4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for babies
Published on July 19, 2010 by BostonMama

3.0 out of 5 stars boring story, but kids love puppets
The story is really unimaginative. Sure, it's supposed to be for babies, but I come up with a way more interesting storyline for my daughter than what is in this book, all while still using very simple words and 4-word sentences. But my nearly-two-year-old daughter loves the puppet (got this book when she was 14 months and loved it then, too).
Published 12 months ago by BeepBopBoop

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for babies, July 19, 2010
This review is from: Little Puppy: Finger Puppet Book (Little Finger Puppet Board Books) (Board book)
My daughter loves these little finger puppet books. She received her first (the bunny version) for Easter at 10 months old, when she basically picked it out herself in a bookstore; she spotted it, and when Mommy picked it up and brought the bunny to life, she couldn't stop giggling. She loved the little bunny and how it moves, and kept trying to kiss (more like bite) him. Given her (and most other babies') obessions with doggies, my husband later purchased her the puppy version and now, at almost 14 months, both books are still a hit, and she still tries to kiss them everytime we read the book. As a children's book collector, and true fan of children's literature, I have to say that the text could be waaay better. The company that makes these could have done better if they had consulted an actual accomplished children's writer to help write the text. It is semi-rhyming, but not consistently, and the language can be a tad awkward. But, given how much my daughter loves these books, I can't really be too tough on the language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babies love finger puppet books!, March 7, 2010
I bought this and one other finger puppet book for my niece's first Christmas. This is one of her favorite books! The finger puppet keeps her entertained while reading and gives her something to chew on! It's a great book for small infants that are being introduced to story time.

3.0 out of 5 stars boring story, but kids love puppets, December 4, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book, November 23, 2013
The little puppy head is actually very cute. My son loves the puppy. The story is a little better than most of the finger puppet book. It's an easy, small book to carry around when you go out to eat, etc.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice puppet book series, November 19, 2013
Nice book. My daughter really likes these ones with the puppets.

The story is cute and so is the puppet dog. Although, his neck is a little strangely long... of course that doesn't matter to an 8 mo old.

Holds up decently to her desire to chew on the book, but like all board books, eventually warps if we let her.

But overall great - would recommend the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Puppy, July 12, 2013
Gave it as a gift to a 2-year-old. She and her parents love it.
Brevity is good in reviews and many other places. Amazon shouldn't require wordiness

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Book, May 28, 2013
My toddler loves these finger puppet books. We also own Little Fish. This book is small, so I keep this in the diaper bag to pull out in the doctor's office waiting room or while waiting for dinner at a restaurant. It always elicits a giggle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interactive little book, May 17, 2013
This is our second finger puppet book and it's as good as our first- (the little bee.)
it's interactive and holds my daughter's attention as we wiggle his little head (finger puppet) and bark like a dog.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but hard for little ones, July 11, 2014
We love Little Duck, which is why I purchased this cute looking Little Puppy book. My son thinks the puppy is fun when I do the puppet, just like the duck, however I find the ears get stuck in the hole, making it difficult for him to manipulate. If I purchase another Finget puppet book, I will choose one without large ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finger puppets a real treat!!, June 24, 2010
I thought the fingerpuppet books would be interesting to curl up with in front of the fireplace and spend the evening. To my dissmay, I finished both books together in less than 2 minutes. I thought the plot was a little thin in both volumes so I gave them both to my 16 month old granddaughter. She has almost completely devoured ( eaten) one and now carries the other with her where ever she goes. At least one of us got our jollies!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Little Puppy: Finger Puppet Book (Little Finger Puppet Board Books)
Little Puppy: Finger Puppet Book (Little Finger Puppet Board Books) by ImageBooks Staff (Board book - August 23, 2007)
$6.99