Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes

VINE VOICEon February 8, 2013
If you're a MLP:FIM fan, odds are you either have this in your hand or you have it on order and are probably looking to see what everyone else thought. Or maybe you're just someone that's still a little skeptical and wants that slight bit of persuading. Rest assured, this series is worth getting into.

Like the previous issues, this story arc assumes that you've seen the Canterlot Wedding episodes from the animated series. There is some mentioning of previous story lines, but nothing overwhelming to where newcomers will be able to jump in without missing out. You can pick this up with only a rudimentary knowledge of the series, but half of the fun here is picking up on the in jokes.

What I truly love about these issues so far is the artwork. The story line in this is good, but the artwork is where this sparkles like Pinkie Pie on a sugar high. It's different looking than that of the animated series, which might frustrate some readers. I know that some are rather picky about that. It's closer than in some of the previous issues, but it's still a totally different beast. I rather like the difference, as it allows the characters to have more expressions and for the comic to be more of its own thing.

Where some parents might get slightly upset is that some of the stuff here might be a little more scary than they want their young readers to experience. It won't be any true issue for the older children, but your 6 year old might get a little upset at seeing Queen Chrysalis drain some incredibly cute and loving critters. True, they've probably seen her do this in the series but I've got to give a slight warning over this. Other than that, there really isn't much to worry about.

This really is a "must buy" part of the MLP:FIM fandom!
on June 12, 2013
I got this issue from amazon to fill the void in the collection i got at the comic book store in town. The artwork is on part with the show, the story is really good, its a bit 'heavier' than the show (you can tell its geared more toward Brony's and Pegasisters) but I don't mean that in a negative way. The characters are on par, the characteristics are on par; but there is some parts like the Cutie Mark Crusaders getting 'fillynapped' (kidnapped) which might be a bit much for a younger reader (you decide :) ) however its definitely worth getting the collection and new issues as they come out.
on February 15, 2013
My daughter likes to watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic on Net-flex and on You tube. No comic shops around me have this comic so, I am happy I was able to buy it here for my daughter who just loves it.
on April 16, 2013
This is a good comic that catches the action, humor, theme, and moral of the show. This is part three of a four part story arc featuring Queen Chrysalis after her defeat in the show. Quite frankly, I would not try to collect all the variant covers and instead be happy with whatever you get because few of us have the money to spend on the same comic except for different artwork on the front.