Published on November 11, 2009 by D. Fowler

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
Published on November 11, 2009 by T. Yule

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, November 11, 2009
I bought this book for my son as soon as it came out because we have the first Little Blue Truck book and love it. I think this one falls short. It is not half as charming as the first and really a little boring to read. After we read the first book my son was reading along with us (as best he could at 2 1/2) and doing all the animal sounds. This one he doesn't even want to pick up a 2nd time. The illustrations are still nice and the moral is OK, but overall it's about grumpy city cars and doesn't have the same cute flow as the first. I'd pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the sort of true-blue truck story your truck loving youngster will ask for time and time again! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!, November 11, 2009
The little blue pickup truck approached the city limits while just before the stars left the sky. A skunk and her kits quickly crossed the road in front of it. "Beep!" Many other vehicles were rolling into the city to start their day. "Beep! Beep! Beep!" The further into the city the little blue truck drove, the closer the buildings got until many merged into a single block. The pace of the city picked up and a Speedy Delivery truck, a taxi and a black car race by it and a tour truck were close on its heels. "ZOOOM! The little blue truck was startled when a Rides-R-Us tour bus began to shout, "Shove on, Shorty!" Rude, totally rude.

It seemed to be getting faster and ruder by the minute as the volume went up and the shouting continued. The little blue truck seemed to be right in the middle of everything and in everyone's way. A police car buzzed on by, the street sweeper almost caught him up in its brushes and a limousine almost crashed into him. "MAKE WAY!" It was the mayor. "Cars and trucks were all in a tangle. Everyone started to shout and wrangle." The limousine was all pooped out and the mayor had places to go. Would the little blue truck save the day?

This is the sort of true-blue truck story your truck loving youngster will ask for time and time again. The rhyming scheme gives this book a nice easy flow and the artwork is simply charming. When the pace of the city and traffic accelerates the more exciting and comical the rhymes become. "A grocery truck gave his horn a blast. `MOVE IT, BUD - I"M FIRST, YOU'RE LAST!'" I think you can count on reading this one over and over and over again! Beep! Beep! Beep!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original but still okay., October 28, 2010
Not as good as the original "Little Blue Truck" Little Blue Truck Board Book but our child still really enjoys this story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not as good as the original, September 27, 2010
jer540 (Redondo Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This book was ok, but not nearly as good as the original. If you liked the original, you will like this one - but just not as much. Thats all!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first..., January 8, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
I bought this book for my 15 month old after my entire family fell in love with the little blue truck and all the animal friends in the first one. But this book fell short in all aspects. The book is honestly a little rude. I don't want my kids first words to be "shove on shorty". It has the same sort of flow as the first book but honestly towards the end i'm just begging for the book to be over already. I guess it serves a purpose of teaching kids one at a time, take turns sort of thing. But the book really isnt' that great. It reminds me of movies that have awful sequels and you wonder if you can get your five bucks and your time back after viewing it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick With The First Book..., November 18, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
We were very disappointed in this follow up book to Little Blue Truck. The pictures are much darker and almost depressing and the text does not flow well at all. My son, 18 months, apparently has a similar opinion in that he loses interest after the second page and runs off to find a different book. The first book continues to delight him though. I can read that one 3 or 4 times in a row (I have it totally memorized) before he is ready for a different book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down from the original, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
My 20 month old son LOVED the original. In fact, one of the first things he said was "Beep Beep Beep", so I was super excited to get this one as a follow-up, but I was disappointed. It doesn't flow the same and while I can't put my finger on it... it's just not as good. And the true judge (my son) always passes over it. It doesn't seem to engage him either. I wouldn't recommend this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
I am an Auditor, not a Literacy major or Liberal Arts of any sort, so bear with me for a second. We have the Original Little Blue Truck Story book and as others have posted, we bought this one 'cause the Original was that good (5 Stars). Just like a good sequel to a movie (Iron Man and Fast & the Furious come to mind) we were hoping this was just like it. The story feels pushed and crushed to fit into the Mold of the Original One. The author should use her creativity, imagination and talent to keep on the morals of these stories but not force it into the mold (burn the mold and start fresh). I know she wants to follow Little Blue Truck and the riddle that goes with it but it did not work out. Too many words, too much happening and it lost its natural flow that made us all love Little Blue Truck to begin with. For what is worth, my $.02.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the book but It was twice the price on amazon, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
I love the book to read to my baby but the book was sold to me on amazon for $14 and on the actual book it said $6.99. Is that even legal??
You have to get the original little blue truck book. It's such a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars My little boy LOVES this book, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book (Board book)
This book is incredibly cute and catchy in its writing. The illustrations are well done and fun to look at. The little blue truck is on every page. My 17mo old LOVES this book. The books has lots of "Beep Beep" text with the little blue truck which he says when he see the truck. It is a huge hit in our house and we love reading it. I wish there were more books for the Little Blue Truck. I like this one better than the other (we have that one too and it is great as well).

Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book
Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book by Alice Schertle (Board book - September 13, 2011)
$6.99 $4.54