Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

on March 25, 2010
Take my advice...just buy THIS cart if you are shopping for one. I was in the unique position where I had 3 different carts all in my kitchen at one time. You really need to "Feel" the carts first hand to understand. I initially bought the Step One Little Helpers shopping cart after reading all the good reviews. Bad choice. It constantly tips over, its bulky and is not user friendly to push. The only thing good about that one was there was no I only wasted $5 because I bought it on Craig's List. Then my sister in law bought me a American Plastic grocery cart and boy was that JUNK. I couldn't even believe they would make such flimsy toys! It was so thin and cheaply made. The cart simply tipped if any weight was put on it. I just threw it way (the handle kept popping off, also) Then I found THIS shopping cart. Oh wow, there is no comparison over the other 2. This pushes so nice and takes up less space. The fact that it doesn't tip over may have a lot to do with the wide base of support and how it is evenly distributed. I had to assemble it but it was sooooo worth the time and money. I know I went through a lot of time and money getting the "perfect" shopping cart but I would do it all over just to make sure I get one that will last years and years. My 14 month old can actually push it and has never tipped it yet. Totally recommend!
on August 19, 2010
I bought this for my daughter for her first birthday thinking it would help her walk better. She was just starting to walk and I figured she would push this around and get better at walking. I was wrong-she wouldn't push it at all. Sometimes she would take toys in and out of the basket, but mostly the cart just sat in a corner. I was very dissappointed. However, when she got to be about 17 months old, she started playing with it and pushing it everywhere! It is very sturdy. She has never turned it over. I have read some reviews that say the wheels fall off. I have a feeling this is due to improper assembly. The wheels have NEVER fallen off of our cart. I thought about buying a smaller and much cheaper cart, but I'm so glad I didn't. I realize now that a lighter cart would not have been safe for a child her age. This product is well worth the money!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
After shopping around for a toy shopping cart that was both durable and wouldn't wreck our floors, I bought this (at Toys R Us, on sale). My husband put it together in about 30 min. The directions say you need a hammer and a screwdriver, and he did use the hammer to ensure the axles were sturdy...some reviews say that the wheels fall off, but this may be because the axles were not secured during assembly. Our little one saw this cart and took off around the house with it! She's pretty speedy, but her navigation leaves something to be desired (hey, she's only 1 1/2)...she banged in the wall, chairs, coffee table, bathroom door....and nothing was damaged! She put her blocks in it, her Elmo doll, her lovey dog, a couple of books, and had a great time! It's pretty sturdy too. My daughter is about 23 lbs, and while she didn't pull herself up on it (she walks fairly well, and is running now too), I pushed down on the handle part from a sitting position, and the cart didn't budge or slip out from under me. My husband did it too, and same result. We do have hardwood floors, so we kept an eye on her as she revved around with this toy, but no accidents or spills. There is a little space under the cart's basket where small toys can also be stored (she put the forks from her Leapfrog picnic basket there), and the space is slightly grooved lengthwise so things don't spill out as the cart is pushed around /stopped abruptly (law of physics...). My husband likes that the cart is basically only 2 large sturdy parts, which ensures for the safety of our little daredevil when she runs around with this --- the handle, all the way down to the bottom of the cart (the white part in the picture) is one big piece, which helps with stability. As of note, in case you're wondering about little ones trying to climb into the cart, mine tried by climbing onto our couch and pointing to go into it, but we stopped her. The front where a doll can sit is waaaaaaaay too small for a child to sit in, I can't imagine a child even wanting to, but you never know (her take-along Elmo doll fit perfectly, it's 12" tall). She also put her Little People wheelies and Peek-a-blocks into the basket part of the cart, and she's still too short to get them out without standing on tiptoe (she's 32" tall now), so the basket is pretty deep. the little spaces on the sides of the basket are small, so I can't see how play food will spill out unless it's really small too (in which case you wouldn't be giving it to a toddler anyway). I LOVE this cart! Highly recommended.
on August 26, 2012
My 40 year old daughter's childhood shopping cart finally bit the dust with the grandchildren's use. My 6 year old granddaughter asked if I was bringing the shopping cart down from the attic for her visit!! Little minds have elephants' memories. I told her that her mom's finally broke and that I would buy another one for the house. I read the Amazon reviews for this cart and bought one. Item arrived STAT and Grandpa put it together pretty quickly...said the directions didn't match the parts, but what else is new with today's product instructions??? The girls AND I are thrilled with our new play item. LOVE the pink with purple wheels. It has only had two weeks of play, but feels very sturdy. Dolly fits in the seat perfectly. A++++

Thanks, Amazon, for always being there!
on January 2, 2015
We got this for our daughter for Christmas, and oh my word, she LOVES it!! She spent the first two days basically doing nothing else but playing with this shopping cart. It took a bit longer to assemble (not really difficult, just longer) than we thought, so we wish we would have assembled it prior to Christmas morning. She was anxiously waiting for us to put it together, but she played with it piece by piece until it was ready.

But she has spent hours loading and unloading her shopping cart, driving it around, putting stuffed animals in, she tried to get in it once or twice.

This gift was a home run! We even have to keep her big brothers away from it, they find it pretty neat as well.
review image review image
on December 5, 2009
Good for all ages. Very Durable. I was worried read that the wheels fall off easy. The wheel have not fallen off. My girl even uses the cart like a scooter. Put them on right and they won't come off.
on October 27, 2011
This is a nice and sturdy shopping cart. We bought this for our two year old. Our four year old likes it as well. There are usually fights over it. It is durable and definately takes a beating. A little of a pain to put it before you give it as a will take some time. Overall a very good toy. Should last us a long time!
on October 24, 2010
Having a daycare center and a toddler group with 6 girls in it, and only having 2 Little Tikes Shopping Carts made for some sad faces at times. The girls seem to enjoy them a little more than the boys for some reason. Now with two more in the mix, it is much easier for them to share and enjoy shopping together!!
on December 14, 2012
My 2 year old is very active and pushes every thing she can find like a buggy and has been non stop with this cart. The great part its her baby doll fits right in side and she has a blast. It is a very durable toy, she has ran into everything with it, knocked it down and jumped on it, it still looks new :)
on February 4, 2011
I bought the pink Little Tikes shopping cart for my 2 year old granddaughter. Six weeks later it is still by far one of her favorite toys. She loads it up with all kinds of treasures and wheels it thru the house..she never leaves the bedroom without it...she fills the basket with dolls, toys, books, anything and everything she can get into the has turned out to be the best purchase I made in all the presents I gave out this year!

It is constructed very well but have one tiny gripe...the outer cover for the wheels wants to fall off if the cart is pushed very fast or if she goes around a corner to fast...they simply slide or snap on..but a bit of glue will take care of that I am sure..that is the only reason I gave it only four stars instead of 5 for durability.

It comes in a box and needs to be assembled..I am 62 year old female and was able to easily put it together.

I know it is fairly strong for when she first got it out of our sight on Christmas her four year old brother got inside it and she was pushing him around...not that I think that it is such a good idea, but the cart did not break or bend and is still as good as new.

My suggestion is that there are many less expensive shopping carts available for half or less than half of the price....but if you want the toy to last for years , maybe even pass it down to others...then I would suggest that you go for Little Tikes...they are made to last!