me so long??, July 11, 2013
As others have said, I don't know why I waited so long to buy one of these great little inventions! The Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail System, White makes life so much easier and my kitties' litter boxes so much cleaner. Before, I had to find a plastic bag, make sure it didn't have any holes in it, scoop the used litter into the bag, take the bag outside..now I just scoop and I'm finished. Whenever I walk upstairs or downstairs (I purchased a second one after buying the first to celebrate my oldest cat's 23rd birthday(!)), I take a moment to scoop the used litter into the Litter Genie, leaving cleaner litter for the kitties AND for me.

The refill cartridge is genius. It's so easy to cut the bag when it's time to dispose of it and to tie a knot in the next one. I wish I'd thought of this concept myself.

If you're reading these reviews, you're on the fence. No need to be. It took me 23 years; don't you waste another minute. BUY IT! Your cat(s) will thank you, and you will not regret your purchase. :)

EDIT 7-16-13: If you're thinking that it might be too stinky to switch bags when it's time (that was my fear), I can tell you that it isn't! The bag is cut off right after opening the lid to pull the bag out, and is not off-putting at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price I've found, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Litter Genie 12-Pack Refill (Misc.)
I love my litter genies and this is the best price I've found for the refills.
I have seen them sell for $11.99 each so I appreciate a good value when I find one.
The delivery was very quick and I would re-order from here again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Litter genie! say yes to easy cat box clean up!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Litter Genie 12-Pack Refill (Misc.)
I LOVE my litter genie! It makes my life much easier. I don't have to go looking for plastic bags to scoop the cat box. I now clean my cat box 2x per day as it is so easy. I used to do it every other day or so. ***********As a very important side note :this seller has the very best prices!***********

5.0 out of 5 stars Litter Genie Refills, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Litter Genie 12-Pack Refill (Misc.)
I received the Litter Genie refills in excellent condition and they work wonderfully. I have 4 cats, so I wish they would make a Master Genie for multiple cat households....less bag refills. Very happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Litter Genie, June 23, 2012
I have had this item for a few weeks now and the litter smell is indeed contained, extending the life of each box of litter. Easy to set up and load the bags! I have just one cat so the bag cartridges may last me longer than it would for those with muliple cat households, but I used to change the litter out completely, each week, so what I save on litter, will easily pay for a new cartridge. Wish I had had this item when I had two cats!

4.0 out of 5 stars Litter Genie Refill 12 pack, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Litter Genie 12-Pack Refill (Misc.)
Best price anywhere for the quantity-found on Amazon. Pleased with the Litter Genie, so far. Has made my 'cat box' experiences, a bit nicer. Getting the plastice started, was a little difficult. Suggest that you read the directions about 4 or 5 times and look at the pictures carefully. Between the two, it can be figured out. They should have put a sticky 'tab' on the starting edge of the plastic to make it easier to find. That was the toughest part I had.

Litter Genie 12-Pack Refill