5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Prairie House (my first little house books)
I bought this book for my 1st grade daughter, hoping she would love the Laura Ingalls Wilder tradition as I had as a child. She did and I was excited because she could read this book herself and she was empowered! I only wish that you could buy the other 13 titles of the "first books" in a collection or gift set like you can the original series.
Published on December 5, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - This is NOT "Little House on the Prairie"
I didn't read the title carefully enough. It is certainly misleading. This is a simple summary with pictures and seems somewhat pointless. I thought I was getting "Little House on the Prairie" for my 8 year old granddaughter. I cannot imagine that this version would be of interest to her or to her 5 year old sister. I plan to just donate it to the Friends of the...
Published on December 8, 2009 by A reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Prairie House (my first little house books), December 5, 2000
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exceptional Series!, January 3, 2000
By A Customer
I ordered the whole series for my soon to be 4 year old for Christmas. She is absolutely delighted with the stories. The illustrations are beautiful. A must have for younger children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adaptive book versions for "Little House"., January 13, 2003
Hohjo "Vet Nurse" (Pleasanton, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
The Series "My First Little House Books" is a great tool for Special Education adaptations of the Core Literature "Little House in the Big Woods". I've used this series in general education classrooms, too, to supplement the Core Lit text. The children's positive responses to the beautiful illustrations made my day! The beautifully portrayed color illustrations capture essential details from the book chapters and make the stories come alive for all of the students. Two thumbs up for this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every little girl has to have..., February 13, 2007
Jamie V (Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
We have a few of the books in this series and I recommend them for all little girls of all ages. I have been reading the regular little house books to both of my girls, which have captured their interest even though there aren't pictures and they are 5 and 2 years old. But then I came across these and this gives them a chance to reread the stories and with beautiful illustrations over and over again. (My 2 year old gets more out of these than the regular series of course) But as my 5 year old is learning to read now, she will soon be able to sit down and read these herself. These books are such a nice change from so many other books out there today for little girls. (I'd rather my girls be into this stuff than skanky Bratz and things like that!) They like to read and look at these over and over again. And again I must say, the illustrations are beautiful and my girls are fascinated by them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Treasure!, February 19, 2007
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
A Little Prairie House, an adaptation from the Little House on the Prarie classic series, will delight children and peak their interest in Pioneering life. The illustrations capture the attention and imagination of young children, whetting their appetite for more.

In this retelling of a treasured classic, children catch a glimpse of what it took to be a pioneer family in America. See how the family works together to set up their new home and how community relationships were first formed in the pioneering communities as they meet Mr. Edwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good introduction, July 27, 2007
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
These books are great to introduce little ones to the Little House books My duaghter loved these stories and has since moved on to the chapter books to hear more details about Laura Ingalls Wilder's life on the prairie. They are a shorter version but true to the story and the illustrations are a bonus. They also counted as accelerated readers at my duaghters school. So it's a win win in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introductory book for Little House on the Prairie Series, July 31, 2010
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my granddaughters, who are 5 and 3. They enjoyed the book and they both said they wished they could live in a little log house!!!! They definitely are intrigued and I look forward to buying more of this series to enjoy with them. Perhaps when they are older they will want to read the Little House on the Prairie series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this one in particular, August 30, 2010
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
My kids (I've got all boys) like Little House a lot.

We re-read the Little House series (the big books) often, and as we go along, I rely on these short picture books to give even more information than what the original Garth Williams illustrations could show.

I love this book in particular -- this one shows them picking the site for their cabin as described in Little House on the Prarie, then it shows Pa, Ma, and Mr. Edwards constructing the house. My favorite illustration is the one of Laura inside the house with the sunshine stripes all around.

We also rely on "Pioneer Girl: the Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder" by William T. Anderson and "A Pioneer Sampler" by Barbara Greenwood -- the pictures do the storytelling.

4.0 out of 5 stars These "first" books are absolutely wonderful! The illustrations are very nice and so eye ..., September 17, 2014
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
These "first" books are absolutely wonderful! The illustrations are very nice and so eye catching for non readers. I LOVED them, am so glad I found them now I won't have to wait until my 2 year old granddaughter is older to share with her the wonderfully sweet stories of Laura and History back in pioneer days! LOVED THIS BOOK...

This book tells how they traveled in the middle of the Prairie where there wasn't nothing to see for a long time. Pa goes and gets logs and he and Ma start building their house. one day Pa finds a neighbor and he is Mr Edwards. Mr Edwards and Pa finish their house and make new friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to the Little House series for younger readers!, March 18, 2011
This review is from: A Little Prairie House (Little House) (Paperback)
I read this book to my daughter when she was 4, and she liked it so much we borrowed all of them from the Library, and bought a few of them, too. I love the little house series, and these books are a great way to introduce younger readers (around ages 4-8) to Laura and her family. The pictures are interesting, and the stories are very age appropriate and fun! I plan on getting all of these to add to our library.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Little Prairie House (Little House)
A Little Prairie House (Little House) by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Paperback - March 21, 1999)
$6.99