Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon March 19, 2013
This is an extended magazine article, not quite a little book, if you ask me. Very small samples of the artist's work and from my point, not much all that inspiring. It's clear we are not in a new golden age of hand lettering. The best examples of people influenced by past masters but from a technique standpoint, they fall very short.
on August 22, 2013
Chock full of great photos of lettering with a little info about the artist and projects shown. If you are looking for a How-to, this is not it. However, if you are looking for some eye candy and inspiration you will find that here.
on March 6, 2013
This is a great little books full of Inspiration and Eye Candy. It makes you want to pull out some paper and pencils and get to work. The only problem I have with the book is the type font. It is too small and light for us readers over 40 years old.
on February 15, 2013
I love this little book. It shows examples of hand-lettering, digital-lettering and hand to digital lettering. It gives you a little snippet about the artist who did the lettering, as well. I like to pull it out when in need of a bit of inspiration.
on November 2, 2013
Such a beautiful book! I bought it as a Birthday gift for a friend who is a graphic designer. It was so darling and interesting I almost couldn't give it away, Ha! I love how it shows the lettering and the story of the artist behind it. It only makes sense that a book about lettering would be a work of art :)
on May 17, 2013
This was smaller than I expected (7"x7",) I rarely look at dimensions, so really that was my fault. It seemed like they tried to fit too much into too little a space, with individual designers getting one or two pages of work shown. It's a great source for inspiration, and serves as a great gateway into seeing more from each of the featured designers. Ultimately, I like the book, but with everything so cramped I'm a little turned off.
on January 15, 2015
This book is not what I expected. I wanted something to help me grow in my hand lettering skills, but this doesn't do that. It is just small pictures and very short descriptions of other people's work. Much of it was messy and uninteresting as well.

If you're looking for something to inspire you in your own hand lettering, don't waste your money on this book.
on October 11, 2013
I ordered this book soon after discovering the work of the lettering artist behind the cover. Mary Kate McDevitt's work is also featured within this book, but it's so much more than a single artist or designer. Despite its size, the "Little Book of Lettering" isn't actually so little. It's hardbound with quality materials, and each page features a different person's work.

Even better, the quality of selections included in this book is quite diverse, and even features some superstars whose work you may have seen (especially if you're a designer). You can tell the collection was curated by someone who truly appreciates the art of lettering.

For any designer, this is a must-have book.

For any non-designers, you'll definitely enjoy the creative talent contained within!
on January 9, 2013
Fun little book covering digital, hand and 3d lettering. Its more of a showcase of more popular designers in recent years. Each designer has a little blurb and 3-4 pictures showcasing his work. I wish however it was a larger size book which would allow for bigger pictures.
on March 23, 2013
The book is a complete and fresh set of lettering projects from designers all around the world. With a nice information of how they develop their work. The Hard cover is neat and beautiful. I am in love.