Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 24, 2011
I am not at all religious, and not even sure if I believe in God...but picked up this book for my kids. Loved, loved, loved the illustrations and the very simple text with an overall message of love and caring.
on September 18, 2001
Truth in advertising, what more could you ask for? My Little Book About God is indeed little, and avoids taking any particular dogmatic approach. God is not described as an old man in the sky, nor are any particular religions held to be true to the detriment of others. Simply put, God is presented as great and loving, no more. Comparisons between the child's world and God's make these points explicit. Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Zoraster, Joseph Smith and the like never make so much as a cameo, and on this basis perhaps some will find the book too bland. But after all, it isn't My Little Book About How My Religion Is Right and Yours Isn't And You Are Going To Burn For All Eternity Because You Are An Infidel. Certainly devout atheists will find the book objectionable, but there is even room for secular humanists (God might literally be Love, and not a separate, intelligent presence at all) in in this approach. Hopefully most will find it a message of tolerance and love from which their children will benefit--two qualities that are far too rare in today's troubled times.
on December 30, 2013
I had this book as a child and I'm in my sixties. What a surprise to read and review so many books for young children and find that this is still one of the best. The text is clear and, most importantly, accurate. Some of the illustrations have been updated for a more diverse (not all white) group of children. Very highly recommend for preschoolers and beginning readers -- particularly if they have not had any Sunday School or other Biblical teaching.
on February 21, 2001
This was one of my favorite books as a child so naturally I wanted my daughter to have a copy. To my delight, it has a few new illustrations now [black children are included.]
The wording of MY LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK ABOUT GOD can be at times too lengthy for a preschooler but it adds to the appeal later in life. My two-year old daughter has never complained though, she is mesmerized by the pictures just as I was at her age! Children love to listen to any story with illustrations this magnificient. Way to go Eloise Wilkin! I finally get to thank you after 30 years!
I highly recommend this book because I remember it fondly and vividly from childhood. I had countless books growing up but this is one of only a handful that I remember and that is also etched into my heart forever. Let's keep the little child in our hearts; this is a great book to help us achieve this feat!
But Jesus said, "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO ME, AND DO NOT FORBID THEM; FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN." Matthew 19:14 THE HOLY BIBLE
on July 16, 2006
This book is a sweet story and a good introduction to God's creations. The wording is a little antiquated but my daughter enjoys the sentiment and the pictures.
on February 24, 2015
I could have sworn I remember this book from my childhood. So I purchased it for my 6 week old daughter. Obviously she cannot read it yet and she's too little for me to read it to her, however I thought I would get it so that we would have it. Turns out I remember the picture on the front of the book but do not really remember the rest of it. This is not specific to one religious tradition which is cool. And although you can tell that there is a few inserted pictures with different minorities, I don't find that a bad thing. I'd like to expose my daughter to different cultures. It's a cute little book but it is for older children so it'll be on our bookshelf for a little while. The Golden Books don't always line up the cover and the pages for some reason now and I managed to give myself a paper cut on the cover so be careful. Ultimately though, I love these books because they are relatively cheap have been around forever and generally have fun little messages for kids.
on December 1, 2012
I loved Little Golden books when I was a little girl. And guess what, I still love them. My grand-children love them to!! Thanks so much
on December 11, 2010
My children are drawn to the illustrations and love the story. The illustrated children's eyes are hauntingly beautiful as they explore God's world created for them. It is a sweet, soft story that introduces children to God's creation and His love for them for all eternity. Rather large, complex theological points are made simple for children.

I only didn't give it five stars because when reading out loud I tend to fumble a bit. The prose appears to want to be rhyming, but the layout doesn't allow for it, so when you read it out loud you just can't get a rhythm going, and so you end up stumbling a bit. The edition I have is from 2002 with a copyright of 1984, so perhaps the graphic layout was changed from the original.
on November 29, 2013
This is the sweetest little old fashioned book you can find. The pictures are so cute and I love the verses. We've been reading it to our daughter since she was tiny. She loves it. Would be a really cute gift or baptism gift.
on December 7, 2013
I remember this book from way back……I purchased it for my niece. Eloise Wilkens is a wonderful artist, plus did stories herself. As for the subject, I thought it was a great start for my little niece.