Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on September 28, 2008
My 2 year old son is really into music. He has 3 other toy guitars, but he absolutely loves this one. It plays snippets of cool songs like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen, "All-Star" by Smashmouth, "Message in a Bottle" by The Police, "Wild Thing" by The Troggs, and "Love Shack" by the B-52's. I like it because it's not annoying like his Barney and Wiggles guitars, and it actually has strings he can strum. I downloaded these songs from i-tunes and he plays along. Since this guitar is the "flying v" shape, he also pretends it's a violin.
0Comment37 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2008
We got this guitar for my daughter's first birthday. I have a guitar, and she is fascinated by it, so we thought she'd like one of her own. She loves it. My husband and I love it. The music isn't annoying like a lot of the other guitars we looked at for her. Even though she's younger than the intended age, she does fine with it. I was worried about the strings, but they're holding up fine. I would definitely recommend this toy for any child who enjoys musical toys.
on November 20, 2008
This is a fun little toy. It has a real guitar shape and it does have little strings, though they don't do anything. The keys on the neck of the guitar play different songs, and there is a whammy bar that makes a bendy note sound. My 20 month old loves it, and I'm sure his older brother will too. Definitely worth $20.
11 comment12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2009
This is by far the best toy guitar. We have bought many toy guitars but this one is by far the best. My son loves it and plays with it every day and he's had it for over a year now. He loves playing the strings like a real guitar. It small enough and light enough he can hold it like a real guitar and dance. He's normal a pretty reserved 2 1/2 year old, but give him this guitar and he comes to life as a complete showman/rockstar! I highly HIGHLY recommend this guitar. He loves it so much I'm worried about what I can possibly get him for Christmas that could possibly compete!
on November 21, 2008
This toy is so much fun, the music is really rocking. I got it for my almost 2 year old for Christmas, he has played with it in the store a few times and really loved it. It plays 5 popular tunes plus they can strum along and the strings DO add extra notes in tune with the song playing. A previous reviewer didn't notice this and I didn't notice at first either but I have to admit I was playing with it when he was asleep. I'm really excited to give him this for Christmas.
on November 19, 2008
We looked everywhere for a really cool toddler guitar for our son. This is the one we got and we haven't regretted it! He adores this guitar and loves to rock out with it! I would definately recommend this guitar!!!
on September 11, 2009
This is a great product for toddlers. By 2 year olds love their guitars. One of my boys even does a great rock face when strumming along. It's a great product and the fact that it plays real rock tunes instead of kiddy songs is a great plus. They will be able to use this for a few years. The only thing that would make this product better would be strap for them to place around their shoulders and the volume control needs a little more finesse. While there is technically a high/low/off option, the knob spins so easily that it goes straight to high and you have to play around to get it to the low volume option. This is more of a parental nuisance issue than a child enjoyment issue. Great job! Great product. Highly recommend this over the others I've seen in the stores which are much smaller.
on January 7, 2013
My grandson still has a great time with this toy, and even after a year of having it, it is still in perfect working condition. Great purchase!!! Recommended for all your little rockers!
on June 14, 2009
My son absolutely loves this guitar. He loves to dance, and the guitar has 5 buttons he can press to get a song to play. There are a few strings, so he can pretend to play along with the song. There are several volume settings along with an off switch. It's size and weight make it easy for him to carry around and play. He can really pretend he's a rock star with this guitar.

This is definately a toy guitar, though, and not an actual guitar. Music stores do sell small guitars, so I would check there if your child wants a real guitar. My son has one and he plays with both daily.
on January 8, 2013
Right out of the box, my daughter absolutely loved this toy. The material it durable and is just the right size for my nearly 3 year-old. As parents we like that it's intuitive and you don't have to explain to a child how to engage with the toy. The song selections are good (they have yet to drive us batty after hearing them numerous times) and we like that you can improvise by strumming the strings along with the music. I do wish it had come with a strap so that my little rock star could travel around the house with her prized possession.