5.0 out of 5 stars The best toddler/small child guitar out there! has a strap!
I got this for our two year old niece and she absolutely loves it. She had a birthday party and I saw a six year old playing with it and liking it too. Her grandpa is an electric guitar player, so she's seen a lot of guitar playing and wouldn't be fooled by something that isn't played like a real guitar. A few of the features that make this one stand out:

-...
Published on May 13, 2012 by A. Graves

1.0 out of 5 stars another reviewer that thinks this is too small
I bought this online intending to give it to my daughter for her second birthday. The box on the product says it is for ages 2+ but I agree with some of the previous reviewers that this is too small even for a young two year old. I decided she would be disappointed with it and am returning it unopened.
Published 22 months ago by Anne Greenfield

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toddler/small child guitar out there! has a strap!, May 13, 2012

- A strap! Most of the play guitars out there don't have one, so the child ends up putting the guitar on the floor and pushing the buttons. One word of caution though - be sure to get in the habit of putting the strap over one shoulder & under the opposite arm and NOT around the neck like a necklace. When the child starts walking around and climbing, it could easily get twisted around the neck. But there's no problem at all when the strap is put on properly. My niece is pretty little, so we tied a knot in the back of the strap to adjust to her size.

- Volume control. Most other play guitars have an annoyingly high volume with no adjustments. This has a low, medium and high volume, and even the high isn't as bad as some of the toys out there.

- Strings. Some other play guitars only have buttons. For my niece, who has seen how a guitar is played a million times, she needs to strum. Guitars are for strumming, not pushing buttons. The strings need to be pushed pretty hard to make noise, but she got the hang of it.

- Better than normal songs. Even Santana is on the song list. There's one song per color-coded button on the neck of the guitar.

1.0 out of 5 stars another reviewer that thinks this is too small, November 28, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar, January 27, 2012
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my 3 year old son. He loves it, he carries all over the house playing it. It plays preprogrammed songs and there is a mode for playing your own songs. It''s a great toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment!!, August 21, 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar (Toy)
The musics, the lights, chords that actually play music when you hit different strings and also the little red bar that makes it sound like a real rock star!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't receive the one in the picture, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar (Toy)
I didn't receive what was pictured. The guitar does what it's described to do, but it is not the correct color. The description reads, "Updated with a new Fire and Ice look featuring a translucent blue guitar and red and blue LED lights inside." Our guitar is a solid green colored one. Since my son has already seen it, I can't send it back. I wish I had received the one in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids love it and fight over it, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar (Toy)
If you have more than one kid, take my advice and make sure they each have their own or invest in earplugs or all you'll hear is "Hey that's mine!" or "It's my turn!"

4.0 out of 5 stars All in all a cute guitar for toddlers, January 8, 2013
We purchased this guitar after sending back a Leap Frog Touch Magic Guitar. The Leap Frog one made my daughter cry out of frustration, so this one was a BIG step up. My 2 1/2 year old really likes this one. There are 3 strings that you can actually play. However, the strings are a bit loose and take a little effort to pluck. When she tries to strum the strings they don't get enough movement to play the notes. Maybe as she gets bigger it will be easier.

There are several buttons with songs including Santana, which is cool. There is no annoying lady singing overtop of everything like on the Leap Frog guitar, so parents should like this one a lot better as well.

Also the whammy bar is easy to use and my daughter thinks she is really playing along with the songs.

On the box, it shows the strap is adjustable. Not sure why, but the one we received does not have an adjustable strap.

All in all, we are pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for toddlers, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar (Toy)
This is a good guitar for a 2 year old. A child a little younger could probably use it. A 3 y/o will also like it, which is what I purchased it for. It is a bit on the small side and the strings don't always play when you strum them, but the fact that they are 'strings' on a toy guitar is great. This is still in the box because it is a Christmas present, so it might be due to this, but I cannot figure out how to get the guitar to play manually, without going into a prerecorded song.

4.0 out of 5 stars For a younger audience, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar (Toy)
This is a great first guitar. My 9 month olds love it. It is the perfect size for them and it is a perfect stepping stone for a more advanced guitar when they are a little older. I think that the age range is off on the listing. I think that a 2+ year old would probably get sick of this toy quickly. However, mine love the whammy bar and pushing the buttons since they are just starting to learn to do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great learning toy, October 4, 2013
Our 1 year old grandchild loves this guitar. Not only does it have music that can be played by pushing buttons, the strings actually can be strummed.

Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar