Astro Boy (2004) 2 Seasons 2004
Amazon Instant Video
1. Power Up! Dr. O'Shay uses all of the city's power to activate Astro, but his plan backfires when the robotic power-controller Magnamite turns into a menace. Astro must use his powers to save the city.
2. Rocket Ball Astro joins a robot-dog to watch a leisurely game of Rocket Ball. When the robot players become destructive, Astro must save the human spectators and control the dangerous robot athletes.
3. Destination Deimos On the moon of Deimos, robot miners ignore orders from a human foreman and begin digging on their own. Astro must step in before Intergalactic Security exterminates the disobedient robots.
4. Into Thin Air The evil Skunk tricks Denkou, an "invisible robot," into committing robberies. Astro sees that Denkou isn't bad, she just doesn't know the difference between right and wrong -- and he can teach her.
5. Rainbow Canyon A weather experiment turns a desert into fertile farmland, and proves that humans and robots can work well together. But a rash of earthquakes and storms will ruin the project unless Astro can help.
6. Atlas Dr. Tenma builds a powerful and rebellious robot named Atlas, whose abilities rival Astro's. When Atlas begins to destroy Metro City, Astro tries to stop him, and learns secrets from his own past.
7. Astro vs. Atlas When Astro's memory circuits are reactivated, he remembers being created, rejected, and abandoned by Dr. Tenma. Astro must now face difficult questions about his own identity and his ultimate destiny.
8. Neon Express The robotic super train, Neon Express, speeds out of control after Kato hides a hyper-accelerator virus onboard. Astro must rescue the passengers and prevent the train from crashing into the city.
9. Franken A mysterious robot scares humans as he hunts for scrap robot parts, and rebuilds his own faulty system. Astro must uncover the truth about this supposedly "evil robot" before the police destroy him.
10. The Venus Robots Dr. Tenma gains control of robots with special freezing powers that he plans to use for his own destructive plans. Astro must convince the Robots that Dr. Tenma is an evil leader.
11. Robot Circus A robot circus star named Reno is revealed to be a human boy in disguise. Astro must save the circus, and prevent the authorities from taking the boy from his robot family.
12. Reviving Jumbo Skunk reactivates Jumbo, a giant robot and uses him to stage a daring prison break. Astro must stop Jumbo and turn him back into the gentle giant that he really is.
13. Little Sister, Big Trouble Doctor O'Shay creates a robot-sister, Zoran, for Astro. While Zoran is off exploring she is captured by the giant robot bird Katari, and only her powerful big brother can save her!
14. Micro Adventure A micro-robot attacks Zoran's operating system from the inside. Astro must shrink down to microscopic size and go inside of Zoran's system to fight the micro-robot and save his sister.
15. Only A Machine Astro must stop Erasabot from sucking out the artificial intelligence from all the robots in Metro City.
16. Robot Hunters An android robot hunter is attacking innocent robots and dismantling them for sale on the black market. Astro befriends the hunter and tries to help him overcome the programming he was given by Skunk.
17. The Rise of Pluto Pluto vows to become the supreme robot champion of the world. As he defeats his rivals, he gains their special powers and becomes even stronger. Astro is the only one left who can stop Pluto.
18. The Fall of Acheron Astro and Zoran convince Pluto to stop his destructive ways, but Pluto's inventor, Shadow, creates a more dangerous version of Pluto called Acheron. Astro will need Pluto's help to stop him.
19. Robot Boy Astro's human friend Matthew loves robots so much that he pretends he is one. But when he tries to use "robot" powers to save his mom from a space shuttle accident, it's up to Astro to save them both.
20. Dawn of the Techno-Revolution With his authority challenged by Shadow, Dr. Tenma sets out to prove that Astro is loyal to the robot cause and will join them in leading the robot revolution.
21. Dragon Lake Astro must find the poison around Dragon Lake. When he gets there he meets the eccentric explorer Gulliver, and they face-off against the toxic Repo Girls in a fight to save Dragon Lake.
22. The Legend of Tohron Astro must protect Princess Abby against a plot to take over her ancient land of Mayura.
23. Lost In Outland While saving the planet from a falling satellite, Astro is damaged and loses his memory. Boon, a scientist with a mysterious past, tries to help Astro recover before another satellite hits Earth.
24. The March of the Micro Bears When Shadow unleashes an army of mind-controlling teddy bears on Metro City, it's up to Astro to stop them before they take over the entire population.
25. Deep City An underground city threatens the environment, so the environment fights back--tree roots attack the city and its people. Astro must restore the delicate balance of nature to save the humans.
|Genres||Science Fiction, Adventure, Action, Kids & Family|
|Starring||Richard Ganoung, Bob Gonzalez|
|Supporting actors||Debby Holmes, Hisashi Katsuda, Del Lewis, David G. Miller, Paul M. Nelson, Gregory North, Rebecca Ortese, Brian Parry, Nicholas Podbrey, Jay Rath, Kahlei A. Slick, Patricia Kugler Whitley, Steven Bednarski|
|Network||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
If Betty Boop and Popeye had a Robot son it would be Astroboy!
Even now, at the age of 62 I find these cartoons to be very amusing and I think I was a little too young to appreciate them fully when I first saw them.
Although the DVD contains a warning with respect to sound quality, I found that only one episode had problems in that regard.