Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on May 28, 2001
You could seriously get away without having to read his larger book on money, The Trick To Having Money Is Having Some, and come away from reading this small one, supercharged with many, many improved ways of looking at money and the consciousness of wealth. (but I have to read all of his books, i love this guy's books). I feel a need to re-read this particular Wilde masterpiece to remind myself that:
1. .. the freedom I give myself by knowing that my Divine-ness is so beyond money or attachments IS the very freedom to just play with my creativity and make lots of money!
2. .. how ego interferes with money
3. .. of the point that the first reviewer mentioned: Give people what they want, and put your own LIGHT into it,
4. I can't be insecure
(Page 95: "if you are solid and contained and secure, it helps them feel more solid, so they transfer their cash more readily")
This has to be part of your "prosperity-consciousness" collection! (Even though this would be very helpful even without his "Trick To Having Money.." book, I wanted to add before leaving that I'd really recommend reading that one too. There's too much to miss there.)
0Comment63 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
HALL OF FAMEon February 6, 2002
In this valuable little book, Wilde reveals the psychological aspects of the money game, as well as the deeper metaphysical secrets of prosperity. Understanding the flow of money in our lives is one of the great spiritual lessons, as is a thorough understanding of the dynamics of love and interpersonal relationships. Many of the great teachers of mankind have taught that abundance is spiritual - that it is one's feelings and the power of one's thought that create wealth, and Wilde casts new light on these ideas in his witty and engaging style as he discusses the ten laws of abundance. He refers to the works of other great writers like John Randolph Price, Catherine Ponder, Ernest Holmes and Deepak Chopra and has some very interesting views of how manifestation takes place by the power of thought out of the quantum possibility into our three-dimensional reality. Ultimately, it's all about energy and how to cultivate a prosperity consciousness. Wilde is a brilliant writer and this work of his is no exception. As he says: "There's no reason why you can't be very rich and still be an extremely spiritual and wonderfully generous person." I highly recommend this excellent guide to bring those streams of plenty into your life. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
0Comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2006
There are few books that set out to achieve one thing and end up achieving another, far greater than their initial goal. This is one such example.

Wilde's book is a seminal text that should be read by everyone, and I really do mean everyone, especially the young. I wish this had been on the reading list at high school. Although the title is a little obvious and one could be forgiven for thinking this is just going to be yet another 'I made it rich, so can you' or a 'get richer, quicker and with less effort' type affair, not so! Really not so. Wilde's strengths are numerous one of which being that he is clearly an intelligent human being whose thinking and rationale encompass a very diverse spectrum of disciplines. From metaphysics, to psychology and philosophy, through history and theology he offers the reader a very concise, well-written, articulate and above all HUMOROUS text that in no certain terms will change your life. Change the way you view yourself, money and the world around you. That is no mean feat! When reading the book I ended up highlighting just about every word on every page, and then had to go back and read it again to beginning to sift through it in greater detail.

Two things really struck me about this book. Firstly, the clarity and simplicity of Wilde's writing. Secondly the conviction and faith that emanates from the pages. Clearly a man of Belief, he has no problem rationalising money and wealth and spiritual awareness; and that alone is an amazing paradigm shift, worthy of an independent text.

If there is a minus point to the book, then it has to be the rather cheesy final sentence tags he over-used. Once or twice a humorous footnote is memorable, but every time gets dull. Also there are some glaring inaccuracies regarding the European's attitude to wealth. Wilde seems to be saying that all Europeans despise wealth and see wealth accumulation as greedy and selfish and all Americans are cool and hip about money. This actually annoyed me somewhat. Firstly because I felt he had let himself down, show a side to his character I'd rather not know; and secondly because such generalisations are not only false but so sweeping as to be impossible to support as an argument. Clearly the 'American Dream' is not alive and well and clearly America is a highly divided society, socially, economically, educationally and spiritually; and this illustration does not make for a cohesive role model about the benefits of wealth accumulation. Indeed were I Wilde, then I would have probably referenced America as a poor example, insofar as wealth has to a large extent created a divided society where greed and displays of greed have become synonymous with success. The present day lack of spirituality (not religion per se.) and of the disparity between wealth generation and philanthropy are issues that do not present good arguments for a wealthier society.
11 comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2007
I'm a HUGE FAN of Stuart Wilde. I bought and read his other book, The Trick to Money is Having Some.

This book is an abridged and updated version of his other book. Still, even with the same info as the other book, it has additional info that doesn't seem to be in the other book.

I keep both books very close to me. I take this book on trips with me so I have immediate access to his info in a short but sweet format that this book provides.

Both of his "money" books, as I call them (this book and The Trick to Money is Having Some, highly recommended) have changed my life. His methods and techniques are immediately usable and practical.

If you're tired of the typical metaphysical "attraction" books out there, THIS is the book for you. Most other books tell you to change your thinking and, I guess as the theory goes, a suitcase full of money is supposed to show up at your door.

Stuart Wilde realizes was a bunch of malarky that concept is and tells you HOW to work with the RULES OF THE WORLD in order to have boatloads of money show up at your door. However, you have to DO SOMETHING to get the money...Not just "think positive" and have checks arrive to you from the clouds. That's not how life works.

His work is superb. You'll be missing out if you pass on this book. You MUST get this book if you want to fully understand how to make "life" work for you so you can make as much money as possible.
on December 25, 2003
This refers to the audio cassette version. I really enjoyed this little book. I have read dozens of books on self help, manifesting, New Thought, sprirituality, quantum physics, etc (you know what I mean) but this one pulls everything together. It is simply-stated, enlightening, inspirational, and fun! Wilde reads it with enthusiasm and a charming accent. This is my first Wilde book but I plan to read or listen to all the others.
on March 12, 2003
Treat yourself to listening to this during your commutes and I guarantee, your attitude toward money will increase in the positive and you WILL see an increase in cash flow!
on December 25, 2003
on May 12, 2007
The Little Money Bible is all that and more. There is nothing little about this book at all. It should be the big money bible all you need to know at your fingertips. Stuart Wilde brings us to an understanding of what money is in our lives. He points out throughout the book that it is all energy. He also speaks to us that money is all about feeling. In these eternal truths he also causes us to pay attention to the game of life. He points us in the direction of the inner game which is a great metaphysical truth that is understood throughout the ages.

I love when Wilde points out by saying, "The difference between the tramp and the millionaire is an almost imperceptible shift in consciousness and vitality." With this thought in mind we can understand that all things move by reason of the mind. This book will teach you about the laws of abundance and the learned art of manifestation. When you discover the principles in this book it will wow your mind and cause you to start to think of money in a correct mindset. The little money bible should be kept by your bed or in your purse. You should not only read it but peruse it so that every thought can be digested to the level you can handle in mind. The point he makes in the book is that you must align money with right thinking. You will never attract money if you think it is evil. That is why everyday I say "I love money and money loves me." This statement started to free me from religious bondage that would have me to kick the good money from me. I recommend this book to those that are a thinking mind. And remember what the mind can conceive it will achieve if it is held long enough in thought. Bless you all.
on August 16, 2008
In this book, Stuart Wilde is addressing psychological issues people have about money which hold them back financially. He explains the "laws" about money and abundance to counteract these roadblocks, while also adding some of his trademark spiritual and psychical commentary and recommendations. Wilde is more straightforward and pragmatic than most of the spiritual and metaphysically-inclined personal development authors I've read. One of his suggested affirmations, for example, is "There's plenty of money in the world, and large chunks of it are just about to drop effortlessly into my lap." He also recommends people ask the Universe for a refund, a request which includes the salutation "Hey!" and includes "I want it in cash and right away." He emphasizes "action, action, action. Lots of it," while in contrast, he also emphasizes the metaphysical with instructions on invocation, projecting goodwill by thought, and visualizing money as a wave-particle. Combined with his sometimes irreverent sense of humor, Wilde's style makes for a fun and interesting mix of practical advice, spiritual and inspiring motivation, and points to ponder on the metaphysics of money and abundance.
VINE VOICEon October 5, 2008
I bought this book on the recommendation of marketing
guru Dan Kennedy who says: "Stuart is right on in the
area of money... he also think you can teleport yourself
and be in two places at the same time... Stuart drinks
a lot." - and yeah, Stuart is one pretty far-out cat
and he is an elegant, engaging writer about money and
how to get more of it.

Anybody who thinks that getting money cannot be done
with a great deal of spiritual integrity and love should
check out this book. One of the premises is that when
you put a lot of love into how you serve people they
will line up and give you a lot of money - I'm not
saying it near as well as Wilde, but take my word for
it - it's full of eye opening turns of phrase.