5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - This Product Can Be Addictive for Little Kids
This product is scary good. What do I mean by that? Let me explain.

With a 4 year old girl and an 18 month old little boy we thought this might be a fun product to try. I opened the box, set it up in a couple minutes and watched the kids start playing, and playing, and playing, and playing.

My wife and I were stunned. Both children spent hours...
Published on August 24, 2009 by My $.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
I'm sad to say that the quality on this item is poor at best. The red plastic piece that is used to change the height of the net would not stay closed. So it basically was only functional on the lowest setting. We have had many Little Tikes item over the years and this one doesn't even come close to the others.
Published 14 months ago by Denise T

5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - This Product Can Be Addictive for Little Kids, August 24, 2009
My $.03 (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
This product is scary good. What do I mean by that? Let me explain.

My wife and I were stunned. Both children spent hours shooting baskets. Even my little one was shooting and consistently making bank shots from 2 feet out with the hoop height set just above his head. Fortunately we had a couple other similarly sized balls around the house which prevented arguments over whose turn it was.

Both kids were so caught up in the fun and were doing so well that it wasn't long before the video camera and regular camera were clicking away. My little boy went to sleep that night with his arm curled around the basketball (similar to how he might hold a teddy) because he screamed when we tried to take it away. The first words out of his mouth the next morning was "shoot, shoot" as he stood up in his crib holding the ball. My wife commented that I've created a couple basketball monsters.

We've never had that type of reaction to a new toy and in some ways it was a bit daunting. I'm not sure if our children's reactions are typical, but at least in this house, this product is a huge hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basket ball set for my 2-year old son, July 8, 2010
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
My son received this from his great grandmother for his second birthday 2 weeks ago. It has been played with daily and he loves to throw the perfectly light weight ball (and a scaled down version of a proper, heavier basket ball) through the hoop over and over... we've had to raise it up three times already to make it more challenging for him.

We have not yet weighted the set and it stands up fine at the moment. I imagine the base will need sand adding when my son gets into more rough play with it tho.

I have to say I initially agreed with other reviewers who have been frustrated with the hoop constantly coming off after a few throws... BUT... I called Little Tikes who advised me to lay the set down so that the hoop was sticking up and to then step on the INSIDE of the hoop to snap it into the back plate more firmly... I did this and it made an audible click on both sides and seems instantly more secure. I tossed a few balls in and it shows no sign of coming loose or bending forwards. You might want to try this before writing off this product as flawed... perhaps it's more a flaw in the instructions that don't tell you how to snap it properly into place from the get go! I'll update this review if I change my mind down the line...

I reserve judgement on durability since we've only had it a short time but, I must say, for the amount of money it seems pretty solidly built and looks set to withstand the rigors of normal play from a 1-5 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandbabes FAVORITE toy!, January 13, 2009
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
We purchased this toy for our 22 month old grandson... My daughter in law claims its the first words out of his mouth every morning when he wakes up "b-ball". Also, that she can not get him into the tub at night until he experiences a little "twi-light b-ball"

Its great for increasing your child's gross motor skills along with their hand to eye coordination. Its build sturdy and durable to last. We have 8 children, 6 grandchildren and prefer to give them gifts of quality. A toy that will last to be handed down to new siblings in the years to follow. Also a toy that gets the child happily moving. We are very satisfied with this toy choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out Michael Jordan!!!, July 30, 2010
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
My son received this toy for his 2nd birthday! He LOVES it! This set is great for many reasons --- and here they are:

1: It is extremely durable and is good for both outdoor and indoor playtime. If it is raining outside we will bring the set inside and the ball is light enough that I don't have to worry about it hitting and breaking something in the house.

2: Outdoors the set is strong enough to withstand the wind which is a plus because other sets often blow over.

3: The colors of the set are vibrant and help educate children on their colors.

4. The height is adjustable which is great. My son is short so we like to lower it down. However, his friend is a little taller. I would say this toy could be around until your child is about 6 or 7.

Overall it is a quality product and I give it 5 stars!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 3 kids really like it!, June 16, 2009
mommyto3 (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
We got this for our son's 3rd birthday and it's been a big hit! All 3 of our kids (ages 4 1/2, 3 & 1 1/2) are able to use it since it adjusts in height. I think this will be used for many years to come! It is not extremely stable and sturdy even when weighed down with water, but it hasn't fallen over or anything and I think it will hold up well even with kids being a little rough with it. Overall, we really like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
Our two-year-old grandson loves this set. We have raised the height of it once already, and it has room for him to grow some more. I like the way the ball bounces off the base and returns to him when he makes a basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, July 2, 2013
Denise T (Hill Country, Texas) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall all pretty good toy, January 7, 2010
Unknown (Mississippi) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
My 2 1/2 year old son got this for Christmas. He loves playing with it. The only complaint I have about it is the basketball rim falls all pretty easy after the ball had hit it several times. You can put it back on really quick, but it can kinda be a pain to keep having to fix it.

5.0 out of 5 stars little tykes easy score basketball set, June 26, 2011
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old grandson and he just loves it. It is just right for a toddler and he will be able to play with it for many years. Amazon was the best price and it was delivered earlier that they promised!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 11, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set (Toy)
potentially a great toy for my Grandson. He loves throwing the ball in the rim. The down side is can't keep the rim on. I wish I could find a way to keep the rim on so that I could of rated it better.

Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set