Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Feat - High Wire Act Live in St. Louis 2003
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 23, 2003
This release is something I have been waiting for a long time and I am certainly not disappointed. Having the "Rockpalast" show is an amazing representation of the Lowell-era band, but I have longed for a live DVD of the Feat in it's most excellent current form. This was a very good show for the Featsters who were in fine form this night in St. Louis and I think the DVD package is well done for the most part (I especially enjoyed the interview section but a band commentary would have been nice). There are always certain favorites you wish could have been included in the show ("Sailin' Shoes", etc.) but I thought the setlist provided a great mix of all periods in the band's history. Little Feat is that rare band from the 70's that is still relevant today due to their hard work, excellent musicianship, no fear of following trends, and continuing curiosity in espanding themselves musically. Many younger fans are thankfully becoming aware of what a treasure Little Feat is and just how much influence they have had on many of the current faves (Phish, Widespread, etc.) It's great to see them finally issue this as it will certainly make many Feat fans very happy! Hoy Hoy!
on December 12, 2003
First of all it is great to see The Feat live on DVD. The DVD is good. I wouldn't call it exceptional. The camera work (in my opinion) was not that good. At times (many times), the person working the camera failed to capture the person taking the solo. It was live, so we must show the audience. But, do we have to show them so often? When I view this DVD, I am listening to the audio portion is stereo, not 5.1 surround sound. In the stereo mix, Paul's solos are often times way in the back. Thay are there, but one must really strain to hear the solos. Where is "Voices on the Wind"? The sond is listed on the DVD credits, but it doesn't appear on the DVD. I am a fan of the Feat, so I am pleased to see this. I thought it could have been better.
on November 21, 2004
It's hard to believe I would type a review about a Little Feat live concert and not be praising the band as hard as possible, but here it is. The impressive jams that take a life of their own during Feat concerts never quiet develop here. Billy Powell flashes moments of brilliance but rarely does the band break through the imaginary barrier and jam on a totally different plane as Feat fans are accustomed to. Paul B. and Freddy T. lay down their usual great licks and the rythm section is every bit as bruising as you expect, but the jams never quiet take off as the Austih City Limits show the band performed in back in the late 80s. I was also disturbed at seeing Shaun Murphy hanging around on stage waiting for her token songs to sing. The band could do without her presense. To me she clutters up the works. Overall a letdown to me, but its still more fgunky and diverse than most bands could ever hope to accomplish. I would like to believe that the band will make another DVD to redeem themselves and be more choosey at which show/shows to select for the DVD.
on March 6, 2005
This St. Louis concert is not very good at all. I'm surprised that Little Feat released a show this weak on DVD. There are only brief flashes of the brilliance that a Little Feat fan would expect. I'm surprised the audience is having so much fun. The poor production and lighting result in a rinky-dink looking presentation. The camera work (or at least the way it's edited) is annoying at times. If you want to get a GREAT Little Feat DVD for your collection get "Little Feat: Rockpalast Live". That's the real McCoy.
on February 22, 2004
This was not a great Little Feat performance. They seem a little off compared to the last live show I saw. While they are tight and strong as always, the spark that would ignite a truly explosive set is missing. The crowd is having fun, but they're not over the top excited, like the crowd I saw go nuts when they performed in my area a couple of years ago. Then there is the botched sound job. You can hear the instruments sharp and clear in the surround sound mix, but the vocals are pushed way to the back. If you listen to the stereo mix, the vocals move forward but the instumentation does not sound crisp. Be advised that (on the copy I rented at least) the Audio Setup menu has the DTS and stereo mix entries reversed; ie, if you ask for the DTS mix you get stereo and vice versa. Personally, I prefer just listening to "Under the Radar".
on May 23, 2008
Some people who write these reviews probably have no idea how to jam. I read about people saying it isn't that great, and it is probably out of jealousy. In my opinion, this is a great show and great performance and I have been a professional musician for 20 years. Bill Payne is on the money, and everyone else in the band gives a stellar performance. I highly recommend this to Little Feat fans.
on February 8, 2004
This DVD is truely great! Mine was a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law, and I cannot go a single day without listening to a song or two. I have just purchased a second copy to give to a friend who has heard of Feat and knows them by only a few of their more popular songs. I see no way anyone could view this DVD and not come away an avid fan of Little Feat.
on December 31, 2003
Great band, great music intimate venue. But who checked the packaging, on the outside a song entitled "voices on the wind" is shown, but sure isn't there on the disc. To bad Feat can't reach a larger audience, there deserve to. "keep rockin"
on December 15, 2003
IN THIS AGE OF DVD'S WE SEEM TO FORGET THAT THERE IS NO PERFECT CONCERT. I'VE BEEN A FAN OF LITTLE FEAT FOR OVER 25 YEARS AND EVERY CONCERT I'VE EVER BEEN TO, INCLUDING LITTLE FEAT, HAS HAD EITHER SOME LOUD RUDE FANS OR SOME TYPE OF SOUND PROBLEMS DURING THE SHOW. WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM A DVD CONCERT. THE MUSIC IS WHATS IMPORTANT, AND LITTLE FEAT REALLY DELIVER THE GOODS. IM JUST HAPPY THAT WE FINALLY HAVE THEM ON DVD IN GOOD QUALITY. I ALSO OWN THE "ROCKPALAST" DVD DONE IN 1977 WITH THE ORIGIONAL LINEUP. THE MUSIC GOOD BUT THE VIDEO WAS BAD. SO ROCK ON LITTLE FEAT. I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY THIS DVD JUST FOR THE RECORD IF NOTHING ELSE..................
on January 28, 2005
The performance on that show was so much better than this. Let's hope it makes it on DVD soon.