Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition Release Date?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 9, 2011 6:50:38 PM PDT
Melissa says:
Yes, I know this is for Beauty and the Beast, but just wondering when The Little Mermaid will be coming out on Blu-Ray??

Posted on May 14, 2011 10:20:12 AM PDT
Rocky Boat says:
Probably October 2013. This fall it's The Lion King, fall of 2012 it's Cinderella and 2013... voila... :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2011 5:51:21 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 14, 2011 5:51:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 3:53:27 PM PDT
Little Mermaid will be coming out sooner than 2013. It was announced today that it will be one of the 4 movies to be re-released in 3D in 2012, which means a release at somepoint on blu-ray diamond edition just like lion king.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 2:24:36 AM PDT
Rocky Boat says:
Not accurate. The press release specifically said The Little Mermaid will be released in 3D in September 2013 and it also coincides with its Blu-ray release in October 2013.

Posted on May 21, 2012 8:09:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 21, 2012 8:14:34 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 8:10:02 PM PDT
Melissa says:
The Little Mermaid is my fave Disney movie, so it is definitely the Blu-Ray I am looking forward to the most. :) But just something I've been thinking about: Color-wise, I LOVE the platinum edition DVD. :) I like the colors all bright and the change to the sound, as opposed to the VHS editions and everything. As for BATB, which I also own, I noticed that Beauty and the Beast is substantially darker (on Blu) than the Platinum, but the trailers for Lion King and Cinderella, which I am also excited about this fall, I honestly cannot tell the difference. They look similar, which is good. My main thing is I want the Little Mermaid Blu to have VERY similar, if not identical, coloring and sound to the Platinum....which I sincerely hope is the case..... anybody else's opinions on this?

I read somewhere that the directors approved the higher-pitched audio and the new color transfer for Mermaid, so I hope they keep it the same. :) Cinderella looks amazing though, not dark at all, so here's to hoping!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 1:22:08 PM PDT
Rocky Boat says:
They change the colors with each new release, so it's not gonna have the same colors as the PE. I agree that color-wise, Mermaid looked great, but there were some grainy shots that could have been dealt with better. I'm dying to see it in HD already. Just thinking how the Main Titles or Part of Your World or Under The Sea are gonna look gets me excited... It's really a breathtaking film.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 6:48:55 PM PDT
Since Aladdin is coming in Spring 2013 and TLM is getting a September 2013 3D theatrical re-release, it's safe to assume that the BD will be released in the fall '13 in the same vein as TLK was released after its 3D engagement in 2011.

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 10:29:25 AM PDT
Jackson says:
I predict it will go in this order:
The Little Mermaid (Fall 2013)
The Jungle Book (Spring 2014)
Aladdin (Fall 2014)
101 Dalmatians (Spring 2015)
Sleeping Beauty (Fall 2015)
Pinocchio (Spring 2016)

*There is a possiblility that they will expand the Diamond Line, if they are, it will probably be Alice in Wonderland and Dumbo

** When the cycle is over there is a HUGE chance that they will add Tanlged, maybe Wreck it Ralph, and if all goes well, Frozen as a Valut Movie.

But again this is my prediction
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 9, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about