5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stories
Mercer Mayer is always the king of great childrens books. My only problem when buying this one was I could not find the story titles in the book listed online. So here they are...
Just a school project

just a dump truck
just a tug boat

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Series Of Stories, November 11, 2007
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
All the Little Critter books are appropriate for young children and contain common morals and situations. I was lucky enough to meet the author and found him charming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to encourage your child to read, November 3, 2006
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
My son (4yrs) cannot put this book down. He loves the little critter characters, and the words are easy to read. If your young one is ready for a reading confidence booster, this is it!

4.0 out of 5 stars great stories, detailed and fun illustrations, but..., September 10, 2008
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
My 4 year old daughter loves Little Critter, and I purchased this book along with Just a Little Critter Story Collection. A couple of the stories in this book have become her favorites (one about visiting grandparents and one about a snow day). However, there are a couple of stories in here about transportation that are very, very simple...as though they were originally toddler board books. My daughter gets tired of them very quickly, and so do I. I would have liked this collection better if all the stories had been on the same "level."

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice collection of stories, October 19, 2007
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
The stories are like all Little Critter stories, fun to read. The book is well bound but the page quality seemed not as good as the single ones. The newer Little Critter books had nice glossy pages (Little Critter: Grandma, Grandpa, and Me is one such book) while the collection pages were not. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the book and the price was right...which is why I still gave it 5 stars rather then 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, July 15, 2007
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
I raised my oldest child on the Little Critter books and now my two youngest children are listening to the same stories. Easy reading.... young children are able to follow the story line.... Timeless subjects... Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality stories for your young child, February 8, 2008
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
This is a very nice collection of books that your young child will almost certainly enjoy. Our daughter loves all of the Little Critter books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books for the little readers in the family, July 11, 2007
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
My son adores the little critter books, and loves the various adventures he goes through, and the characters he meets. This book is doing wonders to encourage him to read, and he is learning quickly. A must buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't seem as spunky as older Little Critter stories, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
My 2 year old loves this Little Critter book (Just a Little Critter Collection (Little Critter)) so I was excited to find this other collection of stories. He doesn't like these as much. I was disappointed in the drawings, they don't have the same hand-drawn quality and character as the older stories. The stories are bland and don't show the spunkiness that I found with the older Little Critter stories. There were also a couple of stories that were big on eating right and exercising, which I suppose is good to teach kids about, but in terms of entertainment value, not so exciting to read about. As soon as my 2 year old heard the line, "Carrots are good for you because they have vitamins that help you grow", he wanted to read something else. He did enjoy the tugboat and dump truck stories, though. This probably won't go as far as the previous Little Critter collection we have, but since so many other people here gave this 5 stars, it's definitely an issue of personal preference.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun book for youngsters, September 11, 2009
This review is from: Little Critter Storybook Collection (Hardcover)
My husband and I read these stories to our 41/2 year old grandson who is in a preschool, so he gets the school related themes, but also loves the story about staying with the grandparents while the parents are away! There are many levels of enjoyment in this collection- the illustrations, the stories, the morals. I used to read the Little Monster stories to my now grown children and marvel at the timelessness of Mercer Mayer's creative mind.

Little Critter Storybook Collection
Little Critter Storybook Collection by Mercer Mayer (Hardcover - July 5, 2005)
$11.99 $9.13