5.0 out of 5 stars No Sexual Implications
Published 15 months ago by LH29

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical little critter book.
I bought this book hoping that it would alleviate some of my son's fears about wind, because every time we have a storm with lots of wind he ends up in our bed saying the "wind woke him up". This book was a cute story--but more related to hurricanes--preparing in advance for a storm and balckouts and what the critter family does to occupy their time when the...
Published 9 months ago by wendyRom

5.0 out of 5 stars No Sexual Implications, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
Just wanted to chime in on this, as I was very curious to read the book for myself after seeing the comment below (Amazon won't let me post a response directly to it). The page being referred to is this: after a big storm passes and the electricity to the Critter home is restored, Little Critter's parents are excited to be able to take a shower (perhaps they have an electric hot water heater or an electric well pump--those of us city-dwellers with gas hot water tanks luckily don't face this problem often!). Little Critter is confused and wonders why they're so excited about showering (being a kid, NOT taking a bath is a welcome thing). There's no sexual implication whatsoever. It doesn't say they are showering together, they are just pictured celebrating (hugging or dancing) as the power comes back on, and the text says something about being glad to be able to take a shower now.

My 2-year-old developed a fear of thunderstorms overnight, and this book has been really helpful in explaining things in a way that she "gets." Plus, who doesn't love the Critters? It's a rather modern book, with Little Critter being surprised to learn that landline phones still working during a power outage (makes me realize how much the world has changed since I was a kid, since my daughter is growing up in a world without landline phones in the home).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to family library., November 26, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
Great book about making thunderstorms fun and interesting instead of scary. We love Little Critter books in this house and this was certainly no exception.

4.0 out of 5 stars For fear of thunderstorms., September 1, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
I bought this book to help explain that it's okay and thunder and lightning aren't scary. Even though it's for thunderstorms, it did a good job explaining how to be prepared for storms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a big storm, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
I love Mercer Mayer and i bought this one to add to my collection. I keep looking for more new ones and other ones that i may not have. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It., October 29, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
I think I enjoyed this book more than my 3 year old, I was actually in the storm that they have written about.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful books, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
My son grew up reading these books and now I share them with my grandson...he loves trying to find the frog, spider and mouse in each book. We have so many of these they are all fun....each deals with a different issue...this one I bought as my 3 year old grandson was afraid of thunder but this book helped him deal with it and now he is no longer afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves Little Critter, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
We are happy to get our hands on anything Little Critter we can for our daughter. She loves Lil (as she would say) Critter and my wife has spent many hours reading these stories to here. Any new stories adds variation of stories for my wife and adds something new for our daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars granddaughter loves it, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
My granddaughter is very frightened of thunderstorms. She and I are big fans of the Little Critter Series. I was so pleased to see one of these books that had the little critters preparing for a storm. We couldn't wait to read it when it came in the mail

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for little ones, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
I chose this book for my preschool class and they loved it. We read this book during our weather week and it was a hit. Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Critter weathers a storm, April 11, 2013
Reader (The Wilds of NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Big Storm (Paperback)
My 4 year old loves Little Critter! This was a great book to help him process having lived through Superstorm Sandy. Good for Little Critter lovers!

Little Critter: Just a Big Storm
Little Critter: Just a Big Storm by Mercer Mayer (Paperback - March 5, 2013)
$3.99 $3.59