5.0 out of 5 stars It works if you work it
Published on December 1, 2006 by Linda M. Morel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, not a lot of content
This book has a lot of good afformations to use, but the book itself is tiny. It is hardly worth the price. Most of the examples of people who used afformations successfully were people who used the "Permission to Succeed" program, and the authors bring this up over and over. It's almost like an advertisement for it. I found that to be annoying, and I thought the book...
Published 16 months ago by StillWaters

5.0 out of 5 stars It works if you work it, December 1, 2006
This review is from: The Great Little Book of Afformations (All-New, Expanded Edition) (Paperback)
I have used questioning as a cornerstone in my private practice for many years. This little book's new twist was a missing piece for both myself and my clients. Less than 48 hours after reading this book and putting the ideas into practice, I had my first miracle. I was past the cut off time to get my luggage placed on the same flight with me. Due to technical difficulties I also did not have my e ticket in hand. I immediately afformed that "Why is it so effortless for me to be on the same flight with my luggage?" I then set an intentional preferance that my luggage and I fly together. I asked the attendant to request an exemption from his supervisor. When the curbside baggage attendant came back from checking about my request, he was shaking his head. He looked at me and said, "I don't know what just happened. My supervisor never says yes. He must be having a really good day." He also went on to hand print my ticket, insuring I made the flight without stress. Needless to say, we were both on the same flight. This is a perfect book to replace the negative thinking that binds so many of us. It is the practice of these principles that makes this a 5 star book.

Dr. Lin Morel, [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars What's going on here?!, December 6, 2005
P. Wyatt (Silicon Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
This book got consistently great reviews until some time this fall, then a whole string of nasty reviews started appearing, all in a very short span of time. Same thing with his other book, "Permission to Succeed." Both are excellent books with innovative information that WORKS in positive, life-changing ways. I don't know who Noah St. John made angry, but there seems to be some sort of vendetta going on. Please give this (and his other) book a chance. Both are excellent. Read the early reviews -- they're for real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life Really CAN Be Worth Living!, November 8, 2006
If you are anything like me, you are a seeker of truth and are on a path to transforming your life to realize your GOD given potential. There are numerous books, programs and seminars that promise you one thing, but in actuality, really may not deliver. Who should be to blame? Does it mean it doesn't work?

I'm also a big believer in self-responsibility. That we have the power within us to grow and evolve on this life plane. Sure, we need help, opportunities, inspiration and encouragement. We need people to support us, guide us, provide tools and remind us of our greatness, and I believe THE GREAT LITTLE BOOK OF AFFORMATIONS BY ST. John will offer a simple, painless, life giving solution to what ails you. What ails you first begins with a thought that you focus on.

Small but mighty, THE GREAT LITTLE BOOK OF AFFORMATIONS is a book worth owning, reading, AND equally important, applying to your DAILY life. It is a process and solution to living a better quality of life. But first it begins with a decision. Decide to buy this book today. Read it, study it and do what it says. Over time, you will begin to ask yourself the right questions such as, "Why Am I So Abundantly Blessed?" instead of the incorrect and critical question, "WHY DOES LIFE SUCK?"

Many people give up on traditional affirmations like " I AM RICH" when they have two nickels to rub together. Affirmations only remind you of what is absent. Rich people focus on "WHY AM I SO RICH?" Don't they always seem to have the lucky breaks while getting more money, designer gifts and increased opportunities?

As my buddy Mike Chang (who highly recommended this book) says, "Smile" when you ask the afforemations found in this gem of a book and don't give up.

Take a moment and Ask yourself, "WHY DO I DESERVE TO BUY THIS BOOK?"

A good life awaits you. Grab hold of it today!

Happy reading and pay it forward.

Reviewed by Marina Woods for GoodGirlBookClubOnline | The GOOD GIRL Book Club Worldwide | GOOD GIRL Magazine | GOOD GIRL LIVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is, indeed, a great little book, August 19, 2008
I've been asking myself negative questions all my life. "What am I doing wrong?" "Why do I mess everything up?" "What's wrong with me?" "Why is everything so hard?" and on and on... I never even really thought about it or what it might mean to me or to my life. Reading this book has totally turned my thinking around in this area!

I also absolutely identified with the problems of affirmations. I've used them off and on for a while, with mixed results. It's easy to say and BELIEVE that "I am a relaxed and competent driver", but it's impossible to believe that "I am slim and fit". Fact is, at this point in linear time, I am not slim, nor am I fit, and when I try to feed myself that line, some part of me answers back, "Yeah, right!" and rejects it entirely. It's almost like lying to yourself to "affirm" things that you know for sure are NOT true.

Afformations get around that very neatly, and I find it both fun and challenging to figure out ways to "ask" myself things. Now I regularly ask myself, "Why am I so happy?" and "Why does everything always just fall perfectly into place?" and you know what? I AM happy. And things do just fall perfectly into place.

Maybe it's only my personal outlook that has changed the way I perceive the world, and the world is just the same. But the world is as we experience it, so if I change my outlook and my experience, I change my world. Whatever it is, however it works, it's a cool piece of psychology and I'm really glad I bought this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Little Book of Afformations, June 27, 2007
The Great Little Book of Afformations is like a breath of fresh air! I've been a student of visualizations and positive affirmations/thinking for many years and did not have as much success as this book provides! Positive affirmations usually take quite a long time to work because you have to change the negative belief system of your resistant subconscious. Whereas asking a question, the subconscious quickly works to find the answer! Try this experiment and test it for yourself - say an affirmation such as "I love my job (or whatever it is you would like to change)". Do you hear or feel that little voice in you saying, "yeah, right! That's not true!" or something along that line. Now, ask, "why do I love my job so much?" and you will not feel the resistance that was there with the affirmation! Keep asking the question and the subconscious will work to answer why you love your job so much! Noah St. John and Denise Berard are brilliant! Thank you for writing and sharing this wonderful little book that can quickly and easily change anyone's life for the better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little book - HUGE results!, January 18, 2007
PanDragon (California United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Afformations are simple, powerful, and fun to do. And best of all the results come quickly and easily.

These are the results I always hoped for, but wasn't getting when using traditional affirmation methods.

With afformations, instead of relentlessly pounding new statements into your head over long periods of time, you can simply explore all of the wonderful possibilities available to you with positively formed questions, and let your subconscious mind do the rest!

It's the fastest and easiest way I know to change thoughts, feelings, and beliefs and behaviors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Tool!, February 6, 2007
After being introduced to afformations in his book Permission to Succeed, I decided to try this book. I have tried affirmations for years and they've never worked for me. I just couldn't convince myself of something I knew wasn't true. Afformations are completely different, a major breakthrough! I have always believed that we have all the answers within, afformations are one tool in which to bring them forth. As Jesus said, "Ask & ye shall recieve." Namaste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows the power of positive thinking - plain and simple, November 3, 2006
This is a great concept and a wonderful manner of replacing those "little voices" we all have that are less than positive. The authors have written this in a clean, clear, easy-to-read style that makes it very readable (you can read it in one sitting). It is one of the very few "self-help" books that actually give you immediate results. I know people who use AFFORMATIONS to change the manner in which they handle every day challenges as well as long term goals.

St. John and Berard do a great job co-authoring! I have given the book as a present as well as told people about it and will continue to. I recommend it highly to anyone wanting to make positive changes in their lives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, September 27, 2008
It is a wonderful idea to ask yourself a positve questions instead of statements, but don't think, that asking a few times will change your life. You have to ask these questions many times a day. I would also add visualizations and other law of attraction games.
The only reason I am giving it four stars is because it doesn't explain at all how to use afformations. It says - use it as you would use affirmations, so it asumes, that you already know that. I think that is very important part and shouldn't be left out of the book of that nature.

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to help!, March 12, 2007
Gretchen (Northbrook, IL) - See all my reviews
This is as basic as it can be, and I'm not sure it's worth $12.95. But It was recommend to me by a stranger who said it changed her life. She recommended buying a lot of them as they are hard to find in book stores and she said I'd want to give them to friends. So I did! I bought 10 of them and have given them all to friends and family and everyone seems really pleased. I've now read it myself and find that I'm incorporting its information into my daily life. Has it changed my life? No. Has it changed my attitude? Yes.

The Great Little  Book of Afformations (All-New, Expanded Edition)
The Great Little Book of Afformations (All-New, Expanded Edition) by Noah St. John (Paperback - October 1, 2006)
Used & New from: $11.95