4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original but still okay.
Not as good as the original "Little Blue Truck" Little Blue Truck Board Book but our child still really enjoys this story.
Published on October 28, 2010 by dookers

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
Published on November 11, 2009 by T. Yule

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, November 11, 2009
I bought this book for my son as soon as it came out because we have the first Little Blue Truck book and love it. I think this one falls short. It is not half as charming as the first and really a little boring to read. After we read the first book my son was reading along with us (as best he could at 2 1/2) and doing all the animal sounds. This one he doesn't even want to pick up a 2nd time. The illustrations are still nice and the moral is OK, but overall it's about grumpy city cars and doesn't have the same cute flow as the first. I'd pass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original but still okay., October 28, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not as good as the original, September 27, 2010
jer540 (Redondo Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This book was ok, but not nearly as good as the original. If you liked the original, you will like this one - but just not as much. Thats all!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first..., January 8, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
I bought this book for my 15 month old after my entire family fell in love with the little blue truck and all the animal friends in the first one. But this book fell short in all aspects. The book is honestly a little rude. I don't want my kids first words to be "shove on shorty". It has the same sort of flow as the first book but honestly towards the end i'm just begging for the book to be over already. I guess it serves a purpose of teaching kids one at a time, take turns sort of thing. But the book really isnt' that great. It reminds me of movies that have awful sequels and you wonder if you can get your five bucks and your time back after viewing it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick With The First Book..., November 18, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
We were very disappointed in this follow up book to Little Blue Truck. The pictures are much darker and almost depressing and the text does not flow well at all. My son, 18 months, apparently has a similar opinion in that he loses interest after the second page and runs off to find a different book. The first book continues to delight him though. I can read that one 3 or 4 times in a row (I have it totally memorized) before he is ready for a different book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down from the original, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
My 20 month old son LOVED the original. In fact, one of the first things he said was "Beep Beep Beep", so I was super excited to get this one as a follow-up, but I was disappointed. It doesn't flow the same and while I can't put my finger on it... it's just not as good. And the true judge (my son) always passes over it. It doesn't seem to engage him either. I wouldn't recommend this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!, November 25, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
A lot of the reviews here say the same thing: "not as good as the first book". In a sense, I agree-- the moral's not as profound and the words aren't quite as fun to read without animal sounds. That said, my son (a young toddler) adores this book. He's the sort of boy who waves at buses and trucks, loves to see heavy machinery at work, and constantly spins the wheels on his toys. Once we got this book, with its gorgeous pictures of skyscrapers (reminiscent of New York City) and different kinds of vehicles, my son literally threw the first book aside. His favorite page shows a traffic jam--go figure. In sum, my son and I like this book, but how much your child enjoys it will depend on his interests.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original by far, September 20, 2014
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
We read the negative reviews before getting this, but didn't believe that this book would be so much less fun than the first book. My son loved the Little Blue Truck, and it was a book both myself and my wife enjoyed reading to him.

This book is boring, the illustrations are not as charming, and I'm not sure what the moral or message is supposed to be. I think the message the author intended was "you city folk need to slow down and stop rushing everywhere, and stop being so rude and pushy." But each time I read it, I am left wondering, "why don't they just put a traffic light or stop-sign at this intersection instead of letting a random truck turn all the city traffic into a parade."

I would skip this one of you like the original.

4.0 out of 5 stars so this book easily became my sons favorite, August 14, 2014
S. E. Johnson (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
My two year old littl boy loves cars and trucks and we happen to own a little blue Pickup, so this book easily became my sons favorite. We read it every nap time and right before bed. He loves reading it to himself too. The pictures are very detailed and fun to look at. The story flows nicely and my son loves that it has lots of car sounds...not that it plays sounds but there's sounds in the story. It has a nice message that says, be nice and everyone needs to take turns. I didn't really like that the cars in the busy city are so mean to the little blue truck but everyone decides to be nice at the end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
I am an Auditor, not a Literacy major or Liberal Arts of any sort, so bear with me for a second. We have the Original Little Blue Truck Story book and as others have posted, we bought this one 'cause the Original was that good (5 Stars). Just like a good sequel to a movie (Iron Man and Fast & the Furious come to mind) we were hoping this was just like it. The story feels pushed and crushed to fit into the Mold of the Original One. The author should use her creativity, imagination and talent to keep on the morals of these stories but not force it into the mold (burn the mold and start fresh). I know she wants to follow Little Blue Truck and the riddle that goes with it but it did not work out. Too many words, too much happening and it lost its natural flow that made us all love Little Blue Truck to begin with. For what is worth, my $.02.

Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book
Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book by Alice Schertle (Board book - September 13, 2011)
$6.99 $6.00