Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: Board bookChange

on April 28, 2014
Our 2.5 yr. loves this book and I like reading it. It is a win win. We highly recommend it.
on July 30, 2015
So if it wasn't for Little Blue Truck Leads the Way I would've definitely given this a 5 star. It's a cute book and you can make fun noises with it that the kids enjoy. But Little Blue Truck Leads the Way was more fun to read for us and a bigger hit with the family. Either way, both books have great, bright illustrations that help capture their attention and a fun story with fun noises to make in the telling (animal noises in Little Blue Truck and car/truck/band noises - and different voices if you get creative with your reading! with the other). Highly recommend you check out either one or the other (our preference, obviously, was the other).
on January 26, 2016
What a great book for the little one! My baby is almost 4 months and she gets such a kick out of this book. The page layout is awesome and the illustrations are fantastic. There's so much for her to look at with each turn of the page. The story is adorable and contains a positive message about helping others, being kind, and working together. It's enjoyable for me to read as well; I get so caught up in making sound effects (e.g. car and animal noises). I also find the length of the story ideal. It's not so short that my daughter is left clamoring for more, but it's not so long that she loses interest. Great little book- highly recommend.
on May 30, 2015
My son loves reading but, from the time he turned 2 this has been his favorite book. Now his baby sister loves it too. So many things to assist little ones with learning - animal sounds, being nice, and friends help friends. It is a great book because as he got older we could have him make the animal sounds or when I would say Little Blue Truck went he would say Beep Beep Beep. I buy this book for everyone with little kids as a gift because it is so awesome. As a Mom, I have to admit my favorite part is the Big Green Toad, LOL! Little Blue Truck Goes to the City is great as well but, the Little Blue Truck is by far the family favorite.
on December 5, 2014
You kiddin' Me??!! There are literally no further reasons needed to purchase this for your child, your friend's child, you child's friends, or for anyone that has children over at any point in life. This book rocks the house. My 12 month old daughter absolutely loves this book. She loves animals in every fashion, so despite this being a seemingly boy-targeted book, I made the purchase.
I tell ya, the rythym and rhyme will make it better with each read! It's so fun to read to my daughter. PLUS, when we have it in public or at another friend's house, it is no book unfamiliar to outsiders. It's because it's that good! Enjoy!
on November 18, 2014
This is a fun book to read. It's also great because my 2 year old has now learned to recognize the word Beep and Honk in other places. We take turns making the different noises of the animals and have read it so often that he ends up quoting the book with me as we read as well as throwing out quotes for the book as we're going about every day stuff. He loves playing out the story with his blue Lego/Duplo truck and a dump truck. He'll point at the pictures and say "I have them!" I think this book will be fun to read for at least a couple more years and will be a good starter book for him to practice reading with.
on January 18, 2009
My son loves this book - trucks and animals are his favorite things so it's perfect.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 6, 2015
Meet the Little Blue Truck who likes to "Beep" (talk) to the critters as he drives by. In return all the animals "talk" to him. Along comes a dump truck who says he doesn't have time to chat as he has important things to do. What happens when that same dump truck gets stuck in a BIG mud puddle? Who will help him out? What lesson will he learn?

This is a lovely book for young children who, if they already do not know, will learn many animal sounds. Great book also for interaction from them making the sounds by themselves. Nice message in here too about how we need other people in life.
on December 19, 2015
Many of my friends have raved about Little Blue Truck - and I will admit at first I resisted because 1. I sometimes resist when people seem to be on some sort of bandwagon and 2. I have a small daughter and I wondered if it would be a book she would be into.

I was dumb.

She LOVES the Little Blue Truck. She's not even 2 and and she asks for "Truck" and then turns the page, saying "Beep Beep" or animal noises for some of the animals in the book. I also really love the message in the story. Since she loves Little Blue Truck so much we got her the Christmas book this year.
on April 20, 2015
It took me a few reads (aloud to my toddler) before I liked this book, but then I quickly went from liking to loving it. Once I became familiar enough with the story and meter/rhyme, I started to really enjoy reading it and she started to really enjoy it, even requesting it every day. Cute storyline, nice theme, fun folksy pictures. We also have Duck in the Truck (different author), which is fun but has an ending that leaves you kinda like, "whaaa?" :) I mean, that one's funny (in a "don't follow that bad example" kinda way) but this one has a more satisfying ending in my opinion.