Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Little Big Planet 2 $20 promo credit for CE?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 57 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2011 6:37:42 PM PST
Just curious if they're going to include it with the Collector's Edition like they did with the standard. Does anyone know?

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 6:46:02 PM PST
Anonymous says:
Customer service told me no. I think I'm canceling and re-ordering. Collector's edition isn't worth $40 more to me... I'll lose release date delivery, but oh well :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011 7:05:00 PM PST
Defvayne says:
This stinks. I had the regular pre ordered for 54 bucks already, but due to a lack of a promo I decided to cancel it last night. If only I waited one more day to cancel. Oh well, I'm gonna pre order the standard, besides the costumes I wanted most were Ratchet and Clank. I will miss the Sackboy plushie though.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 7:20:19 PM PST
S. Davis says:
Well that's unfair just because I spend more I don't get the 20 promo credit! Come on Amazon!

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 7:52:35 PM PST
Bummer. I guess I'll stick to the Collector's Edition.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 9:03:36 PM PST
S. Davis says:
Amazon,why don't those of us who order the collectors edition get the 20 credit also??

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 9:27:09 PM PST
Mostly likely the same reason the Killzone 3 Helgast Edition doesn't get release day livery but everything else does.... They have not clue what they are doing lol. They have never given promo credit for collectors editions I have no clue why. I personally just canceled 7 of my preorders and switched to other places that offer the same thing and I can just pick it up with no strings attached. No point ordering online if the local shops have the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011 10:10:15 PM PST
The Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, and I believe even the God of War III collectors editions have had promo credit given with them. And dont forget that the Assassins Creed Brotherhood Special Edition dropped 10$ by day 1 too. Perhaps they will give a price drop of the CE

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 10:37:44 PM PST
Mister Chun says:
When Black Ops got the $20 promo credit, it didn't say anything about it on the Hardened Edition. I kept my pre-order for Hardened anyway and still got the promo credit. Hoping that will happen here too. C'mon Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011 11:12:22 PM PST
You know, I ordered the standard edition that came with laser cell and they specifically said no $20 credit but I still received it. Just thought throw that out there...

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 11:48:35 PM PST
me says:
I canceled my Hardened Edition because amazon customer service said no 20 promo then 2 hours later i read on gamefaqs that u still would get the promo but by then the Hardened Edition was sold out so I would not trust what customer service says ever

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011 1:26:50 AM PST
Yeah, that's the thing with Amazon. I almost think that we could be getting the $20 promo, they just don't want to make it public because, they won't sell any standard editions if everyone buys the collectors edition and they'll be left with a surplus. I don't know though. I'll just stay with the Collector's Edition and see what happens.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 1:49:53 AM PST
Evan Kao says:
Amazon typically does not give $20 credit for Limited Editions because they don't find it necessary. The credit is supposed to entice you to buy the game from Amazon as opposed to its competitors. But the Limited Edition is in presumably limited quantities, so they expect to be able to sell most of them to hardcore fans without having to give away $20.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 2:23:02 AM PST
Stan says:
I just canceled my CE because of the $20 mix-up... man, I never read the fineprint

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011 6:07:44 AM PST
J. Rogers says:
they just added the $20 yesterday, so nothing to have missed

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 8:34:53 AM PST
Dave says:
I just emailed and will see what they say. I would change my order, but I've got $35 of promo credits helping pay for it and I think they would have expired by now so I'd lose them if I cancel. They really should give it to both std and collectors. The idea that they extend it to pre-existing orders on the standard proves they are not just trying to get new buyers, but keep existing ones, and of course, guarantee more future sales by those who use the credit. Those who sprung for the CE shouldn't miss out.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 9:30:41 AM PST
MariaP says:
Wait, so the CE comes with the $20 promo or not?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011 10:47:50 AM PST
Jared Boehm says:
Definitely not. I called them this morning and the guy (who actually was a native English speaker and knew what he was talking about) said that usually these promotions are sponsored by the game publishers, not Amazon themselves.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 12:18:55 PM PST
Bearcat says:
Just heard the same here. I was too late to cancel the order but am just sending the box back unopened for a refund. I have best buy giftcards I would rather use if I'm not getting the promo credit.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 12:54:42 PM PST
On a site I always look on that discusses game deals some mentioned that amazon folded on the credit after 11 attempts. If you have the time, try it, I will. If I don't I will be sending the game back and getting it at kmart for buy it get half off another game. I have had too many issues w/ amazon of late and i am thinking games will be bought elsewhere now if they dont make good.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 1:06:02 PM PST
Dave says:
from amazon's response:
"I've researched this promotion, and I see that your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer of $20 credit. Specifically, this $20 promotional credit is only towards the purchase of the Standard Edition of this item and not for the Collector's Edition. "

this is very dissapointing. I may try to push back again though. What makes it wrong is that it extends to existing pre-orders of the SE. Maybe this is normal as I've never bought a CE before, but it just feels crappy. If they didn't offer to existing or at all, it wouldn't feel this way.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 1:32:59 PM PST
definitely disappointing but i'm still sticking with the CE.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 2:07:27 PM PST
Anonymous says:
@Dave, I haven't read anything that it extends to existing pre-orders of the collector's editions.

You can do what I did, cancel my pre-order for the collector's edition and just buy the standard. I'll buy a Sackboy with the $40 I'm saving.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 3:58:06 PM PST
I called & they gave me a $ 10 credit on my account after i said i would just return it back & buy the other 1...

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 4:44:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 17, 2011 9:13:39 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  33
Total posts:  57
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition - Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (128)