5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Customer
I got this toy chest for my grandson's 2nd birthday. He had outgrown his smaller toy chest and this one definitely fit the bill for more space! My little guy loves the pictures on the outside of the chest and the blue color looks great in his bedroom.
Published on August 25, 2009 by J.P.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment...
Published on May 27, 2009 by Mommy of 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment..., May 27, 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
We have always purchased little tikes toys and furniture, knowing what great quality their items are, and the ease of putting them together. No tools required. Well, I receieved this toy box for my 2 sons today, and I was extremely disappointed. I snapped it together rather quickly, but couldn't get the 4 plastic brackets to interlock inside to hold the 4 sides together. The picture showed using a hammer, so I hammered and hammered with no results. They just kept popping back out and wouldn't lock together. My husband entered the process and pounded them so hard that I feared the toy box would crack in 2, but STILL no luck. Now my husband is going to put 8 screws inside to hold the sides together. Needless to say, little tikes are usually put together effortlessly, but this was NOT the norm. Also, looked like there should have been divider trays inside, but we had none. There are grooves, but no trays included?? We will continue to buy little tikes for our boys, but I will REALLY watch the customer reviews from now on, since they are definately correct! The customer always knows!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Customer, August 25, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
I am happy with the fact that the lid is completely removable as it eliminates the possiblity of heads or hands being injured if the lid were to close unexpectedly. The lid is removed during play time and replaced when the toys are put away.
As has been my experience with Little Tikes products, this toy chest seems to be very sturdy and durable. My grandson climbs on the top of it when the lid is on and sits inside of it to play with his toys when the lid is off.
I was a little worried when I read about the problems some of the other people had in assembling the chest. I am a 53 year old grandma with arthritis in my wrists and hands and still managed to get it together with very little difficulty in only 10 to 15 minutes.

2.0 out of 5 stars i was hoping more, September 17, 2009
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
is big and is very easy to clean but thats about it, the lid is pretty bad, it doesnt clip and some parts started coming apart soon after i bought it. Not a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge toy box, a little tricky to get the brackets in, January 22, 2011
X-ray LOBO 08 (Albuquerque, NM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
After reading the reviews about the 4 brackets that go on the inside to hold the sides together...I seriously hesitated getting this toy chest. But I need the storage for my 1 year old's many toys and bought it. I snapped all the sides in fairly quickly but (as many of you that have reviewed this said) the brackets became the challenge. After reading reviews hoping to find a trick that someone found to help them, I found the answer...hammer in the brackets to the long sides first before you put the short side walls in...then slide those in and pull the brackets to the short side and hammer away! It made it so much easier than trying to do it the way the directions said. Thanks to the people that shared their very helpful advice on here. This is a very durable, huge toy box and my son LOVES it!

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, July 11, 2009
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
Amazon's Description states - Product Dimensions: 97 x 49 x 60 inches ; 28 pounds There is no way that this toy box is over 8' long X 5' wide X over 4' deep. The weight is right according to Little Tikes site, but it should be - Product Size 39.00"L x 23.25"W x 21.75"H / 28.00 lbs. 8.00 ounces ( as copied from their web site!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, easy to assemble!, February 18, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
This is the largest toy box we could find at a good price. It literally took less than five minutes to put together and is extremely sturdy. I have no idea how anyone has had problems with the assembly, maybe they received a defective item???? The colors are great and ALL the toys (Grandma/Grandpa spoil the heck out of him so there are PLENTY) fit in this box! It is wonderful finally getting all these toys off the floor and into somewhere they belong! Highly recommend this box!

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Tikes Giant DISASTER!, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
There were a few reasons why I purchased this. First of all, the size seemed perfect for all of my son's toys. He has so many big items that it's difficult to find toy boxes big enough to fit them. Second, I love Little Tikes stuff. It is always great quality, and fun. I was really excited about this.

Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with this. It is VERY difficult to put together. The pieces do not seem to fit the way they should, and it is very frustrating. Once we actually got it together, it was useless. The little pieces that are meant to hold it together, did not stay put -- and one of them snapped right in half! Another big problem is the lid. It doesn't latch or anything. Quite difficult for kids to open, especially smaller kids.

This is on its' way back to Amazon because it simply is NOT sturdy, NOT safe, and NOT worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars HUGELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE TOY BOX, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
we ordered this toy box for our son for his first christmas. It comes in four different pieces for the base... needless to say the parts did not line up and the brackets will not go in. I am very disappointed with this purchase and wish i would have saved my money. Also, we are disspointed that there is no way for the lid to attach. I feel it is a huge piece of junk!

1.0 out of 5 stars Should've listened to the reviews, December 14, 2010
Amy Ciolino (Batavia, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
My son received this as a Christmas gift but unfortunately the pieces would not go together correctly. The sides do not line up making it impossible to place the brackets. Little Tikes offered no help at all after calling. I was told to take pictures to provide proof of the defect. I exchanged it through Amazon for a new one and had the exact same problem with the second. Don't waste your time or money hoping for one that fits together correctly.

2.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, December 8, 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue (Toy)
Seems room -- but won't stay together. Plastic pins that come with it don't stay in. DOn't like the fact the lid is not connected in some way.. Won't purcchase another one.

Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue