Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: 12-Pack|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on July 18, 2012
I've had cats my whole life, and I've always just had a regular litter box...I purchase the Litter Genie on a whim at Target, and I am SO happy with it. I actually like scoop-able cat litter now, and this thing really does lock out the odors! I have an apartment, and my litter box no-longer smells. I've recommended the Litter Genie to so many people already...

The directions to put it together are not very clear, but once you figure it out (it doesn't take a rocket scientist), it's perfect!

GO BUY ONE!
on July 11, 2013
As others have said, I don't know why I waited so long to buy one of these great little inventions! The Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail System, White makes life so much easier and my kitties' litter boxes so much cleaner. Before, I had to find a plastic bag, make sure it didn't have any holes in it, scoop the used litter into the bag, take the bag outside..now I just scoop and I'm finished. Whenever I walk upstairs or downstairs (I purchased a second one after buying the first to celebrate my oldest cat's 23rd birthday(!)), I take a moment to scoop the used litter into the Litter Genie, leaving cleaner litter for the kitties AND for me.

The refill cartridge is genius. It's so easy to cut the bag when it's time to dispose of it and to tie a knot in the next one. I wish I'd thought of this concept myself.

If you're reading these reviews, you're on the fence. No need to be. It took me 23 years; don't you waste another minute. BUY IT! Your cat(s) will thank you, and you will not regret your purchase. :)

EDIT 7-16-13: If you're thinking that it might be too stinky to switch bags when it's time (that was my fear), I can tell you that it isn't! The bag is cut off right after opening the lid to pull the bag out, and is not off-putting at all.
66 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2012
I love love love the litter genie! I ran across this at Petsmart when I went to pick up cat food and decided to try it since it was only $17. We have 4 cats so I bought one to try out. So easy to use and keeps odor down. I will buy another one to put next to the other litter boxes in the garage. The directions aren't that clear, the bags go under the rim (which lifts out) in the upper section. If you put it under the rim the lid will close. I've only had a week, but so far I think it's great.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 22, 2015
This product I bought on amazon, the plastic bag inside is not cut correct. It requires you to pull out 3/4 of the plastic bag to get to the beginning where the plastic is cut in order to use it. After all that getting the plastic back in the container is ridiculous. Spent 30 minutes trying to reset it, and still wouldn't fit right. When I buy this at Target (its where i bought another one) the plastic is cut at the top and you do not have to pull the entire thing apart to get to the top of the plastic to begin using it. I'm guessing that's why they are on sale here or I just got a bad batch.. this has happened twice.
review image
88 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2015
first off, the product that i received looked nothing like the product in the picture. instead of purple it was blue, instead of square it was circular. it didn't fit inside a litter genie and i had to send it back. the most annoying thing is the picture is a of a Genuine Litter Genie refill cartridges, which (even if you accept the other reviews at face value) ARE NOT WHAT YOU WILL BE RECEIVING WHEN YOU ORDER THIS PRODUCT. this means either i was sent the wrong type of knock-off litter genie refill (which is not what's in the picture) or i was sent something that the product listing tells me i can use in my litter genie but can't. either way, this is a deceptive product listing and should be taken down. you cannot put a picture of genuine litter genie products or your listing for knock-offs and not cheat people, besides these are not even really any cheaper than the Genuine Litter Genie, which is what i believed i was ordering when i accidentally ordered this deceptive product.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 18, 2013
Amazon is showing the picture of the Litter Genie refill picture when you search for Litter Genie refill, but they have combined the name of two different products, Litter Genie and Litter Locker in the product name. It reads "Litter Locker 12-pack Genie Cat Litter Disposal System Refills".

The product description describes the Litter Genie, not the Litter Locker II refill that I received. The price is for the Genie, which is about $20 more than the Locker II product that was shipped.

The two products are not interchangeable. The Genie is square and purple in color, the Locker II is round and green.

Amazon customer service was very nice about picking up the incorrect product, but I worry that others may get the wrong product. I hope they ship me the Genie refills when they ship the replacement!!

Amazon, check your product webpage!
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2015
This refill was not packaged correctly - when I opened it and pulled the plastic out, the end was not there. After pulling and pulling, we finally found the end which was all the way inside in the middle of the plastic. Very wasteful. I was going to just throw it away but my sister very tediously is trying to put the plastic back in. Thought this was a great system, but if the refills don't work it will just be a waste of time and money.
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2012
This cartridge fits the Genie pail perfectly, as it should. The plastic is strong, in that it doesn't tear, rip or break, which is important for obvious reasons. One cartridge is supposed to last 2 months per normal cat. My cat has kidney failure, so she urinates more than most. One cartridge lasted me 1 1/2 months. I like how you can tie the beginning knot with very little extra plastic at the end. This allows for less waste. I also don't tie the open end once the unit is full. I cut the end, and place the whole thing in a grocery sack, tie the handles and toss it away. This allows for less wasted plastic. If you are unsure how this unit works, check out my reviews. I have made a video review of the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal Odor Free Pail System unit, with complete instructions on how it works.

I like the cartridge, it's easy to set up and the plastic is strong. However, the price is pretty high. I just paid 9.99 at the local Petco here in town, and at the time of this review, it is 7.49 on Amazon. That's pretty steep for something that only lasts a couple months. I almost gave it a 4 because of the price, however, because the cartridge performs so well, I left it at a 5.
on October 3, 2012
I received the Litter Genie refills in excellent condition and they work wonderfully. I have 4 cats, so I wish they would make a Master Genie for multiple cat households....less bag refills. Very happy with the product.
on November 5, 2013
I love my litter genie but I was really disappointed with my last purchase of the refills. The blue plastic was not properly aligned in the refill so I had to unravel it all the get to the start of the plastic. And then it was a disaster to roll it up back into the refill. I managed to do it somehow but it's not really working as it should.
The litter genie is a great product but I'm really disappointed with the quality issue with my last purchase of refills. I hope my other refills do not have the same quality defects.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse