5.0 out of 5 stars LBP2 Special Edition
I have never written a review on Amazon before. So here it goes:

I bought LBP2 (LittleBigPlanet 2) when it first came out, on January 18, 2011. It was a huge improvement from LittleBigPlanet! It was simply spectacular, and there is no game that I have ever loved this much before (Except maybe LBP1).

Here are the different elements I want to talk...
Published on December 3, 2011 by Kyle B.

3.0 out of 5 stars The kids like it ..
But it seems like every 3 minutes they are asking me for help .. It does state 10+ but it is even a lil difficult for me ..
Published 16 months ago by Michelle Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars LBP2 Special Edition, December 3, 2011
I have never written a review on Amazon before. So here it goes:

Here are the different elements I want to talk about:

Gameplay: Gameplay is absolutely fantastic, it is fun, and original. If you enjoyed lbp1, you will LOVE lbp2. It is mainly platforming, there are a few added bonuses such as a sidescroller level in the Avalonia section.In addition to the main story levels, there are a lot of Mini-Games that are definitly worth checking out. There are some wonderful bosses that are quite fun to beat.

Challenge: Some levels are challenging, but there are a few that are super difficult to Ace(Complete without dying).

Story: The story is not super original, but it is fun none the less. You are out to destroy a giant vaccume that is destroying all things good and replacing them with evil, and dark creatures/objects. The characters in the story are fun, but in my opinion, are not as original as LBP1's character curators.

Create:In LBP1, there were many restrictions to building an amazing level. BUT in LBP2 almost all of those restrictions have disolved. The same create mode as lbp1, but with revamped tools. You still have all the tools you did in lbp1 but you gain some new amazing ones. In the special edition you get all of the move pack tools including the Paint Tool (MOVE REQUIRED), The Movinator, the motion recorder (MOVE REQUIRED)
Now here are the tools that came with the base game: The Controllinator (Also called DCS), Sackbots,Anti Gravity switch, advanced mover, Microchips (to store all of your logic) and much, much more.

Overall, this game is a lot of fun, and I recently got the special edition, and that comes with:

*PlayStation Move support: Now you can choose to play LittleBigPlanet 2 with all new Move controls and enjoy the over 6,000 Move games created by fans like you FOR FREE! Endless Fun!

*LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling
- A brand new story featuring 14 levels
- Create your own PlayStation Move games
- Hundreds of new assets to create with
- A new Powerup for Sackboy - The Brain Crane

*Cats Costume Pack
- Siamese, Persian, Marmalade, Sphynx costumes

*Dogs Costume Pack
- Bulldog, Dalmatian, Poodle, St. Bernard costumes

So, if you want over $35 of bonus content ON THE DISC then the Little Big Planet 2:Special Edition is here for you!

I appreciate feedback, and/or questions. :D

EDIT: JANUARY 22, 2012:
Okay so first things first is that I should clear a few things up.
-Create is EXACTLY the same as in LBP1, but you have new tools, and less restrictions.
-ALL controls are the same. You control Sackboy the same way, except when he is in a vehicle (Controlinator.
-I recently went back to LBP1, and you CAN see a difference in the looks. LBP2 looks a lot better than LBP1.
-Create mode tutorials are a lot better. In lbp2 you will actually learn how to use a certain tool, unlike LBP1 where you get a bad tutorial. LBP2 tutorials explain themselves very well, which imo makes create easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a game that your kids will play over and over, December 20, 2011
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
You know how you buy games for your kids and after maybe a few weeks they either beat the game or get bored with it? Well, that will not happen with this game. This is a fun never-ending game. Players get to build levels on their own and play online with their friends as well. New levels are built daily. It's muliplayer, so sometimes I join in to play with my children. Up to four people can play. It is fun for all ages. I heard the theme to "Beverly Hills Cop" in one of the community made levels, which let me know that I am not the only "oldie" around...lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Big Planet 2, January 1, 2012
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
I bought this for my 11 year old daughter for Christmas. Great game and very age appropriate. Little Big Planet 2 is a great continuation of the first edition. Like part 1, it's a multi player game and appeals to all ages (including myself who has played with my daughter). The 2nd edition can be used with the Play Station Move, however the Move is not necessary as you can play using regular controllers as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Cocaine, April 21, 2013
Meggerz (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
I played the first LBP when it first came out, played it into the ground. It is not lacking in any area, which is kind of scary if you think about. So of course, as a loyal fan, I bought the second one.

Do you know how it truly feels to have disappointment?? I don't. In fact, I had to spellcheck it, since it's not even in my vocabulary when this game comes to mind.

1) Graphics are phenomenal. Border-line witchcraft. The realistic objects in the game make your home's furniture look like they have crappy graphics.
2) Music is adorable. First handful of levels, there's TECHNO BEETHOVEN. I mean, it's like the little angels of PS3 made sweet love to the angels of creativity and their babies blew chocolate kisses into your ears.
3) Gameplay is a blasty blast. *sigh* I guess the levels are short and there are only so many. In a perfect world, the storyline has 500 sections and 50 levels per section. But do the LBP crew deserve to have their fingers worn down to bloody stumps because you love this game so much? Or maybe it's their fault. Who knows. Back to the point, the levels are short and sweet, you can beat the game in hours if you rush. But the arteries of this game supply blood to the main component... online gameplay. Just like the first one, user-made levels are infinite, ranging from nauseating garbage "How did I even get here and did they make this level with their own intestines and a paperclip" to "holy s*** I swear the original creators are under psuedonyms and made this" levels. Oh, and you can make your own crappy level.
4) For the used price, it is a steal. Like literally criminal activity. I paid $8. EIGHT DOLLARS FOR A SLICE OF GAMING HEAVEN. Did I do anything to deserve it? No, and I should be ashamed. But I just love it so damn much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, February 14, 2012
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
I have been gaming my whole life and this is one of the best games I have ever played!

My wife enjoys it as well and she is not a gamer.

I might come back and expand on this review, but there is nothing bad to say about this game! Seriously, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids can't stop playing this game, October 1, 2012
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
The kids really love this title. They have played a lot of it at a friends house. Even so, when we bought if for the home, they play the heck out of it! My son is 7, and my daughter is 12. They play it together, and independently. Can't beat that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns the "fun" knob to 10 and then breaks it off, April 25, 2012
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
If you liked Little Big Planet, stop reading this review and purchase LBP2! This game took all you loved in the first game and improved upon it. The platforming is great, the graphics are excellent, the music is wonderful, and the level/game creation tools and tutorials have been vastly improved. This game is truly fun for the whole family, as it is minimally violent, contains no gore or cursing, and the level creator is a great way to nourish your creative side. Little Big Planet 2 is more than a platformer, it's an experience that you should play first-hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars sack boy is surprisingly enjoyful, August 4, 2014
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
Thoughly enjoyable. A bit treadmill in design, but the creative content and multiplayer gameplay gives players a lot to do and doesn't make them hate each other like Monopoly will.

The worst aspect of the game is that I cannot port my saved data in any way that I know of, perhaps via USB, but research is needed. I bought this knowing I would be using a housemates ps3, but I forgot how much new game systems with internal hard drives have evolved greatly from memory card predecessors.

When you get this game, especially if it is a gift, one should install it first so it is ready to play, or you will be waiting an hour or so.

If you want to see some gameplay, head over to YouTube and type the game in the search bar. NerdCubed does some great multiplayer challenges building custom levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got my wife into gaming!, April 8, 2014
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
It's not easy to get most women into gaming. My wife used to play SNES back in the day and figured all the newer gen consoles would be too crazy for her now a days. This game was perfect to re-introduce her to the gaming world and get her feet wet. Now she is playing The Walking Dead and I can barely get a minute with the PS3, haha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it., February 1, 2014
This review is from: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (Video Game)
Good price on a quality game. Only problem I had was the case was cracked at the bottom, so it was hard to explain since it was from "Santa". Game was still in great shape though.

PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition
PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$59.99 $20.77