Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 27, 2010
Connie Good describes her new book Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment as "one minute daily reflections for cultivating mental, emotional, physical and financial well-being" and after reading it I really can see why. The book itself is broken into 7 different chapters that deal with emotional contentment, financial contentment, intellectual contentment, social contentment, occupational contentment, physical contentment and spiritual contentment. The book also contains a rather inspiring introduction. The book runs through the entire year, one inspirational and motivating message for each day. If you are a fan of perpetual calendars or books you are going to love this. You can read one message each day or choose to focus on the chapter that most meets your needs. This book is truly inspiring and will definitely change your mindset and your outlook on life. The messages contained in this book are affirmational type and therefore you will read them as if you are talking to yourself. I found this book to be a very easy read and one that I know I will be returning to time and time again. It is uplifting and encouraging and one that should be showcased in every home.

If you are looking for a way to change and appreciate all the aspects of your life then this book is a must have. You should read the daily message every morning and see how it transforms your day. This book flows with positivity and in today's world and challenging economics times it really is a pleasure to read. The chapter on financial contentment is really powerful and one that I have read a number of times. In today's changing times and an era where positivity and spirituality is becoming more and more acceptable you can expect to find many more books of this calibre hitting the shelves. These Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment could be enough to turn your life around and show you just how wonderful life really is. We are all on our own journeys but these words of inspiration will touch the hearts and souls of all. It has given me more information than I could have imagined when I picked up this book and I know that I am going to continue to learn and grow as I continue to read it.
Book Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment by Connie Good

This is a book filled with a year's worth of 1-minute daily reflections. The seven categories of wellbeing on which the reflections are based on include: emotional, financial, intellectual, social, occupational, physical and spiritual.

Connie Good's vivid writing engages all of your senses. You will smell the lavender, hear the birds and taste the chocolate as she describes the path to create some serenity in our hurried & busy lives. You will learn how creating a change in the way you think in one area of your life will create a ripple effect and improve another area that was suffering.

Some of the wisdom I have received from my daily readings of the reflections include:
The antidote for fear is gratitude.
I have a wastebasket for troubles.
So many adversities turn out to be blessings.
Gratitude is the key to true happiness.
You get more of what you focus on.

This evergreen book of daily reflections is one you will keep on your night stand or in your car for a quick dose of inspiration. Although each nugget of insight is dated with a specific day of the year, you do not need to read them in any specific order. I enjoy playing "Little gift's roulette" with this book. I randomly open the book to a page and begin reading. I am always amazed that I seem to choose the daily reflection that is right for me on that day.

This book helps you ask yourself the questions that will help you grow and achieve the dreams you have long forgotten about. Don't wait until your life is perfect. Get this book now and being the transformation to living the life you dream of someday having. This book will also make a great gift for friends and family members.
on September 10, 2010
Ms. Good provides a wonderful, genuine, easy to read journal format arranged by content topic around her mindful musings. Each day of the journal format provides a new outlook on the given topic that is always refreshingly honest in conveying her personal emotion during that moment of creation. Her work provides the thought impetus without offering guidance to a resolution, allowing the reader's response be their own rather than a solicited emotion. Through this neutral approach, the book is timeless as each time the reader reviews the content, their "now" has shifted so their experience of the work, as well as its potential, will also have shifted.
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2010
Connie Good's Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment is an interesting blend of one-minute readings that can serve as a focus for the reader's own reflections or meditation. Some of these short passages read like journal entries; some suggestions for action; some simple reflections.

I found this to be a powerful addition to my own library as something to pick up when I feel stalled. Each reading will give you something to think about and will enrich your day. There are no prescribed affirmations or meditations here and that is the strength of the book - each reader can use Connie's words as a starting point to create a personal message.

Connie's style is soothing and thoughtful. The book is exactly what the title promises - a git of sustainable contentment.
on September 6, 2010
C.J. Good offers quiet wisdom in bite-sized pieces that calm the heart and spark the soul to greatness. This lovely book is a treasure and would make an ideal gift for anyone whose spirit yearns for peace.
on August 16, 2010
In Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment, C.J. Good offers a rich addition to the literature of recovery and spiritual growth, Her daily messages include a welcome and astute abundance of metaphor and poetry, so that the vocabulary for our inner conversation towards contentment and evolution is greatly enriched. As I read I jotted down wonderful turns of phrase which beautifully articulated moments of spiritual insight. The daily messages move smoothly among each of the seven categories of experience. The wealth of imagery and the integrity and intimacy with which C.J. shares her personal experience - with the humble recognition that human yearnings are universal - will add valuable dimensions to anyone's personal journey.
on August 5, 2010
Connie Good's book Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment is filled with pearls of insight and wisdom, yet the ideas come from a very human, imperfect perspective. When reading her daily insights,you identify with struggle, yet see hope and inspiration. You definitely feel that everything will really be okay. This is a great gift book for anyone experiencing transition (graduations, recovery,losses, new challenges).
on July 29, 2010
As an entrepreneur, mother and wife I am always being pulled in a million directions. It's hard to keep a daily check on what is important and how to keep my sanity amongst all the chaos. Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment is a handy book to keep on my desk and gives me that perfect touch of spirituality, inspiration and motivation that I need on a daily. Thank you Connie for sharing these daily pieces of heaven.
on July 14, 2010
Excellent practical advice and quite thought provoking. The author has reached into the darkest recesses of her Soul, offering salient and timeless words of wisdom to a world hungry for spiritual manna. I experienced my own feelings rising to the surface - along with the tears - while reading these words. In style, Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment is reminiscent of such works as Lord Byron's She Walks in Beauty and Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet.

Although Ms. Good had no way of knowing it, her request that I review her book came at just the right time in my life. Like everyone else, I am subject to good days and not so good days. But lately, the not so good days seem to have taken precedence. Why? I wondered. I do my best to maintain a positive focus, by (amongst other methods) utilizing daily affirmations and remembering that astrological transits often play a large part in our moods. Yet it seems that no matter what I've done as of late, not much has assisted in pulling me out of the mounting sadness and fear that I continue to feel over the plight of our seemingly failing society.

And then, along came a kick in the pants in the form of Ms. Good's book, which I've needed for quite some time.

Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment is not only aptly named, but is a combination of profound prose, delightful poetry, evocative imagery, and is just that: an oasis of contentment and tranquility amidst the chaos of our lives.

Written in a daily journal format, this wonderful little book assures the reader that - regardless of the difficulties which we all face each day - through maintaining a positive focus, grateful intent and reliance on our own Higher Power - Whoever and whatever that might be - and regardless of our circumstances, we too can sustain that contentment.

Too often we are `stuck in our own heads' and can't get out of our own way. Focusing on others, as the author suggests, is an excellent remedy for spiraling into self-pitying despair and depression.

I couldn't help laughing out loud at some of the pleas - so apropos - used by the author, such as `relieve me of the obsession with numbers' (how well do I know THAT one!) and `thinking disease.' Or tearing up as I read `I am grateful for the unexpected ways in which new people enter and touch my life' Ms. Good has entered my own.

At times while reading Little Gifts it felt almost as though I were a voyeur, peering in at another Soul's darkest, most sensitive thoughts and feelings. Yet, how often have I felt just as the author describes?

This little book helped me to remember that `we are all spiritual beings having a human experience,' and that `we are the ones we have been waiting for.'

It all comes down to this: we are far more - and capable of far more - than we have been led to believe; and we are LOVE. Having true, unconditional love for ourselves and for others allows our beautiful and divinely endowed Light to shine, and thus dispels the darkness...both for ourselves and for others.

on July 13, 2010
If you are looking for a spiritual tool which you can use to overcome negative beliefs and past circumstances, this is the book for you! It is a wonderful book that helps you look at attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs that have blocked you from your full potential.

It does this largely through the process of affirmation. It does so in marvelously bite-sized jewels that you can review on a daily basis. It is also a book you can read cover to cover as I have done that will help you review the total picture of your life.

It is a book for anyone who is looking for a positive and spiritual solution to become all that you can be. It will especially speak to people who are in twelve-step programs as I am. I would particularly recommend it for people who have completed the second and third steps: Step two - Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Step three - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.

I strongly believe in the power of affirmation and the law of attracting good into one's life. Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment will do that for you if you are willing to open your mind to the power of the Universe. It will do this whether or not you have an abiding belief in God or a concept of what a Higher Power means to you.

All of the daily reflections are contained within topic areas that will allow the reader to delve into those particular aspects of life. Examples of these would be Emotional Contentment, Intellectual Contentment, Physical Contentment, Social Contentment, and Spiritual Contentment among others.

As you delve into the rich experience of the author which has led to her own insights and wisdom of the power of God, you will come to embrace your own. You will come to see those areas of your life on which you need to work. You will ultimately break free of negative patterns and beliefs and move into a new way of being that embraces your spirit.

I highly recommend this powerful book to anyone who has a desire to move into a life filled with contentment. It is a tool which you can add to whatever repertoire you may already be using in order to move in that direction. Connie Good does this with beautifully flowing phrases that will lift your spirit to become the person you always dreamed to be.

Davis Aujourd'hui,