Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2016
I love the Little House books. It is nice to escape from the busyness of life and go back to simpler times when people were happy just to spend time together. It's a great read to share with my children.
on April 17, 2016
A favorite book series of my 9 year old daughter.
VINE VOICEon April 15, 2016
The Ingalls family has just survived the infamous Long Winter in De Smet, Dakota Territory. Now it's 1881 and they are helping this tiny brand-new community to grow and flourish.

Now fifteen, Laura's goal is to study well enough to earn a teaching certificate. If she teaches school, Laura can help her parents pay for her blind sister Mary's education at a special college. Deep in her heart, Laura knows she doesn't want to be a teacher. But she loves her big sister and knows how much the opportunity will mean to her.

Meanwhile, the family is close enough to neighbors to socialize and become a part of things. Though the days are filled with farming and household chores, there always seems to be time for the town's activities...a new church is being built, a literary society formed. Who knows when the townspeople will rustle up a spelling bee or other entertainment? Life is hard, but as everyone learned after the Long Winter, it's also important to laugh and have fun.

Wilder's recollections about life in 1880s South Dakota will charm and entertain readers of all ages. Her detailed descriptions serve to educate about the many small and large customs and once mundane things that have long passed from common experience. Despite 135 years having passed, Laura's struggles to be good and her fierce love for her family are things that every generation will recognize and embrace.
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2016
This has always been my favorite of the Little House books, probably because the Long Winter is behind them, the family is becoming more affluent, and there's so much happening. I love the cat and mouse fight and being part of the little claim shanty becoming a real house on a real farm. And, of course, I love Laura's new experiences in teaching and romance. If you liked any of the other Little House books, you'll like this one, too.
on January 21, 2016
My daughter loves the series. She can't put them down.
on January 7, 2016
Great
on December 31, 2015
Did not arrive as a hard cover which is what I thought I had ordered
on November 23, 2015
What came was just what I ordered, just what I was expecting, and within the time promised. I am very pleased.
on November 11, 2015
My daughter and I love these books. Great way to teach American history too.
on October 23, 2015
Great deal and prompt shipping. Thanks.