Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Nikita
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on May 7, 1999
Don't listen to that screwed-up review above. This movie has plenty of suspense, tense moments, and fine performances, especially by River Phoenix and Sidney Portier. You'll love it.
on April 7, 2008
This was indeed one of the last cold-war films that I can recall. The premise, that Soviet sleepers of many years could be called up for espionage, is played out with Mr. Poitier as the FBI agent working to foil the Soviets. I have only seen River Phoenix in this movie, yet he is masterful; it's such a shame his personal life was so tragic. I hadn't seen this movie in more than 10 years when I purchased the DVD. I found myself transfixed as I had in the movie theater originally. The two actors playing the sleepers were terrific, though I can never remember their names. Recommended.
on January 10, 2010
Before River Phoenix's untimely drug overdose death in 1993, he had made several great films including Stand By Me and My Private Idaho. While this film is not considered one of his best, I think it's a great '80s film that showcases his talents very well. In this story Jeff (Little Nikita) must come to grips with the fact that his parents are Russian spies, who have been laying low all these years waiting for their call to duty. When it finally comes, his parents have no interest anymore in the spy business and refuse to be activated. Jeff is kidnapped by a Russian spy and the chase is on by his parents and the FBI to get him back safe. Sidney Poitier plays a convincing FBI agent. This movie would no doubt be enjoyed more by older people who grew up during the cold war.
on March 13, 2006
Good story of a San Diego FBI agent in pursuit of a Soviet agent who is killing off Soviet "sleeper cells". There's good interaction between Agent Roy Parmenter and high schooler Jeff Grant whose parents are "sleepers". Great suspense as Roy and Jeff and parents play a cat and mouse game with the Soviet assassin. This is one of the last "true era" cold war movies to be made.
on February 10, 2015
I keep reviewing Sidney Poitier movies and giving such raves to Poitier. But this film also has River Phoenix, who was such a talented actor and whom we lost at such a young age. Love this film, and any film with these two in it.
on January 12, 2015
I loved this movie from the '80's, and its subtle nuances and intelligent interplay between the protagonist (Phoenix) and the G-man (Poitier) is captivating every time I watch it. Plus (unintentionally?) comic portrayals of Russian characters. This is along the lines of "War Games", and I find the subject matter (Sleeper Spies) fascinating.
on October 24, 2013
Sidney and River worked well together in this film. The story was good and I felt for the characters. I liked the fact that Sidney had a love interest played by the talented Loretta Devine. Recommended for all Poitier fans.
on September 24, 2007
Sure I am a big fan of Sidney Poitier and River Phoenix, but this movie is an excellent spy thriller. When a long time sleeper cell wakes up they the cold war is pretty much over and they don't want to activate to spy or carry out covert operations against the U.S. any longer. The wife and husband have a teenage son who has only known the ways of being an American. The problem is they are being hunted by their own and only with the help of the FBI, and an agent played by Poitier, are they likely to have any chance at survival. Good quality DVD with plenty of replayability. If you enjoyed this catch The Jackal - DTS,Shoot to Kill, and Sneakers (Collector's Edition).

CA Luster
on August 29, 2013
Don't waste your time or your money on this movie. Although the actors are consummate (Sidney, River, Loretta, etc.) the script was poor and the look of it appeared to be a B movie. Will not recommend to anyone. I wish I could get a refund.
on February 28, 2015
This is an excellent movie. much in the vein of Bronson's Telefon. Movie is filled with action and drama and is a must for all movie lovers libraries.