Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on December 1, 2010
I was really excited to buy this toy for my son's birthday. I was disappointed at how much assembly it required though. I believe there were about 28 steps, lots of pieces and it was somewhat difficult to assemble. I'm embarrassed to say it took well over 2 hours. I think I follow directions well (I actually read them) and am fairly handy with a screwdriver. I didn't anticipate it being such a project. Initially everything did not fit together properly, but thankfully after much tinkering I was able to figure it out. The plastic sliding doors fit on very loosely to the point that if you push on them with light pressure they fall out of the grooves. According to Little Tikes that is how they were designed in the event that a child crawls into the unit they could get out. I'm thinking that would be a very small child that would fit in between the shelves. Now that it is all put together I must say I'm glad I purchased it. It's a very cute toy. I'm a little annoyed by the doors on the front, and would say if you aren't one for assembly do not make this purchase.
on December 30, 2010
If you have a power screwdriver, use it. Assembly requires some contortion and in my case un-assembly of some of the pre-constructed parts that did not align right. This made me pretty angry at the time. I'm not joe-handy but I've put together many of toy. I'd rather put together another of my 6 year old's wooden 40-piece doll houses than this thing again. Now that it is built though, you could probably roll this down a hill and it would stay together.
on May 14, 2012
We bought this years ago for our then 1 year old son. We have since had a daughter and now she is 18 months old, and our son is 3 and a half. They play with this store almost every day. We play restaurant, where they run into a little tikes house we have on our back deck, cook the food, and serve it off of that store, collecting our money at the cash register (lol I always use my debit card with them). The beautiful part is I can pick my pretend fruits and vegetables right there, and they pretend cook them made to order! My daughter now can identify broccoli and pears and many other foods. If you are thinking of getting something fun to play with for your child I can certainly vouch for this as we are going on 2 years worth of using a single toy, no small feat. I have added pics above.
review image review image
on February 13, 2013
My grandson, Josh, has had soooo much fun with this one. We got our money's worth on Christmas alone - as he wheeled this market on wheels from room to room selling his wares to each member of the family. There isn't a day that this one isn't the center of a funderful play time.
on December 25, 2011
I picked this store out for my in-laws to give my kids. Their ages are 7, 4, 3, & 1. They LOVE it, especially the 7 year old! The product is very sturdy plastic, which is typical for Little Tikes products. The chalkboard area is not actual chalkboard, but instead is just black plastic. It works just as well as a chalkboard though, and I have no complaints with the actual store. I gave it 4 stars because the cash register is pretty cheesy. The number buttons don't even push, and the drawer just opens with one button. We bought a different register, and stocked the shelves with some food from Melissa & Doug, and with the changes that I made, would give it a 5 star rating. Highly recommend, but would budget for a different register.
on March 12, 2012
Very cute and my boys love it! It is the perfect size for my 3 year old and he is tall for his age. The pretend the are at the market and shopping all the time. It is very cute to watch. Assembly was not too bad, just a little time consuming. My only complaints are that the sliding doors are easy for my 19 month old to remove, but also easy to put back on. And I wish they had not made the curtain removable. They used velcro to put it on and it gets pulled off by same said 19 month old! Other than that, I feel it was a great purchase. Would definitely purchase it again. We have had it for about 6 months and it has been really played with and is weathering well.
on February 14, 2011
Of the dozens and dozens and dozens of presents my five year old niece got for Christmas, this is the one it was IMPOSSIBLE to tear her away from. She loves, loves loves it.
on December 31, 2012
I ordered this for the kindergarten classrooms at my school for activity centers and it is durable and will stand years of wear.
on October 22, 2011
My three year old absolutely loves this toy. She plays lemonade stand and pizza party for hours. Very durable and safe for her.
on December 24, 2012
The grand kids loved this. They play for hours. I did buy extra food. Can' t have too much food

See 1 answered question