Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 18, 2013
As a second grade teacher, I was hesitant to present this to my kids, due to the somewhat graphic tale of cutting open the wolf (and...GASP...the villain dies at the end!) But the absolutely gorgeous artwork, script, and true adherence to the original tale won me over. I find myself gazing at the pictures long after reading this story aloud to any child who will listen. And yes, the wolf dies at the end of the tale, but isn't that how the story used to go? Not the edited, cleaned up version where all parties scamper off with little harm done. And isn't that the way it should be? If you eat g-ma, you deserve your end, I say. Even if I didn't have children or students, I'd still buy the book. It is beautiful!!
on April 6, 2012
Little Red Riding Hood by The Brothers Grimm and Illustrated by Daniel Egneus is an artistic delight to the story you knew growing up. Fans of the classic tale and those who love art will treasure this special edition of the fairy tale.

Little Red Riding Hood is a story that most of us grew up with in childhood, and have seen new takes on it lately in the movie "Red Riding Hood" and on the hit ABC TV show "Once Upon A Time." Although I do enjoy new versions of it, there is much to be said about the Brothers Grimm version, too.

This special edition of the tale is visually beautiful and tells the tale like I remember it originally being. The artwork included throughout the book is gorgeous, and for everyone that loves this tale, it is sure to be a treasured book. I also think that it would make an amazing gift to someone who also likes the tale, and even for those younger children who may not have heard the tale before. Kids that own this book will definitely have one of the cooler fairy tale books on their bookshelf. I highly recommend it.

* Thank you to the publisher of Little Red Riding Hood, Harper Design, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2011
We all know the story of Little Red Riding Hood, and this is the traditional story of her and the wolf. The reason to own this book is for the fantastic artwork. I keep picking it up and flipping through the pages. I love to collect sort of "creepy" books to read to my grandchildren (strange, but true), and this is a keeper!!!!
on December 15, 2012
I bought this book for my 5 year old granddaughter for Christmas. The story is the classic version, and the illustrations are beautiful. You cannot go wrong with this version of the story of the girl who travels through the forest to see her ailing grandmother and encounters the wolf ! This high quality hard-cover book with thick paper (not glossy) pages should last a long time.
on October 27, 2015
Loooooooove this book! Original classic! I love how detailed the story is, not sugar coated at all! My 4 year old made a a scrunchy face when the wolf belly was cut, but it wasn't scary and the ART... WOW! I wish I had this book as a kid... I think it's a great intro to reading more and liking it!
on June 26, 2015
Honestly I hate to give this book only 3 stars. The illustrations are so stunning but the printing quality of some pages seem off to me. Just wish the book was printed in a bigger size so we could appreciate the artwork more. Five stars for the beautiful illustrations though.
on November 14, 2014
Came as expected, romantic artwork I looked at it knowing what I was getting was as described. It is hard cover however the cover is red the artwork on the front is the on the cover slit. But still it's what I wanted and It's good enough for my little one if you look the only picture that has blood is the dead wolf which is no different then seeing a dead deer on a car. But that's me and its written in my opinion for her to understand it at the age if four or older thank you!
on July 7, 2013
Daniel Egneus has taken one of the old fairy tales and turned it into exquisite book
with amazing illustrations and beautiful text.
His play on light and dark, both in colour and the concept of evil is superb.
A definite book of the young at heart.
on September 5, 2012
This book doesn't depart from the story of Little Red Riding Hood, but the book design and illustrations are like no other version I've seen -- extravagant, elegant, sumptuous, and meticulously crafted. A visual delight, but perhaps fully appreciated by adults more than children.
on October 4, 2012
Daniel Egneus is a genius who captures the cutting edge grown-up qualities of the Grimm tale. To call the images beautiful does not go far enough. There is a sensuous, perilous quality that accentuates the themes of the story. This is the Fairy Tale at its best.