Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 1, 2005
I read this book before going to sleep, it's very short, quite sharp and works a treat!!!

This book gets right into your psychi about why you keep picking them up and putting them in your mouth. It then destroys all those beliefs that we all do in fact know are lies anyway.

If you know it's time to stop (then you're probably right) and are struggling with will-power, stop fighting it, let the words do their thing and wake up realising you never actually wanted to smoke in the first place.

Thanks Allen, I'm no longer a slave!!!
on September 25, 2007
I appreciate that most people are understandably skeptical of anonymous online reviews. If you're one of those, Google this book and find the video clips of credible and/or celebrity folks giving a ringing endorsement. Here's mine.

I have literally not had a single cigarette since I read this book. In fact, as I started to read it, I told myself that I would finish the pack I had just bought and then try to stop smoking for a week or so. Then, as I neared the end of the book, I threw the pack away. I was literally anxious to become a non-smoker. I know that sounds overly dramatic, but it's the absolute truth (and why I was moved to write a review). The six dollars I spent on this book was very probably the best money I've ever spent.

Frankly, as I type this, I wish I were a better writer. I wish that I could figure out how to convey absolute endorsement of this book without sounding grand or generic or like every other advertisement.

Here is the best endorsement I can muster: This book is one of my most prized possessions. If you want to become a non-smoker, buy it right now.
on January 26, 2006
I'm not a big fan of the self help genre and never would have read this book if it wasn't lying around at a time when I was bored. Fortunately, I did read it, it took me about half an hour to read, and now I'm a nonsmoker. I haven't had a cigarette for a week, I quit cold turkey and I don't ever want to pick up another. Buy this book for yourself or for a loved one.
on January 23, 2007
I quit drinking Coke last fall. I actually did it after reading the EasyWay book on quitting smoking (even though I don't smoke) - but this little book is the one I pick up every few weeks to remind me how and why to keep quitting. A very rational approach.
on November 26, 2007
I quit smoking for the first time in my life using the easyway a year and six months ago. It was the easiest and most enjoyable way to quit smoking, no lie. You can't describe the feeling of the "Magic Button" being pushed untill you experience it yourself.

Six months ago, I started smoking again. I read the book again and it didn't work. The button just wasn't there. I was too filled with self-disgust, fear and foolishness to let the book work for me. With the added tedious nature of reading the full length book for the second, third and forth time (without the elated "Magic Button" feeling), it just wasn't working.

This morning I read The Little Book of Quitting and I felt that button pushed in my mind. I know I have quit smoking again, once and for all. It sounds crazy, but I just know.

I think the big difference is that on my second and subsequent attempts I expected the book to work magic without really letting the content sink in. My advice would be to read with no expectations. Don't think about how it's going to work, just let it work.

I would reccomend The Little Book of Quitting for people who were in my situation. If you have read the original book and need a refresher following relapse, I would highly reccomend this book. If you have never read The Easy Way To Stop Smoking, I would suggest you pick that book up first.

Good luck!
on June 12, 2007
I bought this book not really expecting it to work. I've been trying to quit for years. But after reading this book three times I quit and it is for real !! The book is easy to read, one to three sentences per page, total read time 10 or so minutes. It doesn't really say much that I hadn't already heard, but it puts it together in one place and it really worked for me. I have been quit now for three months and I haven't had so much as a puff since the day I quit. I didn't even finish the pack I had, I gave it to my husband (who hasn't quit, but hasn't read the book, either.) I don't even have any cravings. I highly recommend this book, but I do feel like the person needs to be ready to quit, but if the things in this book don't reinforce thye desire to quit, I don't know what will. Yippeeeee, I'm a non-smoker !!!!!!!!
on June 9, 2008
I joined a quit smoking group and tonight was our quit night to throw away our cigarettes, etc. Someone in our group brought this book and read it out loud. It had numerous AHA moments and several things that are really inspiring about quitting. I was hesitant on whether I'd be able to do it but after hearing some of the stuff in this book I now know - I CAN BE A NONSMOKER TOO!

UPDATE: 3/29/2010
In 3 months I will be 2 years a nonsmoker, largely due to this book. Have not had one since the night I posted this review. This book is like a 'slap in the face" with realism as to what/why you smoke and why you should quit.
You can do it too!!
on February 7, 2012
I came across this book on amazon years ago, purchased several copies on amazon, and have recommended it even more times. I am in the medical field and I meet many people who want to quit smoking. I do not have follow up with the people I give it to except one person who quit using it. It is not expensive to give away as you meet the right person for it from time to time. I am buying a few more now just to have around. I think it would be useful for any addiction, including sugar. Eventually people who give up smoking never THINK at all about cigarettes, never have a single urge to smoke, and have moved on to better activities. I smoked years ago and quit with difficulty years ago and I can honestly say it NEVER crosses my mind at all now to have a cigarette. I do not miss them one bit! I also have given up Heath bars and a harmful relationship and NEVER miss either. This book was not available to me when I quit these things, but I can pass it on to other people now with encouragement. Give it a try!
on July 5, 2007
This book is great for anyone who wants to quit smoking. It points out all the reasons why we smoke and how silly we are to believe them. We have given this book to many people and most of them have quit.
on September 7, 2007
This is a great, must have companion to The Easy Way To Stop Smoking. It's small, hits the high points of the book, and gets to the point of reminding you of why you stopped in the first place. It also reinforces the new way of thinking about smoking, and you can review it in an hour or less. It really helped me to my continued success to be free from smokers hell forever. I've tried it all in the past. I was a chain smoker and had given up on the idea that I could ever quit. This actually worked...and it really was easy! You owe it to yourself to try it. For a very small price, you can gain what is priceless like I did.