5.0 out of 5 stars Great Concise Writer's Reference
Published on November 5, 2011 by M.C. Hewins

3.0 out of 5 stars Required for my Western Civ Class ...
Published 18 months ago by A Broke Shopaholic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Concise Writer's Reference, November 5, 2011
M.C. Hewins (Spokane, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
This was required for a writing class I took this quarter, but has proved useful in several other classes as well. The handbook is very well organized with no fluff or nonsense. Most college writing focuses on MLA style, which this book covers in excellent detail, but occasionally you will be asked to write in a different and unfamiliar style and at that time, this book will come to the rescue. I was able to write a history paper in Chicago style with the help of the Little Seagull.

Additionally the book has an online website for reference and further details, with complete sample papers in all the styles, that you can explore in depth. I used the website resource on multiple occasions this last quarter and my papers benefited from the attention to detail on style.

Finally, the greatest benefit of the Little Seagull Handbook is that it is in fact, little. It is small, compact and light as a feather, which is a godsend to all of us students who are already carrying around too much weight in our backpacks. Its light enough that I don't mind bringing it around 'just in case' I need it, although I would prefer a kindle edition to reduce the weight even more. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable and inexpensive, June 11, 2012
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
This book was required for my freshman comp class and I purchased it along with the access code that made it usable on my Droid. I still have the book but am finding the digital version more convenient. Like the other reviewer, I'm finding it useful for my other classes too. No reason to sell it back since it cost so little (around $25?)in the first place.

4.0 out of 5 stars My go to book for my college writing class., September 22, 2011
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
This handbook is very thorough and concise. You won't have a hard time finding what you need in this book. The only problem I have with this book is how flimsy the pages are. It's so easy to ripe out the pages. Just a slight turn of the page is enough to rip it out if you're not careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Embarrassed by How Much I Like This, February 18, 2013
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
I have a couple of other style guides, but found that the Little Seagull Handbook has a very simplistic and eye-pleasing layout and tone. If you are already quite accomplished in your undersanding of APA, MLA, etc this may not be for you. As someone with more to learn in this area, I like the design, use of color and simple explanations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Required for my Western Civ Class ..., January 7, 2013
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
Let me put it plainly, I used this book because it told us how to do Chicago style the way my Professor wanted it. On my own I would not use a printed style guide. The MLA, APA, Chicago and all other styles of writing are constantly changing and updating so anything printed today will be out of style tomorrow but for a printed guide its okay, layed out and color coordinated so you can find what you need. The only problem I have with it is that the ring that holds the book together can get twisted up or around and that got annoying as well as causing me to tear a page.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant right, September 11, 2013
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
I am a graduate student working on Master's degree, and I never learned grammar. I know you may think how am I in grad school, well thanks to Microsoft word. Great tool shows you APA, MLA Chicao. I know you can find on internet for free several references. Having the book is better, plus provides links to a great website. I am a cheap skate and would always rather use online, but great tool. Years of use, I bet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Essays, February 22, 2013
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
This book is a must for any College or High school student who requires a specific format for their class. All the color coded sections are simple to understand and the examples are accurate and detailed. Great book to keep for future use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, January 19, 2013
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
As a college freshman, this book has been incredibly useful! It clearly divides up the different citation styles and how to use them in a way that makes the book very accessible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, December 10, 2012
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
This book was very useful and handy when taking my English writing class. It is full of information to help write it 3 different types of formats, which includes MLA. Very happy and glad I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handbook, September 29, 2012
Mary's Mom (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Seagull Handbook (Spiral-bound)
Great resource for anyone tasked with writing papers, either in school or in business. Covers concisely but thoroughly the mechanics of putting together a good paper.

The Little Seagull Handbook
The Little Seagull Handbook by Richard Bullock (Spiral-bound - January 13, 2011)
$23.16