Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on November 19, 2006
Let me preface my review by saying that I'm a die-hard fan of "Little Britain." However, I will be as unbiased as possible in my review of this DVD.

I have to admit that I do agree with people's criticism that Season 3 of "LB" was not as funny as the previous 2. I didn't find the new characters they added terribly amusing, and sketches with the old favorites do tend to get a little repetitive. I've seen the episodes on BBC America, but I'm looking forward to hearing the episode commentary and deleted scenes. Having said that, I still think that there's enough laughs, giggles, and smiles in each episode to warrant purchasing this DVD. I'd kind of only recommend it for fans and purists... but please know that Matt Lucas and David Walliams' lesser work is still a million times funnier than a lot of drivel that we get here in the US.

Also, as for extras, that's a real enticement to get this DVD. UK fans were disappointed because they were all previously seen television clips. But they're treats and rarities for us US fans. Matt and David never disappoint when they appear on talk shows and such, so that's guaranteed laughs for you too! All in all, if you're a fan and you're considering getting this for yourself or a friend... I'd say "Computer says yes." :)
on March 31, 2012
I own or have rented dozens of television series boxsets. I can say that this Little Britain Third series is horrendously packaged, with terrible menus and layouts.

4 stars for the program material, but no stars for the format.

The back cover has tons of writing on it, but nowhere on it does it state HOW MANY EPISODES it contains! Well, only after unwrapping it, did I find out.

6 episodes at about 28 minutes each!!
6 episodes? In a tv "series"?!!! RIPOFF!!!

The outsides of the disks don`t even tell you which episodes are on which disks. Actually, the dvd outsides have NOTHING written on them!!

There is no episode menu. The only dvd to actually HAVE episodes doesn`t even have a "list of episodes." After putting a dvd into the dvd player, previews come on instantly, and you CANNOT SKIP THEM. Therefore, from the moment you insert the dvd into the player to the time an episode actually starts, it takes about 4-5 minutes. VHS is faster than this garbage.

Tape the season from tv. It`s only 6 episodes. The picture quality is pretty good. I`ve seen much better much more often.

Unfortunately, this wonderfully-written and acted program does not deserve this piece of trash formatting at all. It seems a 6-year old put this trash together....no wait. A 6-year old can do better. More likely a preschooler.

Stay away. Save your money.
on September 2, 2015
I love Little Britain. I love it so much that when I ordered this DVD and it didn't work, I sucked it up and bought a new copy. Sadly, we can't get this DVD to work either. We've tried about six different devices and not one will play it. What's a girl gotta do to get a little Sebastian around here?
on August 23, 2014
Little Britain is a hilarious show. I found that the third season lost a lot of its originality and a lot of skits were just repeated rather than enhanced in some way. Though I am glad they made a third season of the show. I believe Little Britain USA was a little more innovative as it had to change up some of its skit in order to fit a different audience. I did still enjoy it. Just not as much as season 1 or 2.
on May 28, 2013
I love these guys or 'ladies' depending on which skit we are viewing. I am tired of the lady that wee's all over the floor though - they had it in here way too many times and I am burnt out on that one - which was not massively funny as many of the other bits are.
'Bitty' and 'wee wee lady' need to be retired. Linda is fantastic in this one...., the depressed owl is also an new adventure in ridiculous shopping requests.... My favorite is the Prime Minister's assistant - I LOVE THIS BIT ..... we must have more of him!
on April 13, 2014
I could not give the 3rd series any higher of a rating because the manufacturer of this DVD set is now 3 for 3. By this I mean that at least one of the discs in each of the 3 series has had some sort of defect preventing me from watching the DVD. I've gone so far as to order a replacement DVD to no avail. I even tried to contact BBC America but they have not bothered to respond either.
on March 24, 2015
Fantastic show. Highly recommended. I have the first two seasons as well, so had no doubts on this third series (bought used from a local bookshop) and I love them.

Purchasing it from Amazon, however... the DVD did not work. I repeat, it did NOT play. With a British series, I checked several times before purchase to make sure I was buying the correct DVD format for the US & Canada. When this package arrived, neither of the DVD players in my house would read the spotless disc. Naturally, I cleaned it, tried several times, checked my TV setups -- again, the disc is useless. Very frustrating, had to return it. Currently looking for another place to purchase it.
on August 14, 2007
Life in my opinion is not lived until you've watched Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Little Britain.

"Yea, I know!"
VINE VOICEon August 16, 2008
Acerbically narrated by the ultra eccentric Tom "4th Dr. Who - - guy with the scarf" Baker, Little Britain combines elements of classic British sketch humor with a contemporary twist...
Like many of its predecessors, it can be delightfully rude and edgy at times...
unlike other predecessors, the show does not hold back...
typical scenes include a women with an increasingly extreme bladder problem and just goes everywhere...
at least 5 gay/transvestite theme recurrent sketches (a closet gay prime minister, a politician who continually has to continually appear with his family and apologize and explain varying situations including "falling and accidentally landing inside someone" - - in another routine, the lead actors (guys of course) dressing up in grotesquely obese fat lady body suits (one is in black face) - - There is one other "fat" sketch... a Thai mail order bride (who turns out to be a lady boy) - - oh, and even gypsies and handicap are fair game...
Despite the series unabashed use of shock humor, the fact is however, that the show is well written and acted... even so to the extent that even the most obnoxious stuff is forgivable...

All in all, any show with a line like:
"My own mother rejects me simply for the crime of wanting men's torches in my bum bum..."
is a winner to me!

All this said, I like the show... but feel a downside is that a lot of the jokes are so recurrent you can see them coming from a mile away.... nonetheless, its hard not to watch... watch... and keep watching...

Though considered a "classic" by many, reviews of the show were initially mixed... like LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN and KIDS IN THE HALL (from Canada) consider this a love it or hate it thing...If you like it, you'll probably be quoting the catch phrases for ages to come...
on June 22, 2011
If you LOVE the first two seasons of Little Britain, you'll DEFINITELY LOVE Season 3. In fact you HAVE to BUY it! You WON'T be disappointed!!!!! I have NEVER laughed so hard. The first minute of the first episode, I lost it and laughed until I cried! Bubbles Deviere (if that's how you spell it) is such a crack up.
I love David Williams and Matt Lucas. British humor is so much different than American humor. I'm just so taken back by this whole series, it's BRILLIANT!
They introduce a few new characters, that DO NOT disappoint! But the regulars are even more HILARIOUS! Vicki is just as hilarious and Margery is also very funny! oh and don't forget about Sebastian! I LOVE IT!
Just watch it, I promise, you won't be let down.