Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 15, 2009
My son (5) is a bowling fanatic, and has somewhat of a collection of bowling sets. He was hesitant about this set at first, because it didn't look realistic (white pins, black ball), and didn't have ten pins, but so far it is the best bowling set we have purchased for him. So many of the ones on the market are cheaply made - they fall over easily, get smashed, or the balls are so light they can hardly knock one pin over. But this set is fantastic! Pins and ball alike are durable and work well. He is thrilled to finally find a set that works like it should! The only downside is that it doesn't have ten pins. But we like it so much we'll probably just buy another to add to the first set! (Side note: he also loves the sound they make when they fall down - the little balls inside the pins make it sound like you've just knocked ten pins down at the bowling alley!)
on July 12, 2010
Ok. I love that this toy can take a licking... and I've got a 17 month old boy, so it definitely gets a good amount of abuse! However, I pretty much have to make this an outside game because of how hard that darn bowling ball is! My son finds it much easier to throw the ball at the pins rather than rolling it, and believe me you don't want this ball thrown around your house! It's a fun little game (even though my son really only likes to throw the ball right now), and the pins are really cute with the little balls inside, but it is probably best suited for a toddler that understands how to roll (and the suggested min age is 2). Oh, and the finger holes are pretty pointless.
The Little Tikes Totsports Bowling Set will provide hours of fun for your active little ones. It is colorful; the balls inside the clear pins add an interesting dynamic and will catch a child's attention. In addition to the movement that occurs when the pins fall, they also make noise - and what little one doesn't like a noisy toy! The blue ball is colorful and has finger holes, just like a real bowling ball. It is the perfect size for children; two-year olds can grasp it for rolling and older children can use the holes. Both the pins and ball are made of a rigid plastic that seems to hold up well to repeated falls and drops by little hands.

We set this up in a hallway which had hard-surfaced flooring so that the ball would roll easily. Since our grandson is two and is prone to "bouncing" balls, we called the bowling ball a "rolling ball." This helps him remember that he should roll the ball to knock down the pins - if he hasn't already run amok through them. The Little Tikes Totsport Bowling Set is useful for teaching taking turns and is an indoor activity that provides a physical outlet when the weather is too cold or wet to go outside.

I purchased the Little Tikes Totsport Bowling Set because of its high ratings and review scores. I rated this excellent toy as a 4-star item because Little Tikes chose to include only 6 pins in and no carrying case with the Totsport Bowling Set. This necessitates either purchasing a second set so that you have ten pins - a good marketing ploy - or teaching a child to bowl with only six pins. Were I able to purchase additional pins for a reasonable price or had this set included the correct number of pins and a carrying case, it wuld have received 5 stars.
on November 28, 2011
The vast majority of toy bowling sets are cheap crap that flatten easily. Within 5 minutes half your pins (and the ball) have been stepped on and are in the garbage can.

This set is made from thick durable plastic. You know the kind you make KIDS TOYS OUT OF! Seriously people, if you're going to make a toy for kids, make it with plastic that's designed to survive 5 minutes of normal use.

The little balls inside the pins make a lot of noise and make the game sound more like a real bowling game. My only complaint is that there are only 6 pins instead of 10, but I guess that an extra 4 pins would increase the price significantly.

Little Tikes should sell a 4-pin expansion set for people who want an slightly more realistic bowling experience for their budding young bowlers.
on February 16, 2010
A fun gift appropriately priced. I did have a concern for the hard plastic ball(which actually has the finger holes like a real bowling ball). I had purchased this gift for a 2 y.o. and had concerns that if the ball was thrown inappropriately "something might break..like a window", so, I purchased a medium sized rubber ball for use with the set which worked well, the 2 y.o. was able to hold and roll the ball, but occasionally threw it over her head so I think giving the rubber ball was a good choice. Looking forward to also using this toy in the yard.
on June 29, 2013
My 5 year old son was overjoyed with this purchase. He has absolutely loved it and has set it up multiple times. I had thought our downstairs hallway would be an ideal place for him to play. (long, narrow) However, this set is super noisy. The pins are obviously made to make noise as they fall and to sound like real bowling pins - and I really don't mind that as much as I do the hard ball hitting the floor. So, I often have him substitue an equally heavy but softer ball to play when he's playing in the house and that solved that issue. We have had a couple bowling sets but this has been the best of the bunch. I also wish it had 10 pins, instead of the 6 that come in the set. Still easy fun!!
on May 3, 2013
IT'S A STURDY BOWLING SET, HOWEVER, DID LITTLE TIKES THINK ABOUT WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO A CHILD'S FOOT IF THAT HARD BALL FELL ON IT (OR AN ADULT'S FOR THAT MATTER)? I DON'T USE THE BALL WITH THE SET, BECAUSE IT'S JUST WAY TO DANGEROUS. A 99 CENTS STORE SMALL RUBBER BALL WORKS JUST AS WELL
on May 19, 2013
I bought this for my son for his 2nd birthday because he loved it soooooo much when we played with it at a friend's house. He still loves it and enjoys bowling. It is a cute design and very durable. He loves watching the balls fly around inside the pins. They are sturdy and easy to set up :)
on September 8, 2014
This silly game is one of the hottest items we purchased for our grandkids. They play it in the carpeted hall way and just love doing things with the set ... sometimes they actually bowl. A great buy and good quality (still alive after a year). They do all sorts of games with the set other than bowling so it seems it is a good imagination game as well!
on April 16, 2012
The kids loved bowling at my one year old's birthday party. It was a total surprise and unexpected! What I loved the most was hearing the pins clash as the ball crashed into them. So much fun, for a great price!

See 1 answered question