Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Format: Board book|Change

on July 19, 2010
My daughter loves these little finger puppet books. She received her first (the bunny version) for Easter at 10 months old, when she basically picked it out herself in a bookstore; she spotted it, and when Mommy picked it up and brought the bunny to life, she couldn't stop giggling. She loved the little bunny and how it moves, and kept trying to kiss (more like bite) him. Given her (and most other babies') obessions with doggies, my husband later purchased her the puppy version and now, at almost 14 months, both books are still a hit, and she still tries to kiss them everytime we read the book. As a children's book collector, and true fan of children's literature, I have to say that the text could be waaay better. The company that makes these could have done better if they had consulted an actual accomplished children's writer to help write the text. It is semi-rhyming, but not consistently, and the language can be a tad awkward. But, given how much my daughter loves these books, I can't really be too tough on the language.
on December 4, 2013
The story is really unimaginative. Sure, it's supposed to be for babies, but I come up with a way more interesting storyline for my daughter than what is in this book, all while still using very simple words and 4-word sentences. But my nearly-two-year-old daughter loves the puppet (got this book when she was 14 months and loved it then, too).
on July 11, 2014
We love Little Duck, which is why I purchased this cute looking Little Puppy book. My son thinks the puppy is fun when I do the puppet, just like the duck, however I find the ears get stuck in the hole, making it difficult for him to manipulate. If I purchase another Finget puppet book, I will choose one without large ears.
on November 23, 2013
The little puppy head is actually very cute. My son loves the puppy. The story is a little better than most of the finger puppet book. It's an easy, small book to carry around when you go out to eat, etc.....
on November 19, 2013
Nice book. My daughter really likes these ones with the puppets.

The story is cute and so is the puppet dog. Although, his neck is a little strangely long... of course that doesn't matter to an 8 mo old.

Holds up decently to her desire to chew on the book, but like all board books, eventually warps if we let her.

But overall great - would recommend the series.
on March 29, 2016
A cute idea, but very poor execution. The illustrations don't support the text. So for example, a page says "throw the ball and he'll play fetch" but there's no ball in sight. You would think that the page that says "he'll chase the squirrels he can't catch" would have a picture of a squirrel. But it doesn't. etc. etc.
on August 2, 2015
This book is very small and compact. It is great to pack in a diaper bag or small purse. It is hard cover and durable with a little furry finger puppet in the center. Insert your finger in the back opening and read the book wiggling the little puppy or poking it through the hole. The pictures are so cute. Unlike some other puppet books this puppet can't be removed so there is no worry about losing it. This is absolutely adorable.
on February 9, 2016
My baby love love loves the little puppy. The puppy does fun things which you can animate with the puppet. The book is sturdy enough to withstand a persistent toddler who tries to get the puppy out so he can play with it.
on March 4, 2013
Cute book but the pages came unglued from the binding and cardboard on the first reading. I glued them back together but the book doesnt open or close properly. My 9 months old seems to just like playing with the puppy - good thing because the colors and story is pretty drab.
on December 22, 2014
Cutest books ever!! Love, love, love them! They're for very young children...an older child may not like it as much as a young child. My grandson is 19 months and he is fascinated by these little finger puppet books.