Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

Style Name: Non-AssembledProduct Packaging: Frustration-Free PackagingChange
Price:$50.26 - $153.60

on December 31, 2010
I find the complaints on here a little hard to believe. I found the instructions, while lengthy, very simple to follow and easy to accomplish. This is a great product. I put the coupe together Christmas Eve, after about five cocktails, and it still only took me about twenty minutes. Some people just like to complain, I guess... and others are incapable of doing things for themselves.

My little girl (14 months) loves her coupe and was playing in it instantly. She quickly figured out how to get in the seat and start to play. The cutest thing is watching her open and close the doors herself and then draping her arm over the windowsill, just like a grownup.

If you are at all handy, do not be intimidated by the complainers... it is an easy job, well documented and quality constructed item.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 31, 2010
I have put together a lot of toys for my daughter, including the Kidkraft Suite Elite Kitchen but nothing has never compared in terms of frustration level to the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe! It can be put together, but it is not fun... I've included some pointers in the video portion of the review.

Ok, so the assembly is a nightmare, but once it was assembled our daughter loves her cozy coupe. I mean she really loves it! She likes the little horn on the steering wheel and I like the removable floor. Our daughter is currently 15 months and she is still a little too small to propel herself... she tries but she usually starts to fall underneath the Cozy Coupe. However, we installed the floor she learned that she could sit back and enjoy the ride.

One thing that is worth mentioning is that once this thing is assembled it is pretty robust and seems to be well-built.

+ A nice design for both boys and girls

+ The removable floor means that it grows with your child

+ Our daughter loves the little horn on the steering wheel

- We have all talked about the assembly - here are a few of my tips
- Use a rubber mallet instead of a hammer
- Forget using a screwdriver - you will need to either pre-drill the holes or use a decent cordless screwdriver (It needs some muscle)
- If you can find videos (in addition to mine) - watch them prior to assembly. Taking parts back off of the Cozy Coupe will make your nightmare that much worse.

- Why can't they add a few words in the instructions... such as "This part is a sticker"

- It would have been great if there was an optional handle - I can push the Cozy Coupe but I must scrunch quite a bit

- Unless you open the door it is a bit of a challenge to get into and out of... not that big of a deal, but our daughter has not mastered the door yet!

Final Verdict-The Cozy Coupe is a great toy if you are up to putting it together!

4 Stars ( minus 1 for assembly)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2011
I bought this car for my daughter because my son had one and wouldn't share. I was supprised that this car is small than the one I got last year. It was also a pain to put together and the new front wheel design is not that great. But other than that kids love the car and now there is a little less fighting.
review image
on August 20, 2010
I was so excited when I ordered this Cozy Coupe because my son wanted one desperately. It arrived it just a couple days and my son lit up as soon as he saw the picture on the box. However, as soon as I started assemply of the million little pieces, my joy started to fade. The pieces were near impossible to put together, and in the end it took me, my husband, his dad and brother (and power tools!)to put together this toy. Ours was the 30th anniversay edition, and I just have this to say: Why is it that after 30 years, assembly hasn't gotten any easier?
review image
on July 10, 2010
I just spent the last 90 minutes putting this product together. Let me pause and say that I have a Mechanical Engineering degree and I normally do not have any problems assembling any products. But this product simply has the worst design that I've ever seen. The parts do not fit together (you really have to brute force your way in, especially the five yellow pieces that combine to be the top. Also, I actually have to buy this item TWICE because the first package didn't come with one of the shafts--does any one even sanity check the content of the box before packaging!? From reading others' reviews, this is not uncommon either, people have complained missing screws, steering wheels, wheels, etc. WTF!?

This is supposed to be the "Best Selling car in the US" and have been so for 30 years, and it just amazes me how poorly the quality/design/manufacturing the product is. If another company actually steals the concept and makes a half-way decent car, they would've crushed the sales of the Cozy (Crazy) Coupe. Also the wheels are secured by a washer that you tight-fit with a hammer--which I am not sure is the best way to design a durable wheel assembly, I do have concersn that one day the wheel will fall off but we shall see.

Bad design aside, once the car is put together, the concept is actually quite fun and I can't wait for my son to try it out tomorrow morning Flintstone style!

CONCLUSION: Beware of the poor assembly and possible missing parts. Pick a cool day to assemble this (you will use tons of force and energy, it's a great workout). (I would recommend getting an electric drill for the screws as well)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2010
I see I'm not the only one who had a hard time assembling this thing! My daughter couldn't wait for me to get it out of the box and assemble it the second it arrived. So, I pulled it out of the box and very quickly figured out it was going to take a lot of time and concentration to get the stupid thing put together. I had to make my daughter go down for her nap and continue working on it. It took me two solid hours to put together! The instructions are very poorly illustrated and difficult to understand. More than once, I thought I'd assembled the wheels incorrectly and tried to remedy the issue by taking them apart. I quickly discovered that once you hammer the bolt on that holds the wheels together, they don't come off . . . even with a sledgehammer, crowbar, whatever! So, that speaks to the durability. It definitely held up to my efforts at assembly without so much as a scratch! That said, make sure you understand the instructions and are 100% sure you are doing it correctly before you proceed. Also, make sure you follow the instructions exactly in order, even if you think your way makes more sense (such as putting the steering wheel on before attaching the roof). You will wind up having to take apart what you did before in order to assemble some other aspect of the car. Also, while the roof supports were difficult to get into their slots, I found the most difficult part of assembling the car to be screwing the screws into their allotted indentations. That's right. You don't even get pre-drilled holes to screw the screws into. Just a slight indentation in the plastic indicating that's where it's supposed to go. It takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get those screws in. I managed to eventually get the top screws in. My hand ached like crazy, I had banged up knuckles from the effort, and one of the screws went in a bit cockeyed, but at least they were in! The bottom screws were a different story. You have to go in from inside the cup holders. With the length of the screws and the length of the screw driver, it is impossible to get the screws in straight or provide enough leverage/pressure to actually puncture the plastic and get the screw in there. I finally had to give up and just wait a couple of days until my husband could do it. In the meantime, my daughter drove around with the screws just hanging out in the cup holder and the back roof supports frequently pulling out of their slots.

Even with the pain of assembly, and the quite obvious "mistakes" where the car looks a little funny due to my imperfect assembly (the best I could do!), my daughter is absolutely enamored with her new toy. It has made the biggest hit by far that any toy has ever made in her two years of life. I have had a hard time getting her to come out of the thing! She's been sitting in it to watch movies, driving it all over the house, eating in it, attempting to take it on walks, and even insisted on sleeping with it right beside her the first night she had it. It's worth all the hard work to see her enjoying the toy so much. But I would definitely not give it anything more than three stars after the nightmare my husband and I went through in trying to put the thing together!
on April 1, 2012
What a pain in the a$$ to put together - and I'm pretty handy. This car is about 3x more complicated than it needs to be. Look elsewhere.
on May 30, 2009
My parents bought this for my son, who admittedly does love it. But the thing is a nightmare to put together (especially the six red caps that go over the exposed metal rods). And has been pointed out, the instructions are worthless.

And no sooner did I get it together, one of the red caps broke, leaving an exposed metal rod that he could get hurt on.

So I went online and filled out the form to get a replacement of what has to be a thirty cent item. And although this is the 30TH ANNIVERSARY COUPE that only came out THIS YEAR, I was told I'd need to provide proof of purchase to show that it was purchased this year just to get a replacement for a badly designed part that is there to ensure safety.

I'm sorely tempted to return this car, and to avoid Little Tikes products until they improve their customer service.

My parents insisted on keeping the car, and although we found the receipt & emailed it to them per their instructions to get a replacement part, they've yet to send it. My parents still like it, but from my perspective the quality is lacking & their customer service sucks.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2010
We just received this adorable little car for our baby's 1st birthday. We were nervous to embark on putting it together after reading all of the horror stories. My husband and I are not the most handy but we really had a fairly easy time putting the car together. I STRONGLY recommend using the assembly video online instead of the paper instructions. I watched it once before we started and then watched/paused as we went along step by step. We only had a little trouble screwing on the roof--be sure to start the screws early as advised by a 'tip' in the video. Really helps to use a drill or electric screwdriver for this part. Another little tip from me: I took all the small parts and laid them out in the box they came in and used a sharpie to label the part's letter--made it easy to grab the one you needed as you go. Othwerise, our baby is LOVING his new car and we are very pleased with our purchase.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
It is unbelievable how poorly designed this product is given that it's been around for so long. I got a set of instructions that were OLD. The new updated instructions were included in a different bag. WHY!??!? EX: I guess I got a new version of the yellow roof parts but as I was reading the old instructions it seemed impossible and I broke part of it. I had to get Amazon to send me a replacement (which they did with no hassle), but now I have this gigantic half-put-together vehicle that I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPACKAGE FOR THE RETURN. Such a waste of my time.

Also, the parts are sorted into six different bags with no rhyme or reason. Ex: the two parts for the steering wheel are in two different bags. C'mon. Why would you need a power drill AND a hammer to install a plastic kids toy?! And all that hammering with those stupid axle holders. This is an absurd, unreliable process. And it makes so much noise. I can only do work like this when the kids are asleep. I even did this in the garage with 3 walls and doors between my kid's room...and it woke him up! Thanks for nothing!

So many of the tiny fixtures could have come already installed or part of the main body. In contrast, I got the Radio Flyer 2 in 1 Wagon. Such a breeze to install, they had all the little things already done, and putting the axles was so much easier than this stupid Cozy Coupe.

BUT THE BEST PART - after I put together the replacement version, I find out it scratches my hardwood floors!!! The front wheels don't always spin into the proper position (maybe not enough friction from the smooth wood floors) but it would drag along in a sideways position and scratch the heck out of my floors. This is beyond unacceptable. I had to turn this into an outdoor toy even though it is much more usable indoors.

I hate this product with a passion.