5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!
Published on December 16, 2006 by T. Seggelink

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but you have to watch out!
Published on June 24, 2011 by Sofia Ramirez Gelpi

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!, December 16, 2006
This is worth the cost!!!!!!!! I hesitated to buy this because of the price. Finally, my mom decided to buy it for my b/g twins for Christmas. They are 19 months old. This is hands down the single best piece of equipment, furniture, or toy we have for them at this point. They absolutely love being able to watch mommy cook and when I need to occupy them for 10 or 15 minutes, I scoot it up to the kitchen sink and let them play in the water. They can both stand on it at the same time and it is a great lifesaver and ARM saver. Have you ever tried holding twins up to watch you do things in the kitchen? Impossible.

The 6 year old neighbor girl down the street comes over twice a week when her mother works. We adjust the platform and viola! She can help out in the kitchen too! This tells me we're going to get YEARS of use out of this. If my kids use it for the next five years, that means we paid roughly 30-40 dollars a year for it. That's 15 dollars per kid a year. Is that worth it? I think so. My guess is that it will resell quite well, so we'll make some of the money back.

As far as design goes... it's a very well made piece of equipment. The screws are counter sunk and the wood is very good quality. It's nice and heavy and there is no chance of it rocking or toppling. I can't say enough good things about it. The twins climb in and out pretty easily and they love it. I'd recommend this thing to anyone. If you can only afford one high cost item this year, I'd consider buying this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but you have to watch out!, June 24, 2011
Sofia Ramirez Gelpi "Sofia" (Santa maria, CA United States) - See all my reviews
It was easy to assemble, and it is made of real wood. This thing can support up to 500 lbs. HOWEVER, if you look at the picture, there are 4 opening that are huge, 17 inches long by 13 inches wide. For our 20-month old toddler, we had the platform all the way up. She sat down on the platform, expecting a back rest, and instead she fell off back first. Thankfully, we had it on the living room carpet to let her have a try, and NOT on a tiled kitchen. The fall, in the kitchen, would have been disastrous. By the way, we were both standing next to her when she fell backwards, so this is not one of those "we were away" or "not looking" situations. Now, my husband knows carpentry, and rather than return the product we will make custom made-back rest to three of the holes, since only one is needed for her to get up, and this is the whole that will face the kitchen counter. I am sure the product would work better with older kids, since the platform, as it goes down, naturally creates a protection gap. When using with an 18 to 24 month old child, we certainly recommend protection for 3 of these holes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, July 8, 2010
Pros:
-So much fun! We've only had it for two days and my 21 month old is constantly climbing into it. She loves being up high and seeing what's going on. So far we've made muffins, used the counter to eat breakfast off of, and bathed her newborn baby brother on the island together. The first day she spent about 3 hours in it!
-Your kid isn't under foot when you're trying to get stuff done in the kitchen, especially dangerous things like opening the oven door and unloading breakable/sharp items from the dishwasher.
-Because my daughter likes hanging out in it and can see, she's not fussing while I'm trying to work in the kitchen. She used to follow me around with her arms in the air crying "up. up. up." and now she just climbs into the tower. Of course it's great to include your kid in whatever activity you're doing since it is the "learning" tower, but sometimes you just need to get the job done and this allows you to do so. I can accomplish so much now while she's happily playing in it.
-Good, sturdy, material
-The child won't outgrow it for many years
-Looks nice in the kitchen

Cons:
-Expensive
-My daughter can push it around the kitchen and therefore reach surfaces I'd rather her stay away from. We're going to try putting felt or rubber on the bottom and see if that helps.
-Takes a little practice learning how to get in and out of. My daughter has gotten out on her own a few times, but usually yells for help. She does great getting in, but one time when we had the platform lower she did a face plant and busted her lip. She bends forward onto the platform and just throws her whole body onto it. I'm sure she'll have it figured out in a couple days though.
-Other reviews state that the feet stick out and can be a tripping hazard. According to the manufacturer's website those feet are optional. We left them off and it seems plenty sturdy.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love it, but has serious safety issues., August 27, 2011
Ivy (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This product was recommended by a Montessori link, and that is why I gave it a try. For the most part, I love it! I get my son to help me cook, mix, wash dishes, and otherwise mingle in all kitchen-related tasks. He learns to help, feels important by contributing to the meal, and also becomes more adventurous in his tastes. He likes to try everything I am working on - and has tasted everything from raw bell peppers, flour, freshly chopped onions (he was not happy about that). It is a lifesaver for all moms trying hard to put a meal on the table with a little one underfoot.

I must complain about the design, however, because it is a serious one: it has four big openings on each side where the whole child can fit (and fall). My boy is 21 months now, in 90th percentile for height and weight, and has fallen twice (he kneeled to pick up something, lost balance, and fell backwards). I was right there, and was able to break his fall, but had I been a few feet away, he would have plopped his head on the tile floor. The second time, he slipped on a piece of tomato he had dropped on the tower floor. I was perfectly aware of the possibility of falling through these openings when I first got the product, so I always kept a foot behind the tower just in case this would happen.

One way we solved this problem was by buying the easel that fits in one of the big openings Little Partners Art Easel - Natural. Then we push the tower against the kitchen cabinets, which takes care of the other big opening. The smaller side openings are less of a concern, but still you need to supervise closely. The easel is a great purchase, especially since it is magnetic. I believe Costco sells the tower and the easel bundled together.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this product with the caveat that you either need to buy the easel, or somehow rig some sort of a barrier around the tower to prevent falling. Little Partners needs to fix this problem. Perhaps for older children this is not an issue, but I see here that many reviewers have gotten it for smaller toddlers.

UPDATE
Now that my kid is 2.5 years old, the safety issues mentioned above are not a problem. He can climb inside and get out on his own and can even push the tower to the spot he is trying to get (a bit of a problem if unsupervised). However, I am much more convinced that this is not for young toddlers. I am much more satisfied with the tower now. He likes it a lot too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome play structure for little ones iwho want to help in the kitchen, November 16, 2008
Christie (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this item for our son after a friend of ours got one for their little kid. It is awesome! Now, I don't have to worry about putting things into or taking things out of a hot oven because I can place my son in it and do my business in the kitchen without having him underfoot. Also, it allows him to reach the counter, so he can "help" by playing with his kitchen bowls while I do the real thing. He's still too young to help with mixing and such. When the time comes, though, he'll be able to stand at counter level and see how I do things. The added bonus is that the platform on which he stands is adjustable, so it can be dropped as he grows taller. Also, The Learning Tower comes with a shade that can be draped over the top to form a type of puppet theatre. I highly recommend this if you have a very curious little one that likes to be in the kitchen with you. It's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, November 3, 2006
Switch "gyllylyan" (Northern California) - See all my reviews
If you owned one you'd realize why it was so expensive. It's built like a rock. It doesn't teeter and it's designed to hold two children and it does. It's indepensible at our house we use it multiple times a day. It's adjustable too so it grows with your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tower of Power, February 20, 2007
My 20-month old was a terror while I was trying to make dinner every night, pulling at my legs and whining unless I would hold her. It was making meal preparation an exasperating affair. I knew the reason she was getting so upset was because my attention was being drawn elsewhere and she couldn't be a part of it.

I knew she needed something where she could feel like an "adult" being able to participate and help out while she was in the kitchen with me and that that would make her the happiest.

I found this product after doing a search on the internet for some kind of step stool and knew she would probably like something like this. I was a little hesitant at first, but I thought this was something that would bring us together rather than planting her in front of the TV to get things done.

I have to say we received the tower yesterday and immediately she ran over to it and climbed right in. She was ecstatic being able to be at the same level as Mommy and Daddy and being right in the middle of the action while we prep and clean up. Instead of the fits and whining while I made dinner, she just babbled away playing in the sink and talking about what she was doing. We could hardly pull her away from her tower of power.

This was money very well spent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a unique and useful item, but not very safe, November 29, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
As the other reviewers have noted, the Learning Tower is very sturdy, and it is nice to be able to involve my little one in meal prep. The other day, I had her wash potatos while I peeled them, and she watched as I mashed them and even gave them a stir. That was the first time she every ate mashed potatoes.

However, I really think they need to rethink the design of those "optional" legs. We have tripped on them so many times and it hurts. Also if my daughter climbs down using one of the side with the ladder and then turns 45 degrees to walk away, she trips over the legs and falls on her face. She did it a few times. I thought she would get use to it and learn to go around them. After the last trip, I noticed her limping so we decided to take them off. The legs also make it harder and heavier to move around. The good news is that it is just as stable without them, but it makes me feel as though we paid for extra wood.

As useful as this is, it has safety issues including the big holes that children could fall though as others have mentioned. I don't really find this thing to be any better than pulling a chair up to the counter and letting her stand on that. A handy carpenter would probably find this to be a waste of money, and could make something similar and safer. I hope we get more use out of it for puppets, the easel etc as my daughter gets older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, January 25, 2005
This is a well designed piece that has brought peace to our household. I am a chef and my then 16 month-old was miserable not seeing what daddy was up to. We used a chair for him to stand on until he took a nosedive off. This brings him up to counter height and he is a happy camper. This tower was easy to assemble, has a nice balance with form and function and is easily cleaned. I would recommend this to anyone and my 21 month-old climbs in and out with ease and couldn't be happier.

2.0 out of 5 stars very stable & sturdy BUT design flaw with feet, February 25, 2009
Overall this is a great product. It looks nice, and it is very stable and sturdy and with a bit of practice young children can happily help themselves in and out.

Issues:
- First, the pictures you see on some sites that show twin girls standing in it, who are at least 3 or 4 years of age, is not realistic. Two 2yr olds can stand in it, if they cooperate with each other. With bigger kids only one will comfortably fit.

-Second, some pictures show this item with feet that only stick out from the two longer sides. In reality, there is another set of feet that stick out from the shorter sides. This is a good thing for stability but doubles the tripping hazard.

- Lastly, the big problem is the tripping hazard. Some reviewers seem to find it amusing that they trip on it until they're used to it. I could learn to avoid the Tower's feet myself. But my toddlers cannot remember, and my toddlers are constantly catching their feet on the Tower's feet and falling. This is not amusing to me at all. This design flaw could easily be fixed by the manufacturer. Presently the Tower's feet are vertical pieces of wood. The vertical part catches your toes without warning if you walk too close to the tower. However, if the Tower's feet were angled to the ground on all sides, like a hill, your toes would feel the rising incline and would not be caught suddenly with no warning. I tried to reduce the tripping hazard by clipping a blanket around all sides but I cannot find a way to secure the blanket tight enough to do the job. I may try a rubberized mat and a staple-gun to secure it. I'll have to do something with it, or it has to go.

Little partners Learning Tower