Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: VHS TapeChange
Price:$32.99+ $3.99 shipping

on April 4, 2005
C'mon Paramount, you have to release this on DVD. I know the video was re-released sometime in the 90's, but DVD quality is so much better. Kristy McNichol and Tatum O'Neal do an awesome job as they battle each other over the loss of their virginity, but to their friends demise, the two become good friends. The movie has a lot of taste and certainly reflects a "sign of the times" from 1980.

Oh, and when it gets released, per previous reviews, I hope they reinstate all the original songs, such as the end credit song "Let your love flow". I know you can do it, "The Pirate Movie", (another Kristy McNichol favorite) was finally released on DVD, and I sure jumped on that one, so now I am ready for this one to be released! It's a must.
1010 comments51 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2004
I loved this movie when I was 15 and still do. I hope to watch it with my daughter in a couple of years. What really disappointed me was the fact that they changed the music for several scenes. Not only the Bellamy Brothers Let Your Love Flow that played over the credits, but the lovely and haunting Oh My Love by John Lennon that played when Angel went to the cabin with Randy as well as others were replaced by some very boring and unknown songs. To me, music is an integral part of a movie experience. This let me down.
11 comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 30, 2008
BUYERS BEWARE! This listing is for a bootleg copy--of a film that has never been released on DVD.
33 comments65 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2005
Little Dralings is definately in my top ten favourite movies of all time. Its got a great sountrack, fantastic clothes and hair cuts form the era and a feel-good story line that always manages to cheer me up. Little Darlings is the celluloid equivalent of chicken soup!

My only question is:

WHY OH WHY HAS THIS COMING OF AGE CLASSIC NEVER BEEN RELEASED ON DVD???????
22 comments29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2010
Go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/contact-us and report these bogus DVDs. This movie was not released in DVD format, so obviously this listing is for pirated material (at a hundred-fifty bucks, it's downright robbery!)
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2004
tatum oneal and christie mcnichol playing ferris and angel, one girl from the high society and one from the inner city with a car that puts out more smoke and bang than it does drive. both girls though totally different are dealing with things with their parents and the confusion and pains of growing up. they meet on a camp bus and are quickly targeted by the camp tramp who puts them against one another (even more than them being completly different did naturally) in a competition to see who will lose their virginity first. wow, another part of growing up....> PEIR PRESSURE.. lol
well the story isnt dull by any means, its funny, its cute and despite the fact that your kid should atleast be about 13 before they see it, i dont see why a kid should have to wait and see it when their 17 because of an r rating because if this film was done in todays time it would have been pg-13, no question. "down to me" with freddie prince jr and julia styles was trashy in comparison sexually and not done in the humor that this film is done.
the soundtrack is great, followes in with the times with music from "let your love flow" to john lennon. your gonna love "little darlings"...
its a story of finding true friendship, breaking down barriers from different lifestyles, lost youth, peir pressure, first loves, rebellion (gotta love it when christie mcnichol (angel) decides to get her guy drunk so hell get turned on and he passes out with her saying "your suppose to get turned on stupid not pass out". ) and somewhere in the mix finding people inside of your parents.
tatum oneal is great in her role and she is the reason i saw it in the first place (i was hooked after paper moon) but i have to say that matt dillon and christie mcnichol truly shine in this movie. almost litterally, theirs like a shine or a spark to the way they are on the screen in the film. makes ya laugh and smile and ache for more of the movie...
11 comment12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2004
Wow, it's been years since I've seen this movie and it's still funny and very touching, but why on earth did they change the music? I hate that they took the Bellamy Brothers song from the end credits and even worse? They took out John Lennon's "Oh My Love" song which was a haunting part of the movie during that scene in the boathouse. They ruined the re-issue. ARGGH!! That stuff is all part of the nostalgic charm of that movie, in my opinion. When it comes out on DVD, I sure hope they restore it back to the original way it was. I don't like this VHS version at all because of the changes, so I'll be reselling it eventually.
11 comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2009
I recently rented and watched this. It was a treat to see this in widescreen format. This is the original theatrical release, complete with original music ("Oh My Love", "Let Your Love Flow", etc.). I hope this comes out on Blu-Ray/DVD sometime. I would definitely purchase it.
on April 20, 2009
I first saw this movie when I was 11 years old. If my mom had known the subject matter, I would have definitely been prohibited from seeing it. However, what my mother would not have realized is that, if anything, this movie actually discouraged me from under-age sex. I'd really love to watch this movie with my 14-year-old daughter so maybe she can get the message I got from it... that sex IS a big deal and NOT something to do out of peer pressure. My biggest drawback of this film is that I always found Tatum O'Neil utterly annoying, but Kristy & Matt make it worth it! Of all the movies I saw as a child, Little Darlings, Parent Trap & Star Wars are the only ones that really stayed with me as very memorable.
on August 19, 2004
They really need to put the song "Let you love Flow" back during the ending credits. That was one of the reasons why I bought the video. I saw the cable version on TV and have always liked the Bellamy Brothers. And when I heard that song played, I just had to buy the video. But when it was changed, I was disappointed. Hope Paramount puts all original songs back when it comes out on DVD.

But the movie is COOL!
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse