Little Tikes Turtle Sandbox 30th Anniversary
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Turtle Sandbox is a kid's sandbox classic.
- The turtle shell acts as a sandbox cover.
- The smiling face is a happy addition to any backyard.
- Our legendary durability lets you enjoy this sandbox for years to come.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. The sandbox is made out of very lightweight but durable plastic, which makes it easy to position anywhere (before you put the sand in it). When the winter comes this is very light to pick up (after you empty the sand of course) and store indoors if you want.
2. This is probably one of the simplest toys to use. No assembly required. Just put in some clean play sand. Three 50 pound bags are all you need. When done playing, just put the included top shell on to protect the sand from the rain, falling leaves, etc.
3. This is large enough for my granddaughter, but not as large as appears in the picture. The circle containing the sand has a 26 inch diameter. Plenty of room for my granddaughter to sit in, but maybe a little tight if a friend comes over. On the other hand, a child can easily play with this without sitting in it, and under those circumstances multiple children can use this at the same time.
Bottom line: This is a toy that has been around for decades for good reasons: Nice and easy to use, and lots of fun.
IMPORTANT: Shop for price. The list price on this item is $39.00, which is what I paid for it at Toys R Us (where I also bought the play sand for $6.99 per 50 pound bag). The current price on Amazon is at least double that amount, and even more from some sellers. If you want to pay extra for the convenience of buying it online, that's fine. Just be aware what that convenience is costing you.
Update July 2: The wind easily blows off the cover. I now have a couple of bricks on top of it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great sandbox...our son loves it. Very easy to assemble and seems rather sturdy. We'll see how it holds up over time but no complaints thus far.Published on January 20, 2014 by Matthew C Averett
Durable, good size. I wish the top was more secure when closed. It blows off in high winds. Setting a brick on it works to solve that issue.Published on November 18, 2013 by Earljean
My Grandson just loves his sandbox, every time he goes outside the first thing Zachary does is head for his sandbox. What a great gift!Published on June 22, 2013 by John R Cook
Can't get our one year old and his friends out of this! An enduring toy across generations that we'll be able to pass on.Published on June 20, 2013 by Erie Girl