5.0 out of 5 stars Probably our favorite Little Critter book
I think we have seven or eight Little Critter books and they are all among my three-year-old boy's favorites.

Published on March 2, 2012 by Connie

3.0 out of 5 stars Details are important
This is one of several Little Critter books I bought to expand my preschool library for my grandkids. Of the 3 I have read so far, this one is better than the other two. The beginning of the book as well as the pictures will allow adult and child to discuss different musical instruments and the advantages/disadvantages of each. A discussion of whether it was right or...
Published on April 7, 2011 by reg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably our favorite Little Critter book, March 2, 2012
Connie (Deer Creek Mesa, CO) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)

Just A Little Music has been popular in our house since before my boy turned two. The details in the illustrations are excellent. What I find especially ingenious about them is that they just get richer and richer as your child ages and can discern and identify more of what's going on in the pictures. The illustration that is two full pages wide of the interior of the music store continues to mesmerize my little one after dozens of readings.

Here to pick up a new copy since (as with every other book that is this 8x8" format), the "centerfold" pages have fallen out and gone missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fun Little Critter book, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
My 1-year-old son got this for his first birthday, and we thought it was so cute, we bought another copy for his cousin who turned 1 shortly afterwards. All the Little Critter books are simple, fun and entertaining and this was no exception. The only thing I find odd with the "new adventures of Little Critter" is that the illustration is a bit different. The parents don't look the same and all the characters are a bit more anthropomorphized. So we decided in our family that the "new adventures" are what happens after the old Little Critter is grown up. He's the dad in the new series and has a son and daughter of his own. It's like what your parents always told you. "I hope you grow up to have a kid JUST LIKE YOU someday!"

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Book For Children of All Ages, December 27, 2014
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
As a child, my family owned virtually every one of the Little Critter books that went to print. It is nice to see Mercer Mayer is still at it. Although I am not significantly outside of their recommended age range, I decided to flip through the most recent one before I gave it as a gift to a relative. It can be finished within a few minutes (probably ten at the maximum) and would make for a good bedtime or afternoon nap story for your children. It is an especially nice read for those who have children with a budding interest in music. As someone who likes seeing a new generation enjoy the same books of my childhood, I highly recommend this recent addition!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series for kids!, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
This is one of our all time favourite small kid series! We have read Little Critter books for as long back as I can remember, and they are still just as enjoyable as they were nearly 20 years ago. They have the perfect amount of humour, real life scenarios, and cute illustrations! I highly recommend them and look forward to many more years of enjoying the antics of Little Critter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a little music fan, June 12, 2014
Evan's Mom (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
My 3 year old loves this book and we read it over and over (and over). There are not that many really good books with a music theme including a wide range of instruments but many are represented here in an age appropriate book. It also covers the universal theme of a younger sibling getting annoyed by something the big sibling is doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Little Critter books!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
All of the Little Critter books are great as is Just A Little Music. I read them to my kids when they were little. Now 31 and 30. My 2 year old granddaughter has me read this to her almost everyday before nap time, then we talk about what we read. It is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
The Mayer book series is a great series for children, my son is going on 4 and just loves to read them with me! This book encourages choices and helps us all learn to deal with those choices. My son has almost all the books and I highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Critter Books Entertain and Provide Life Lessons, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
My 3 year old grandson loves the "Critter" books, as his father and uncles did. He loves the artwork and discovering the Critter friends... grasshopper, mouse, spider.....friends vary from book to book

5.0 out of 5 stars It's nice to be able to add a new book to ..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
I grew up on little critter and now am excited to share the books with my sons. With their daddy's musician family we needed this book. It's nice to be able to add a new book to our collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tedious reviews., November 13, 2013
This review is from: Little Critter: Just a Little Music (Paperback)
You people require way too many words for a description. You would get more reviews if you did not require so many. It is too time consuming to do them when you buy a lot of things.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Little Critter: Just a Little Music
Little Critter: Just a Little Music by Mercer Mayer (Paperback - December 22, 2009)
$3.99