Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Edition: Standard|Change

on January 10, 2016
Let me start off by saying that I am not a gamer, by any means, but my husband bought this game for us to play together.

This game is so original, adorable, silly, and easy to play, yet challenging enough.

In this whimsical, family-friendly, multi-player game with over 50 levels, you play as a Sackperson character (with fully customizable clothes, facial features, hair, accessories, and even emotions) as you complete races, puzzles, and mini-games to save LittleBigPlanet from an antagonist called the Negativitron. All the challenges are unique, and each area/continent of LittleBigPlanet you explore has its own, imaginative theme.

We don't play this game often, but when we do, we get sucked into it for a few hours (or until our fingers start cramping).
Wildly creative game that will keep you entertained for hours - even years!
on August 15, 2013
The funny things you can do to each other as sack people is hilarious! My oldest son was smacking me around as this sack person while I laughed. Fun entertainment and the kids love it!! Go to youtube for some funny ones! There is one about a shark that will make you cry from laughing so hard!
on July 6, 2013
I'm sure LBP has a ton of people who adore it. I have a problem with it: The gameplay just isn't that great. I dislike the multiple planes on which to walk, as I often find myself on the wrong side or switching when I don't want to. The physics are just off a bit. Jumping isn't as smooth or reliable as I'd like. When Nintendo has done it perfectly for the last 25 years, it's hard to play something that's inferior in that respect.

You can create your own content and more importantly play what other people have made. There are many creative concepts to be sure - some I enjoyed quite a bit. But playing a game within a game is only fun for so long. If I want Pac-Man, I'll play real Pac-Man instead of LBP's fake Pac-Man.

The stickers do nothing for me, by the way. They just seem like another shiny thing to distract you from the poor gameplay. And the fact that the levels use only user-generated elements means they're somewhat limited.

I had hoped LBP2 would fix the first game's issues. Instead, it just gives you more make-your-own-entertainment options. I paid a not-small amount of money for this, Media Molecule; how about YOU entertain me?!
on May 29, 2013
I bought this game for my girlfriend as a gift....and played it more often than she did. If you are a fan of the first LBP (or the PSP version or Vita version) then this is a must get. It is essentially the same style as all the the above mentioned games (2.5 D, endless amounts of creativity, etc.) with some added components. I would say that this one is a bit more challenging than the first one, which I think is a positive. This game (and series) is fun and friendly for all ages and is absolutely one of the most unique games ever created. I do not have PS Move so I am not sure how that works with this game, but just playing the game with a regular controller is a blast. My girlfriend and I can play this game together and it is challenging enough for me and not too challenging for her at the same time. I highly recommend this for families that are looking for a game that they can all play together or if there is someone who loves to design their own levels, this works great as well.
on January 23, 2011
First I would just like to say that the reason I don't have an Amazon confirmed purchase is because I received a review copy a few weeks back.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is a stellar game. It improved upon its predecessor in every way imaginable. Here's a game that will satisfy you as a single-player experience, and will also become your go-to title for co-op play with friends.

Visually, the game is clean and uncompromising. Textures have detail, and the mixture of colors gives this game a wonderful flair. The audio helps bring the entire presentation together with its well-fitted tracks. Heck, you can even make your own music in the online creator, so there's really no limit to this game.

The gameplay is improved from the original LittleBigPlanet, and might feel a little slow to some, but I'd prefer to call it "realistic" versus other platformers such as Mario. The physics engine is powerful, and allows for hundreds of different scenarios when mixed together with the slew of textures, interactions, and more.

If you're looking for a fun game that has tons content, this is it. The story mode is only about six hours in length, but includes a ton of unlockables. The multiplayer is another story. With so many options, the online experience is constantly evolving, and other players can provide you new experiences every time you log in. On top of that, you can choose to make a level yourself, and if you choose to do that, a robust level creator is waiting in-store for you.

All in all, LittleBigPlanet 2 is a phenomenal game that entertains in the best of ways. I highly recommend it.
on March 12, 2012
I was looking for a game to be played with my son, 5 years old. After a search about it, i decided to buy this game according the very good reviews.

The game is perfect to be played with my little boy. very fun game, with beautiful graphics and music and the most interesting thing, you must think all the time how to complete each level. Every level has their own rules and this makes the game interesting all the time. My kid loves it.

In addition, many choices to play online the original game or custom worlds... lots of it.

I will recommend this game for people looking to play with their kids, or looking to improve their minds looking how to pass every level.
on January 23, 2011
I am about half-way through the story mode, and I am enjoying it immensely. If you are looking for a completely different experience than LBP 1, you won't find it here. It's very much the same game, but with new stickers, levels, costumes, and more of a cohesive story. There's also some extra game play toys, like the grapple, cake shooter (a helmet you wear that shoots cupcakes), and a grabber glove that let's you pick up heavy objects and throw them. The levels are harder than before, as this game was clearly made for the experienced LBP player. I welcomed the challenge, and it made the game tons of fun to start.

I haven't tried the create mode yet, and had limited time with online co-op playing - although I did have troubles connecting and staying connected. But my internet connection isn't always the greatest, so I don't think I can give a fair assessment.

Additionally, when you first start up LBP2, you have the option to transfer your stickers/costumes/decorated pod from the first game to this one. Cool.

Overall, TONS of fun, as always.
on January 19, 2011
I'm a huge fan of the original LittleBigPlanet. My expectations for LittleBigPlanet 2 were pretty high, and I am happy to say that it doesn't disappoint. I'd go so far as to say it blew away my expectations. You can watch the videos and trailers all day long, but you have to play it to believe it. Everything I loved about LBP1 is back and better than ever in LBP2. Some sequels get dinged in reviews for being "more of the same", but LBP2 does more of the same the way it's meant to be done.

The biggest change is the sheer amount of variety in LBP2. One level you're playing a regular platformer, the next a side scrolling shooter (think Gradius), then a top down racer with rats. LBP1 had variety, but ultimately the levels felt similar with only slightly changing themes. LBP2 makes each world totally different and introduces new play mechanics that keep its set of level totally fresh. One level has you shooting cupcakes from the Creatinator (yes, cupcakes) to form platforms and defeat enemies, and another has you shooting water to douse flaming platforms. You'll never be bored going through the 30 or so single player levels. The level design is absolutely brilliant and I often found myself stopping just to look at what was going on around my little Sackboy.

LBP1 looked great but LBP2 looks even better. The little (and big) touches bring the levels to life like never before, and the lighting adds another layer of beauty to an already gorgeous looking game. Along with amazing voice acting for our characters, who made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions, make the thin plot entertaining.

If you're a fan of LBP1, LBP2 is a must own.

EDIT: When I wrote this review I was near the end of Story Mode with two levels left to play and the final boss fight. I completed the game last night and I have to add one more thing. LBP1 had a few levels that were outright frustrating and at times ruined my enjoyment of it. The Asia themed levels in particular had some sections that felt cheap. Having to jump over thin vertical cards that started to fall over domino style when you jumped on them was one of them. And the later level that had a giant spinning wheel/cog that you had to maneuver through resulted in replaying that level dozens of times. And a few levels that had you jetpack through narrow canyons carrying explosives around burning walls, not my idea of fun.

While LBP2 has lots of challenging levels, not a single one had me stuck. And with the exceptions of the boss levels (which are just boss fights) I never had to replay a level due to death. The checkpoints seem to have tripled (or more) the allowable lives you get. While trying to get the 20 deaths in one level trophy, I died 20 times in the same spot and didn't have to restart the level. Some might complain about that, but I loved it. I'll replay the levels enough willingly to get all the object bubbles. Please don't force me to replay it with nearly impossible jumps over multiple moving fire or electricity platforms.

All that to say LBP2 is challenging at times but never frustrating.

Also, I published my first (very basic, very short and very easy) level up to the community. Most of it was done in LBP1 but I put a few finishing touches on it in LBP2 and published it. After watching a few tutorials to unlock all the creation tools I was able to jump right in and finish it with little effort. They've really made level creation much easier this time around. Media Molecule added an amazing new website to make finding levels (and adding them to your in-game queue) a cinch. No longer do you have to use the cumbersome in-game search to locate popular levels. Go to LBP.me, login with your PSN id and password, search for the user or the level, and easily add the level to your queue. When you return to LBP2 they'll be waiting for you. Each user created level gets its own unique URL too so you can share your creations with friends with ease.

So with all that said, if you're still on the fence, what are you waiting for!? LBP2 is the first must own PS3 game of 2011.
on December 27, 2011
While I wasn't the biggest fan of the original, I still admit to having lost many hours to its numerous creations tools and user-generated stages. Straight away with LBP2, I could tell that a number of the controlling issues I hated had been addressed (although still not completely fixed). There are a great many new addictive elements added here that add to both the fun factor and the challenge factor. The story is more absorbing in this outing. I even feel that the soundtrack is better this time around. If you like puzzle games or platformers at all, or just have the desire to create something unique and offer it up to the world, then this is a game you have to own. Those of you who've played the first game will be happy to find that all of your content from LBP1 will carry over into this entry in the series. Any cons one might find in this overwhelming delight of a game would just come across as nitpicky. It's a 5 star game and a must-own. That's really all there is to it.
on January 18, 2011
If you own a PS3 this is a MUST buy. Incredibly polished game that will never get old due to the constantly updated user submitted levels.