Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 15, 2009
I did a little bit of research on little toddler kitchen sets before deciding on this one. What I found in my research was that many of these kitchens are overpriced and/or PINK! I have nothing against pink but I get sick of buying pink ALL the time for my little girl. Plus, some kitchen sets are too wide and I needed something "compact."

When I saw this kitchen (and the price being much lower than others like it) I was suspicious. There were no other reviews on it when I bought it so I took a chance and purchased it anyway. I couldn't beat the price and I loved the colors (NO PINK).

When we got it, it was very easy to put together. I whipped it up within about 20 minutes. The stickers for the microwave, oven, etc. are pretty cheesy and you have to be very careful to make sure they are CENTERED and that you can push the bubbles out otherwise once you stick them then there is no fixing them.

My daughter loves this set. She's 15 months and likes "kitchen" stuff. She is always playing with this set including putting her real food on the counter.

Overall it's a really great buy. I would definitely buy it again, especially for the price and because it's a nice unisex color. Sometimes I get tired of bright primary or loud pink colors for children's toys that it's refreshing when something isn't screaming juvenile.

Great buy. I think it may be a tad too small for a child over 3 or 3 1/2 but it's perfect for kids 18 months to just under 3. Highly recommended!
33 comments|299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2010
I bought this last month for my 14 month old daughter. It was already inexpensive compared to other kitchens at around $75, but I happened to get it while it was on sale for even less!
I wanted a kitchen that wasn't overloaded with phrases and noises and would still allow her to use her imagination. This kitchen is a perfect mix of that has allowed her just that. Oven temp dial clicks, the stovetop makes boiling or sizzling sounds when you turn the dial. Comes with a few accessories (no food) which we are going to get for her soon. Doesn't come with the towel, but I just gave her one of our dish towels that we hardly use. I'm not really concerned about the storage of her play food once we get it, because she has several shelves and toybins that we keep things in. But for someone who wants to store food and accessories in here, there is SOME room in the fridge and oven and even less in the cupboard and microwave, but I wouldn't depend on it as the only storage space you have. On the plus side, this kitchen doesn't take up much room at all (and her room is on the small side), so you could keep a little grocery basket or cart next to it.

I only have 3 complaints with this kitchen:
1. Putting together was easy (i did it by myself in less than 30min), but the refrigerator door wasn't molded right or something because it wouldn't close all the way. Luckily after opening and closing it for a few minutes, just to get it loosened up it started closing fully. I was reading other reviews on here about that same problem and some customers actually had to cut off pieces of plastic in order to make them fit because they weren't molded right during production.
2. I left the pegs off the bottom because it seems to make it unstable. works and looks fine without them.
3. Some holes were not lining up where screws needed to be. Not a huge deal. It was easily fixed with a drill to make your own hole, but was still annoying. I just hate buying something and it's not made properly.
0Comment|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2015
My son loves this kitchen. We got it when he was two and it was an instant hit. Have by far gotten our money's worth. Kids love to hide stuff in the openings. But my daughter has gone from screaming infant to climbing toddler since we got it. She is 14 months and loves it too. But the other day it fell over on top of her. We were lucky. Just a bruise on her face. But be careful! Not completely steady, so maybe get something else if there are younger siblings!
on January 27, 2010
This is a pretty good little kitchen, but too many stickers in place of buttons and knobs. Our two year old grandson tries to press buttons and turn knobs, but they are stickers. It would not cost too much to have used less stickers, more knobs and buttons.
on October 22, 2013
For the price, this kitchen is great. I got it for my son last Christmas right around when he was turning 2. He still plays with it, asking if I want coffee and cake all the time. I really enjoys it. My son has a small playroom that's originally a dining room. Seeing as this kitchen fits in the corner, it's great for space, leaving plenty of room for a table, chairs, and a shelf I'm using for his 'toy box.' I plan on adding a train table to his room this year and with the size of the kitchen there will be plenty of room to move around.
on December 28, 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas. Go to put it together and we can't!! The box came damaged, no items besides the 3 main parts, a coffee pot and some nobs came with it. Picture below shows what was in the box. Not happy at all with this purchase!
review image review image review image
on November 15, 2009
This is a great little kitchen for my almost 3 year old son. It is very solid and sturdy (my son is not very gentle with it). The burner makes sizzle and boiling sounds. Plus, it comes with very cute and realistic looking accessories (dinnerware, coffee pot & cell phone). However, don't expect to put much in the refrigerator, microwave, cabinet or oven. Space is small!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 14, 2015
I got this for my granddaughter for her second birthday and it is awesome. The quality is really nice I love the design as it allows it to sit in a corner and not take up as much room. Came with accessories including a bonus pack of two pizzas and the cutter and board.

Has different doors, sinks, stove, coffee maker, towel rod and microwave for her imagination and playing fun. Was easy to assemble except for the legs on the bottom we still can't get them in and have bent three of them trying to even using soap to help they won't twist or slide in which is the only reason why it received four stars. The instruction and decals were easy to read and place.

I am very pleased and I do recommend!!. I did purchase at full asking price at tie of purchase and I am providing my honest unbiased opinion based on my experience.
on June 16, 2014
I was worried that this wouldn't be a good buy because the price was quite a bit cheaper than others we looked at. Though we had one hiccup with the directions on putting it together this has turned out to be a great buy!
on October 30, 2015
This play kitchen was ordered for my sons (through Amazon) by a relative. The first box we received was severely damaged and looked like it had literally been run over by a truck. FedX had wrapped the box in thick black tape in an attempt to keep it together. Amazon was very quick to order a replacement though, which arrived two days later, and schedule a UPS pickup for the old kitchen set the next day. I didn't even have to re-label the box. The new kitchen set arrived and, thankfully, the box was perfect. The unit inside, unfortunately, was slightly damaged. One side of the kitchen set was rubbed raw (presumably in the factory) and the doors, which were affixed prior to us opening it, were ill-fitted.

By this point, I was determined to just make it work. All of the parts were in the box... except for the directions and the decals. I called Little Tikes corporate, via their website, and they very politely took down all my information to send me the missing items. I got the impression this happens often. After I got off the phone, I took 6 aspirin and went to work assembling the dang thing. Inserting the legs had my husband and I in a sweat. It's a poor design. The holes aren't drilled out properly in the factory and, once assembled, they make the already unsteady kitchen set very wobbly. If you have little ones that like to climb, I would recommend anchoring this.

The play kitchen itself is alright. It's built cheap. The doors are very thin plastic. The fridge and oven are too shallow to accommodate much food or a play pan larger than the pizza pan that comes free with some of these models. My kids like it. It's compact and doesn't take up too much room. It'll do. I don't see this lasting more than a year, though, or being worth much on the resale.
review image review image