Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 29, 2008
Mercer Mayer is always the king of great childrens books. My only problem when buying this one was I could not find the story titles in the book listed online. So here they are...
Just a school project
Good for me and you
Just big enough
bye bye, mom and dad
just a snowman
just a dump truck
just a tug boat
1111 comments| 811 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2006
My son (4yrs) cannot put this book down. He loves the little critter characters, and the words are easy to read. If your young one is ready for a reading confidence booster, this is it!
on November 11, 2007
All the Little Critter books are appropriate for young children and contain common morals and situations. I was lucky enough to meet the author and found him charming.
on July 27, 2011
My 2 year old loves this Little Critter book (Just a Little Critter Collection (Little Critter)) so I was excited to find this other collection of stories. He doesn't like these as much. I was disappointed in the drawings, they don't have the same hand-drawn quality and character as the older stories. The stories are bland and don't show the spunkiness that I found with the older Little Critter stories. There were also a couple of stories that were big on eating right and exercising, which I suppose is good to teach kids about, but in terms of entertainment value, not so exciting to read about. As soon as my 2 year old heard the line, "Carrots are good for you because they have vitamins that help you grow", he wanted to read something else. He did enjoy the tugboat and dump truck stories, though. This probably won't go as far as the previous Little Critter collection we have, but since so many other people here gave this 5 stars, it's definitely an issue of personal preference.
on March 22, 2016
I bought this book for my great niece who will be arriving sometime in May. I always give a series of books at baby showers and with this one, it's a collection of Little Critter stories so it's nice to have just one big book. For the baby shower on April 2nd, I bought a big basket (that the parents can reuse for toys and such), and I made two quilts, some bibs, a hospital gown for the mom (so she is not in that ugly blue thing for the first baby pictures) and assorted other items. I also buy a huge box of diapers and wipes. Moms can never have enough of those. This book though will be special as my niece loved these stories when she was a little girl.
on September 10, 2008
My 4 year old daughter loves Little Critter, and I purchased this book along with Just a Little Critter Story Collection. A couple of the stories in this book have become her favorites (one about visiting grandparents and one about a snow day). However, there are a couple of stories in here about transportation that are very, very simple...as though they were originally toddler board books. My daughter gets tired of them very quickly, and so do I. I would have liked this collection better if all the stories had been on the same "level."
on October 19, 2007
The stories are like all Little Critter stories, fun to read. The book is well bound but the page quality seemed not as good as the single ones. The newer Little Critter books had nice glossy pages (Little Critter: Grandma, Grandpa, and Me is one such book) while the collection pages were not. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the book and the price was right...which is why I still gave it 5 stars rather then 4.
on December 18, 2015
Love love love Little Critter! My daughter is 2 and loves telling us the stories. Great and simple story lines, but many of them teach a simple lesson. I highly Recommend any books in this series. Our favorites include, I was so mad, snowball soup, and the other compilation book about fall.
VINE VOICEon August 14, 2011
We seen this one in the store and picked it up, she had to have it right then and I paid the price of it (literally) I much prefer Amazon! Such a great collection! You get Just a School Project, Little Critter at first can't decide what to do for his but his dad takes him to the library where he gets too many ideas, but after trying a few of them out, it comes to him and its one explosion of an idea! Just a Tug Boat; Little Critter is playing boats with his friends and imagines himself all grown up operating a Tug Boat, helping boats on the lake get back in to safety. Just a Dump Truck; Little Critter is playing trucks with his friends and imagines himself all grown up operating a dump truck, moving gravel and rock and dirt from place to place. Its fun to pretend! Just a Snow Man; It's Snow Day! Little Critter wants to make a snow man most of all but first he has to help Little Sister with her snow gear, then help dad shovel, then play with sister, then his friends want to do some of this and some of that, but finally they get to make their snow man! Bye, Bye, Mom and Dad; Little Critter's mom and dad are going away for the night and Grandma and Grandpa are watching him and Little Sister, and they get to have lots of fun like most grandcritter's get to with their grandCritterparents! Good for Me and You; Little Critter learns all about being healthy and school and helps teach his family and friends, too! Then they enter a race, which they have a lot of fun in. Just Big Enough; Little Critter gets picked on by some of the bigger kids, who says he's too small to play with him, and he wants to grow fast. He tries, but quickly learns sometimes smaller is faster!

We love this book and your Little Critter will, too!
on July 15, 2007
I raised my oldest child on the Little Critter books and now my two youngest children are listening to the same stories. Easy reading.... young children are able to follow the story line.... Timeless subjects... Thank you!