Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Blue|Style Name: 1 Basketball|Change

on August 24, 2009
This product is scary good. What do I mean by that? Let me explain.

With a 4 year old girl and an 18 month old little boy we thought this might be a fun product to try. I opened the box, set it up in a couple minutes and watched the kids start playing, and playing, and playing, and playing.

My wife and I were stunned. Both children spent hours shooting baskets. Even my little one was shooting and consistently making bank shots from 2 feet out with the hoop height set just above his head. Fortunately we had a couple other similarly sized balls around the house which prevented arguments over whose turn it was.

Both kids were so caught up in the fun and were doing so well that it wasn't long before the video camera and regular camera were clicking away. My little boy went to sleep that night with his arm curled around the basketball (similar to how he might hold a teddy) because he screamed when we tried to take it away. The first words out of his mouth the next morning was "shoot, shoot" as he stood up in his crib holding the ball. My wife commented that I've created a couple basketball monsters.

We've never had that type of reaction to a new toy and in some ways it was a bit daunting. I'm not sure if our children's reactions are typical, but at least in this house, this product is a huge hit.
1111 comments|509 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2010
My son received this from his great grandmother for his second birthday 2 weeks ago. It has been played with daily and he loves to throw the perfectly light weight ball (and a scaled down version of a proper, heavier basket ball) through the hoop over and over... we've had to raise it up three times already to make it more challenging for him.

We have not yet weighted the set and it stands up fine at the moment. I imagine the base will need sand adding when my son gets into more rough play with it tho.

I have to say I initially agreed with other reviewers who have been frustrated with the hoop constantly coming off after a few throws... BUT... I called Little Tikes who advised me to lay the set down so that the hoop was sticking up and to then step on the INSIDE of the hoop to snap it into the back plate more firmly... I did this and it made an audible click on both sides and seems instantly more secure. I tossed a few balls in and it shows no sign of coming loose or bending forwards. You might want to try this before writing off this product as flawed... perhaps it's more a flaw in the instructions that don't tell you how to snap it properly into place from the get go! I'll update this review if I change my mind down the line...

I reserve judgement on durability since we've only had it a short time but, I must say, for the amount of money it seems pretty solidly built and looks set to withstand the rigors of normal play from a 1-5 year old.
22 comments|263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2010
My son received this toy for his 2nd birthday! He LOVES it! This set is great for many reasons --- and here they are:

1: It is extremely durable and is good for both outdoor and indoor playtime. If it is raining outside we will bring the set inside and the ball is light enough that I don't have to worry about it hitting and breaking something in the house.

2: Outdoors the set is strong enough to withstand the wind which is a plus because other sets often blow over.

3: The colors of the set are vibrant and help educate children on their colors.

4. The height is adjustable which is great. My son is short so we like to lower it down. However, his friend is a little taller. I would say this toy could be around until your child is about 6 or 7.

Overall it is a quality product and I give it 5 stars!!!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon July 31, 2015
We’ve been using this for almost a month and a half and it’s by far the best $23 I’ve spent in the last few years. My 10 year old is a basketball player, so my 1 ½ year old is always watching and trying to imitate her. This is perfect! Here's what makes it amazing:

• Quality: It’s built very well. Even with my 10 year old pretending to dunk and my 1 ½ year old pulling on it, it’s holding up well. We have other kids over and they play rough with it as well.
• Adjustment: This was important to me. I love how this hoop will be useful for a few years. Right now he gets the biggest thrill out of making a basket without any assistance. He throws balls in the hoop, sippy cups, other toys and pretty much anything that will fit. He plays with this every day. It will adjust to fit him when he’s much older also, I would guess about 4 or 5.
• Base: So the base is intended to be filled with sand (one of my friends put water in hers). Since I want to be able to carry it outside so he can play on his hoop while she plays on hers, I opted to not put anything in the base. Initially it tipped over a bit because he was pulling on the hoop. After a couple days he stopped doing that and it rarely tips now.
• Hoop and net: The net is the only annoying thing about this. The strings pull off of their hooks quite frequently. I stopped obsessively putting them back on because that got a little annoying. But, it seems the piece that holds the string in place could’ve been designed a little better. No big deal, not worth marking this down a star. My son pulled on the hoop initially when we got it. It didn't bend or break at all.
• Ball: The ball is the perfect size for my sons little hands. It’s soft, so if he drops it on his foot, hits someone else or falls on it there will be no injury. We have a variety of other balls we also use from our basketball arcade style game.

This has been an AMAZING toy for us. I couldn’t believe when I came on Amazon and realized how inexpensive it is for how awesome it is. All the first birthday parties I go to I will be buying this for. Even us adults have fun setting it far away and trying to make long shots. I would gladly give up 5 of his other toys just to have this.

Update: We have had this for almost a year now. My 2 1/2 year old and 11 year old play with it a few times a week. I think we lost the original ball, but we have plenty that fit. The adults still like playing with it. My 11 year old does trick shots where she stands upstairs and drops the ball over the railing into the hoop. I think this is probably the best toy I have bought my son.
review image review image
on October 17, 2014
My son has become addicted to this basketball set. The base can be filled with sand or water, but we have left it empty and do not have a problem with it being stable.

Changing the height is very easy. We will practice our dunks with it being low and then switch to higher setting for our shooting. I feel this has helped by son's motor skills.

The basket works with the ball provided and the small junior basketballs we have.

Easy to put together, it literally took 2 minutes.
review image
on January 13, 2009
We purchased this toy for our 22 month old grandson... My daughter in law claims its the first words out of his mouth every morning when he wakes up "b-ball". Also, that she can not get him into the tub at night until he experiences a little "twi-light b-ball"

Its great for increasing your child's gross motor skills along with their hand to eye coordination. Its build sturdy and durable to last. We have 8 children, 6 grandchildren and prefer to give them gifts of quality. A toy that will last to be handed down to new siblings in the years to follow. Also a toy that gets the child happily moving. We are very satisfied with this toy choice!
on December 11, 2013
Our two-year-old grandson loves this set. We have raised the height of it once already, and it has room for him to grow some more. I like the way the ball bounces off the base and returns to him when he makes a basket.
on June 16, 2009
We got this for our son's 3rd birthday and it's been a big hit! All 3 of our kids (ages 4 1/2, 3 & 1 1/2) are able to use it since it adjusts in height. I think this will be used for many years to come! It is not extremely stable and sturdy even when weighed down with water, but it hasn't fallen over or anything and I think it will hold up well even with kids being a little rough with it. Overall, we really like it!
on May 21, 2014
My husband is hounding me to write this review because he hates this so much. My older son had the fisher price style for about $40-45 and it is still is good shape (6 years later). The net is a little ripped and it is dirty from being outside. I thought that my 2-year old son should have a nice, new one, so I bought this because of the great price! But it is so flimsy, and the net falls off every time you make a killer basket, so my husband threw it in the depths of the garage and won't let it out.
on July 4, 2015
This basketball hoop is the best! I have it inside for my two year old that loves to play hoops! It's is big enough for us to play with him but small enough to pretty much for anywhere. The bottom fills with either sand or water so it doesn't tip and you don't have to worry about it leaking. The net is easily attachable and detachable for easy washing. The actual hoop and body itself is made of a very thick, very strong plastic. Definitely not breaking or bending or getting wear and tear easily. This really is the perfect gift for any toddler. It even comes with the basketball. It can be blown back up just like a normal basketball. I'm very happy with the quality of the whole set. I got it for my son's 2nd bday. He plays with it everyday. Best part. No screws or and tools required. It all snaps together. So simple. I would highly recommend it! For this price you really can't beat it. It's a steal and it will last forever. I am so glad I bought it! I'm sure you and your little one will be too!
review image review image review image