Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 11, 2011
I also wanted to ring in on this particular book. While it is small, don't be fooled. It offers a great deal of information on eating out, the do's and don'ts associated with putting your best foot forward, so to speak, and making a good impression when eating out. On the downside, etiquette and manners extend well beyond just the dining experience, so as a 'be all and end all' for all of your etiquette needs, I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, you can zip over to the elite manners website and just take a quick look to see that etiquette covers everything from the way you carry yourself, present yourself, introduce yourself, your choice of language, clothing, and mannerisms. With prom season upon us I just don't want anyone thinking that this book is about 'everything'. It is a VERY good book for eating out properly.
on January 16, 2014
I bought a copy of this book for each of the girls in my scout troop. We're getting ready for a limo ride and a night at a nice restaurant. It makes manners simple and they can throw it in their purse. Also, being a cute miniature books makes them want to read it. It's not overwhelming like a normal size book might be. I do wish it had a section on conversations. I had to download a separate article to cover that.
on May 5, 2014
I LOVE THE SIZE OF THIS ETIQUETTE BOOK!!! WHEN THEY STATED THAT IT WAS A LITTLE BOOK, I DIDNT REALIZE THAT IT WOULD BE LITERALLY A LITTLE BOOK!!! BUT THAT'S GREAT BC IT FITS IN MY PURSE EASILY!!! EXCELLENT READ!! WOULD RECOMMEND!!!
on October 26, 2012
This very small book is small enough to fit into even an evening clutch. It is a bit bigger than two packs of nice matches. If you want a printed, super-small etiquette book on hand, this is the best choice.

I like this book, but it was not quite on target for what I wanted. This book is perfect for business people who want etiquette rules for entertaining. It is directed at a business audience, not for personal, social functions. Fortunately there is enough overlap to still be useful, because this covers all the basics - what to do and not do to with your hands at the table (lesser-known tip: don't touch your head) and what to do and not do with the table setting. It also has a section on navigating specific foods and another section on ordering drinks and what is okay and not okay to talk about at the table. There's also a nice section on toasting, tipping and the duties of the host and the duties of the guest.

All in all, it is a useful, concise book on how to behave at table. It is an ideal little gift, but only if the person you are giving it to is not going to misinterpret your gift as a suggestion that they need help with their etiquette.
on December 13, 2012
this book is 2" x 2" - something not shared with purchaser. Bought for a gift and gave to Good Will.
on June 20, 2013
This little book is filled with a ton of good info, but this book is literally little aprox 3" x 3"
on February 2, 2015
Great little book! I see other reviewers were not happy that this book was only about eating out. That is correct however, I found this information quite useful. It is indeed a miniature book (a little bigger than a business card) so it would be impossible to make this a detailed book on ALL etiquette. It was very helpful and I like that it fit in my purse so I can take it with me when dinning out and hopefully avoid a mistake. More people need to read books like this. The majority of diners I have seen in upscale restaurants to laid back cafes, eat like slobs. This book will help you to eat and behave properly at the dinner table. Worth every penny!
VINE VOICEon May 17, 2013
This will teach me to read product information more closely in the future! The book is truly little -- you see this type of book at the checkout counters at books stores or card shops, where they are horribly overpriced, but "just so cute!" Because the book is so small (only slightly larger than the palm of my hand), the print is tiny and difficult for ordinary mortals to read without a magnifying glass. Much of the information is common sense: you eat a filled, baked tortilla covered in cheese and sauces with a knife and fork -- who knew!? Rather than return it to Amazon, I have decided to keep it and pass it on in a gift basket for an upcoming service club fundraiser. But if you don't have such a function coming up in the future, my advice is to pass on this book and make an investment in a full size Emily Post book of etiquette.
on December 20, 2012
When they said Little Book they meant it. It's one of those tiny little books you see in the checkout lines of major bookstores. The content was mostly about how to eat! and not about thank you notes, and teaching the basics of etiquette. For 5 bucks and free shipping it's not worth bothering with sending it back for a refund.

I will not go and try to find another book to fill my needs. It was to be a gift, but this is way above an 11 year old girls "station" in life...it's more for like high society gals! Still good info to know, but doubt I'll ever need to know how to eat a lobster correctly, as I won't eat one anyway!
on December 30, 2013
Things my Mother did not know to teach me. Great international understanding about
eating styles. You should know how to eat correctly since modern business meetings take
place around the table these days. When cutting something on your plate slide the knife
toward you in one direction, not sawing back and forth. Plus how to decline wine politely.