4.0 out of 5 stars Blu-rays are coming...
Published 10 months ago by Classic TV fan

3.0 out of 5 stars THESE DISCS ARE EDITED AND SOME SCENES ARE LEFT OUT!
Published on January 10, 2012 by Melanie L. Manera

3.0 out of 5 stars THESE DISCS ARE EDITED AND SOME SCENES ARE LEFT OUT!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: The Complete Nine-Season Set (Complete Series + Pilot Episode) (DVD)
Many of the dvd's in this set are missing scenes from the series. For example, when the blind school catches on fire, Hester Sue goes to check on the tea kettle before she finds the smoke coming from the basement door. Also, one of the blind children is awakened because he is snoring and he goes to the bathroom to blow his nose. He then becomes stuck in the bathroom because the door won't open. That is why Mrs. Garvey had to go back and rescue him, resulting in her and baby Adam's death. These scenes are completely cut from the dvd. I found this out because someone had uploaded the full episodes on youtube and I realized when I rewatched my dvd's that certain scenes were missing. There were other episodes that were the same way but this is the one that sticks out in my mind. If I am going to spend money on dvd's, I expect them to be full and unedited. After all, it's not like they had to be edited for commercials. I cannot find the full episodes on youtube now (I found this out a couple of years ago after I had bought the dvd set years before). I was told the unedited dvd's were sold in France. Just know when you buy these that you are not getting the full, unedited episodes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Episodes are cut/edited, January 24, 2012
D. Rasmussen (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
As others have stated, this set is heavily cut and therefore missing MANY scenes. The only ones I know of (for a fact) that are NOT cut/edited are the ones on Amazon.de called "Kleine Huis Op De Prairie". They have English audio so there's no need to worry about making a purchase. There are also some with the title "Unsere kleine Farm", but I have not personally seen them & cannot comment on if they are cut/edited or not (or if they have English audio or not). I have the "Kleine Huis Op De Prairie" versions so again, I can 100% confirm that they are NOT edited and DO have English audio.

No idea why other countries can get 100% uncut episodes, while the US get's this garbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blu-rays are coming..., January 23, 2014
Posted 1-23-2014... OK, here's the deal, so think before you buy... LHOTP Season 1 blu-ray will be available late March 2014 with much improved picture & audio quality, remastered, un-cut, in original 4:3 aspect ratio. I tell you this so that you can think about what you want to do... Buy the entire DVD set here, at a savings no doubt, but with a number of episodes being cut and not remastered from the original 35mm films (especially from Season 4 onward), or, wait it out, and buy the higher quality blu-ray sets as they become available. I have already purchased the entire series on DVD (just not all at once like this product), but will gladly buy the blu-ray sets when they come out. I can't say that for most other shows I've already bought on DVD, but I can with this one. The series is that good, as it was beautifully filmed, and is worthy of watching in the highest possible quality on a large HDTV (I prefer plasma, 50 inch+).

Do an AMAZON SEARCH for "Little House on the Prairie Season 1 (Deluxe Remastered Edition Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy)" in order to find the Season 1 blu-ray, and do a search for more seasons from time to time, as they will likely be released before long. Also be sure to check out tvshowsondvd.com for detailed press releases concerning the Season 1 blu-ray and upcoming releases.

UPDATE: There is also a new "deluxe remastered" version of at least Season 1 coming in the DVD format as well (in addition to blu-ray), just so you know...

1.0 out of 5 stars you are loosing sales, June 9, 2012
I wanted to buy this set. I will not buy this as many of the scenes are missing and episodes are missing. You really should look into getting this fixed cause a lot of people would buy this if in fact it was UNCUT AND UNEDITED. The true fans of the show will notice in a minute if something is missing. The price you are charging for this set is way to high since scenes episodes and season ten is not included. One person had a review take out the scene selections part of the dvd if this is why everything is edited If you ever get this problem fixed I will buy but not until then.

What a shame

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, November 28, 2011
I bought this at target on Black Friday for $100 (regular price) I've always been a fan of this show and its nice to find episodes rarely aired on hallmark.

It hasn't been remastered (something I'm willing to overlook) unlike the previous complete series set release this one includes the pilot episode movie.

A few things I like:
Price, when some members of my family collected each season they paid upwards of $30 per season and the first season set did not include the pilot movie and you had to shell out an additional $15 for that movie.

The set comes in its own dvd binder, the discs are well protected and it will last for quite some time.

A few things I love:

Price and seeing some episodes rarely seen on Hallmark.
Bonus features

A few things I don't like:

The liner notes are pathetic, it only includes the titles of the episodes with no discriptions. Forcing me to make my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, February 9, 2012
I only wish all the DVDs for the complete 9 seasons where in the original packaging instead of all lumped together in an album, secured by a plastic slip - which is somewhat awkward in trying to get the DVD out to play!!! Why such packaging - to save money??!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't short change yourself, August 13, 2013
This set is an absolute shame, this company missed a great opportunity of offering a product that loyal fans would have gladly paid a premium for. I fully agree with so many other posters here in regard to the deceptive marking of the set's content; it should have been clearly described and given buyers the choice of purchasing the edited version or not.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Binder build quality, September 14, 2013
P. Spitzer (North Plainfield, NJ) - See all my reviews
As soon as my wife opened the box and took the binder out the binder separated from the glued-on CD sleeves. Its no huge deal to me but if you are buying this set due to the convenience of having everything in one place the binder quality might be a significant issue to you.

3.0 out of 5 stars no digital remaster, November 15, 2011
These are the great Little House on the Prairie tv show exactly as I watched them how ever many years ago. There has been no digital remastering or clean up to the original film. Colorings a bit off at times and you definitely can tell it is the same quality as the original film. Content is good though, good clean films for the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best, November 20, 2013
I became dissatisfied with TV fifteen or twenty years ago when prime-time viewing began featuring unfunny sitcoms, unreal reality shows and melodramatic dramas. At about that time they started producing DVDs of some old shows, so I decided to collect the best of them to watch anytime I please.
So far I’ve bought DVDs of forty shows. I’ve found some fine shows, such as Matlock and Trapper John, which I missed the first time around. And I have been disappointed by shows such as The Greatest American Hero and The A Team, which I once enjoyed.
No issues with Little House on the Prairie, however. After watching many reruns of all of the great shows, I now consider Little House to be the greatest of all, in a close call with Touched by an Angel.
Michael Landon, a genius in all facets of TV – acting, directing, script writing, producing – was the mastermind behind Little House. The greatness of the show is evinced in the enduring camaraderie of cast members at reunions. Who could have thought that antagonists Laura Ingalls (Melissa Gilbert) and Nellie Olson (Alison Arngrim) in real life were close friends?
This show had the best acting, most interesting and inspirational story lines, clever comedy, serious drama, and the best mood music of all-time.
Here are the ten shows I watch most often in a delightful fare of prime-time DVD viewing: 1. Little House; 2. Touched by an Angel; 3. The Closer; 4. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman; 5. Bonanza; 6. Hawaii Five-0 (the original show with Jack Lord); 7. The Dick Van Dyke Show; 8. Highway to Heaven; 9. Wings; 10. Jackie Gleason’s Honeymooners. This list features at least one show from every era of TV.