Fisher-Price Little People Fun Sounds Farm
Product Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$34.00+$7.01shipping

VINE VOICEon July 28, 2013
Product Packaging: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My 3 year old and almost 2 year old sons love this farm. They played with it non-stop after opening it and more than three weeks later, they continue to go back to it as a favorite toy. The farm comes with a few starter animals (sheep, cow, horse) and a farmer. As other reviewers have commented, the plastic is a bit thin, and, overall, the toy seems cheaply made for the price. We have other Little People products that seem to be of higher quality than this one. However, it's still intact and unbroken after three weeks of a lot of play time (more than I can say for other toys, so it's obviously more durable than it appears).
VINE VOICEon August 13, 2013
I was pleased with this farm set from Fisher Price. The installation was easy, everything fit together pretty snuggly, and there were enough farm animals and sounds to allow for extended play for young ones.

First, putting it together. It only took about 5 minutes to put together; that mainly consisted of pushing the barn down on to the base until each of the supports clicked and locked, and then attaching the back to the barn. The only thing I didn't like about the installation is that it required a Phillips head screwdriver to finish the installation. When you are done pushing and clicking all the parts you still have to install two screws into part of the barn to keep a major piece from falling off. Not sure why they didn't just build the part with a couple of tension grips or something, like they did with the rest of the toy, but that's my only complaint about that. (Also, when you build the barn it no longer fits into the box.)

The toy came pre-installed with batteries and it makes a lot of noises when you put pieces inside the main door or the hay chute --lots of singing. Also, when you open the white gates more noises accompany the action, which I thought was very child friendly. (The sing-song voice -which is the same voice on another Fisher Price Toy, the Cookie Jar, starts to grate on me, but I suppose I'm not the target audience for that.)

Additionally, though the plastic is somewhat thin, the overall product is very durable. It has been kicked over once or twice (by me) in my early morning stumbles, and it is none the worse for wear.

Also, I was happy that the product came with multiple play objects (a person, two horses, a sheep, a bale of hay, and an immovable chicken). I don't like the toys where you buy a set but it only comes with a play figure or two and you have to buy an expansion set to really get play time in. This one comes with all you need.

Finally, I like how you can "make" the fence. This is something simple enough for toddler hands, and something the parent can "do" with the child.

Overall, I thought this was a good set. Recommended.

-----

UPDATE: My son has continued to play with this many months later. He likes all the farm animals, and he loves putting anything and everything in the hay bailer and sending it down the silo. My impression of this toy has not changed. Recommended.
on June 26, 2013
I own another version of this Fisher Price farm toy (without sounds) that has much better quality than this toy. It is very cheaply made - the thickness of the plastic parts reminds me of toys that come in happy meals. Several of the parts are warped and do not fit together correctly. The whole product just feels cheap for $40. I would expect to find a toy like this in a discount or dollar store for something like $5-10. Other than the shoddy build, our kids are happy playing with it. The only pieces that are quality are the figures.
on December 31, 2013
I called fisher price because my daughters farm like many others was stuck on nighttime. I already threw out the packaging of course. After taking all of my information including address and email the customer service agent, very kind woman, solved my issue somewhat.

Open battery compartment as the batteries can slip due to poor design. Maybe it was stuck on Demo?

Press the side walls of the farm in. Press silo and barn down. Everything should click and lay flush.

You may need to unscrew the back ladder.

This instantly allowed my farm to sing the daytime songs finally!

However it is a crapshoot as to what mode the barn will be in at any time. Daughter doesn't get to pick which is frustrating. On the whole, very cute but horribly designed product. Shockingly bad. Way overpriced for quality. Love the animals though!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon June 29, 2013
This toy is designed to provide hours of fun for toddlers ages 1 through 4. It comes complete with all parts (that fit together very easily) and batteries. Since some assembly is required, you will need a Phillips screwdriver, a pair of scissors (to open the plastic bags) and a sturdy knife (to detach the farmer and cow from the heavy plastic casing).

Full instructions are included to direct the construction of this toy. It took me about 20 minutes from opening the box to having everything ready to use.

Although there are plenty of open places where little hands can reach into the barn, there are no sharp edges exposed to hurt the toddler. The silo door that opens and closes has a little hole for the child's finger, making it very easy to use. The top of the barn serves as a handle for carrying the toy. Small parts (farmer, animals, hay bale) can be stored in the silo between play times, to keep everything together neatly. Also, the words are somewhat difficult to understand.

The electronic components provide animal sounds and songs. The farmer's voice has a slightly Southern accent, which some may find slightly annoying, but the pitch of the voice is high so little children can easily sing along. The unit has an On/Off button that controls the electronics. Turning the sound off allows for greater creativity.

We had our one-year-old grandson play with this farm set, and he spent over an hour just exploring the parts and sounds included in it. Even the colorful box in which the set was shipped attracted his attention. The pieces fit nicely in a toddler's hand (and mouth) and are very invitingly colored. As advertised, the parts are not too sharp for handling and chewing upon, so exploration was safe and attention-grabbing.

Our grandson was happiest with the farmer boy. He didn't want to let it go when it needed to be washed. He also enjoys opening and closing the silo door, especially since his finger fits easily into the hole provided for the purpose. He was most unhappy with the chicken in the roof of the barn. He wanted to pull it out and play with it, but it is firmly held in place and can only be rotated around its axis. He was frustrated that he could not pry it loose, and no amount of explaining satisfied him.

In addition to the provided components (farmer, cow, lamb, horse, bale of hay and corral pieces), there are other parts that can be purchased separately to enhance the imaginative play experience.

As adults, our biggest disappointment with this toy is that it is not nearly a solid as Fisher-Price toys were in the 1960s and 1970s. The older, more solid, toys have a great feel in the child's hands, whereas the newer toys are considerably cheaper looking and feeling. However, among currently available toys, these are clearly in the top classification for attractiveness and durability.
on December 27, 2013
I bought this for my young daughters on a lightning deal and didn't look back. I had been wanting to get a farm for them and this seemed to fit the bill. The video that Fischer Price shows makes the toy seem like a blast and I was excited to play with it wih my kids. It serves it's purpose of being a farm, but that is all the credit that I can really give it... The noises are annoying and not exceptionally relevant for the most part and also include some pig noises... But there is NO pig... Also, it is a fairly limited toy. There is really not much to do except imaginative play. Don't get me wrong, imaginative play is great, but not really my husband's forte so he can only play with the kids with it for a couple minutes before getting bored. In all honesty, I don't know how my kids spend much time with it at all. It also annoys me that the chicken doesn't come off and that the only thing that really fits in the arm that goes up/drops things down is the hay. The horse and cow don't really fit in any of the drop down parts... If you are just looking for a basic farm, this will do, but don't expect any bells and whistles... For what I paid though, I am fairly content.
review image
on March 16, 2014
This is my second time purchasing this sound farm in the hopes that it would work properly. I like the little people bus that I previously purchased. Unfortunately this product's electronics were poorly made. For the second time, only the sounds/songs for the night (has both daytime and nighttime sounds/songs) work while the daytime sounds don't work. Given this is the second time the same problem has happened, and I spent some time trying to get the mechanism to work correctly with the first farm, I do not recommend this product unless you are not interested in the sounds.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 19, 2013
My almost 2 year old son just got this as a gift from his grandparents. He loves it! It comes with a cow, sheep, horse, hay bale and a farmer that you can move around and play with. There is a rooster, but it doesn't move from the top of the barn (you can spin it in circles).

I don't mind the plastic (I read in the reviews that it feels like "cheap" plastic.) It is not as thick as the original farm, but I feel like it works just as well. Also, when you open the doors, it makes animal noises and sometimes sings songs. There is a hay bale launch and a little spot to drop animals down onto a button that makes noise as well. It comes with four plastic fence pieces, so you can make a corral for the animals.

My son loves to play with this farm. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars because my son doesn't really like to play with the farm by himself. He's not quite sure what to do with it or perhaps gets a little bit bored of it by himself, but when someone is playing with him, he has a ball!

If you buy this expecting it to be like the original Fisher Price farm, you are in for a disappointment since it does have it's differences. If you purchase this knowing that, then you probanly won't have any problems!

I think it is a good purchase, and I think my son would say so too!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
My 2 year old (who is developmentally / mentally nearly 4) loves this toy. She got it for Christmas 2013 and really enjoys it. She played with this for a couple of days, and then little by little she started playing with her other toys too, but she spends a good 30 minutes playing with this toy each day. She's added her own animals to it now. She had some Garanimals figures which were supposed to be bath toys (we never used them in the tub) and she started putting those with her farm. Its comical for us to see a giraffe, bear, rhino, and hippo sharing a stall in the barn with the horse, cow, and lamb lol. She also got the duck pond and pig pen set with the farm so that added to the fun.

I think the earliest she could gotten this and have gotten the full experience from it would be 5-6 months old. She doesn't care that much about the hen that clicks or the chute in the hayloft. She is 2 so she is more into pretend play. She loves making her little farmer talk to his animals. The music and noises are cute and aren't too annoying. I don't think she will play with this past age 3 but for now she does enjoy it.
review image review image review image review image
on September 21, 2014
My nephew loves this toy! Yay!

Used Prime and this toy arrived quickly. However, when we opened the Amazon box, we expected to find a Fisher Price toy box that contained the toy. Nope. Just the toy pieces in plastic bags. I must have unknowingly selected the "frustration free packaging". Never heard of it until I went online to check. This option is supposed to be "greener" because you're not wasting the toy box and I guess it's easier pass the box and go straight to the toy. Since this was a gift for my nephew, I figured it would be fine. Except it was missing the plastic screws that hold the barn pieces together. Boo!