5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
My 3 year old grand daughter loves the poem "5 Little Monkeys". This book was a big hit with that story and others, as well as monkey stickers. She asks to have it read almost every night!
Published on October 9, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy for Kindle
Published on December 3, 2011 by Goggie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 9, 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Five Little Monkeys Storybook Treasury (A Five Little Monkeys Story) (Hardcover)

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy for Kindle, December 3, 2011
My granddaughter has loved the Monkeys on the Bed since she was a year old (now 3 1/2). I downloaded the e-version of the Treasury to have along on a long plane trip. BIG MISTAKE. The Kindle version does not translate well. Rather than just show each page, the graphics and text are duplicated, as if using subtitles. This creates constant stumbling blocks while trying to figure out where you are in the story. This process would be way too confusing for a small child to follow. Too bad. I thought I'd made a great find.

Next day follow-up: My request to have this book removed from my device and refunded was handled almost immediately by Amazon. I have generally found Amazon Customer Care to be unbeatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, August 13, 2011
Junell (Grapevine, TX) - See all my reviews
My son loves the monkeys poem. This was a great extension to the story. At 3, he has the ability to memorize a poem, so after he heard it a few times he was able to then "read" it back to me. The pictures are great, and he loves the stickers at the back too. I'd recommend it to anyone with little kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, December 28, 2009
this is a great book, my 2.5 year old wants me to read all the stories again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars monkeys, August 17, 2013
Great combination of patterns, rhyming words, basic math skills, and illustrations.
The music and how to draw pages make it very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddlers Love It!, May 30, 2010
My toddler adores these stories. Her favorite is, of course, "Five Little Monkeys Go to Bed". The book was a good value and I would recommend it to anyone with young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stories about monkeys up to monkey business., November 23, 2010
Purchased this book for my 2 and one half year old grandaughter as a pre-Christmas present. Had it mailed directly to her home and she was so excited to receive and open it. She even took it to bed with her and is most happy to have her parents read the stories to her each night before she goes to bed. Great present because she was already aware of the monkeys and their stories. I later purchased the stuffed monkeys that go along with the book. Wish I had purchased them at the same time, because after she received the monkeys she called me two times to thank me specifically for the stuffed monkeys. For Christmas she will receive the game that also goes with the book and the monkeys. I can't wait to play the game and read the stories to her. She is going to be one happy little girl (and I will be a happy grandma who picked something she likes!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy the Kindle Version, July 12, 2013
It does NOT translate to the Kindle at all. The illustrations are too small and the words are inserted in bigger print like captions after the fact (after publishing).

3.0 out of 5 stars Some stories good, some not, May 15, 2014
I purchased this book for my son. I was excited to find a book with several Monkey stories in one place for a good price. We had borrowed the Jumping on the bed and crocodile stories from the library and my son absolutely loved them. I figured all five stories would follow the same rhythmic singsongy writing as those two. I was disappointed to find I was wrong. While my children enjoy those two stories the other three are quite bland and unentertaining to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 little monkeys book, January 11, 2014
My two-year-old grandson loves the story. we are still working our way to the other monkey stories. I recommend it

Five Little Monkeys Storybook Treasury (A Five Little Monkeys Story)
Five Little Monkeys Storybook Treasury (A Five Little Monkeys Story) by Eileen Christelow (Hardcover - August 17, 2009)
$10.99 $8.51