Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: Plated and Polished Alloy ChestpieceColor: Pine GreenNumber of Items: 1Change

on December 31, 2007
I'm a 2nd yr surgical resident. I've had this sthetoscope for about 7 or 8 yrs, it served me well in my clinical clerkships, as well working as i got out of college, and now in my residency years. Its best atributes are: 1. it does not hurt your ears; 2. excellent accoustics, it achieves a great seal from enviromental noise, letting hear what you actually want; 3. Great durability, i'm just buying a new one because i misplaced mine at the hospital, and of course, never again...
11 comment174 of 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2009
I've used this stethoscope for 2 years now as a Paramedic and can honestly say that I would not go with any other brand. I'm getting a new one because mine was stolen. This is a fantastic value. The earpieces seal tightly and are comfortable; the single-sided diagphram design is easy to use and convenient in emergency situations. The biggest plus for this in EMS is that I can actually clearly hear vitals, breath sounds, heart tones, bowel sounds, etc. while in the ambulance driving. Every other stethoscope I've tried (especially the cheap ones they give us) make it all but impossible to hear over the road noise. This is well worth the price if you're in EMS.
11 comment99 of 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2007
I truly enjoy this stethoscope, it's served me very well in my clinicals, and I'll continue to use it in my nursing practice. Picking up faint heart and lung sounds is effortless, and the single bell design is simple and convenient. Patients never complain that the bell feels cold on their skin. I'm giving this stethoscope five stars, but if you're thinking about purchasing one yourself, you should know that the tubing is pretty sticky, and tends to collect more than its fair share of dust and lint. This feature hasn't been a concern to me, because it only encourages frequent cleaning between patients. Also, if you prefer to wear it across the back of your neck, know that the 'stickiness' takes some getting used to against your skin. That's why I normally carry mine in my pocket :D
0Comment98 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2011
I'm an RN and a musician, so my review may be a little different than others. I used to use and still have the Cardiology III--not a bad stethoscope either, but it was taken by accident (and later returned). I had to find a new one quickly. It was like being a carpenter w/o a hammer. I wanted to spend as little as possible and be able to hear in great detail what is going on with my patients' hearts/lungs/bowels. My hearing is technically in the 'excellent' category if the audiograms are correct, and I have to say that this stethoscope surprised me. It doesn't feel as heavy as my cardiology III, and the tubing is not as rugged, but I could hear at least as well what was going on with my patients as I could with my old one. I actually think it's a little better. I tried this one, the Master Cardiology, Classic II, and of course my old Cardio III again since it's been returned and well, I decided to keep this one. Not only does it pick up heart/lungs sounds just as well, but the ergonomics of it just feel the most natural by far. The diaphragm doesn't have any moving parts so you always know you are using it correctly without having to tap the diaphragm and annoying your ears--my ears get annoyed easily. It's also lighter and fits in my holster(something else I'd recommend!) like it was made for it. Now maybe if you are a cardiologist, the Master Cardiology or Cardiology III might be better to pick up some fairly subtle sounds that are beyond my training to depict, but this one fits me just right and I highly recommend it for any nurse and most, if not all, MDs. My weapon of choice.
33 comments68 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2009
This Stethoscope has been an amazing investment so far. It has been tried and tested by me and many others, and I truthfully have nothing bad to say about it. I had initially considered the electronic Stethoscope that Littmann manufactures, but it is slightly lacking in reviews and it seems like a lot of expensive things could go wrong with it. With a 2 year warranty on the electronic Stethoscopes, I wasn't sure that I could take that chance. As a general rule, Littmann products are great; however, the clarity with which you can hear lung sounds, heart sounds etc. with this Stethoscope is amazing and much better than other Littman's that I have tried. Some of the other staff who work in the emergency room have asked to borrow my Stethescope when going into patient's room so that they could compare it with their own. All of the staff have stated that the clarity and sound magnification with this Stethoscope are exceptional when compared with others and I agree. I could not be any happier with a Stethoscope than I am with this one.
11 comment53 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
I've owned several Littmann Master Cardiology stethoscopes over the years (for some reason Littmann's tend to develop Peyronie's disease, and then crack after a few years). I've spent many years in cardiology and critical care and became a bit of a snob about Master Cardiology scopes.

I bought the Master Classic because it was cheaper and much lighter. I moved into family practice and didn't think I needed a cardiology scope anymore anyway.

I have been very surprised by the resolution and sensitivity. It can pick up grade I murmurs and s3/s4s no problem. I honestly think it's the best scope I've ever owned.

A cardiology scopes claim to fame is that they are dual lumen, but if you think about it, both lumens are funneled into a chest piece with one arpeture anyway. There's only one chest piece so you won't get stereo sound no matter how great the tubing is.

Almost half the price and the same resolution. Heck, with the single diaphragm the Master Classic even looks like a Master Cardiology to others unless they study it really close.
0Comment47 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2008
You can auscultate very well. The sounds are clear and crisp allowing you to detect even the faintest abnormalities.
on October 9, 2009
I wish I would have bought this stethoscope earlier!!! I love it, it takes out background noise, so when your riding lights and sirens in the back of the ambulance, all you hear is your patients heart and breath sounds. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!!
on December 22, 2008
I am a recent nursing graduate and this stethoscope is AMAZING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It is WELL worth the money....Heart and lung sounds are amplified and the only thing you need to do to hear fine murmurs is to press the bell firmly on the patients chest. It has a sleek and modern look and I am so glad I made this purchase. I would HIGHLY recommend it to any person in the medical profession.
on May 16, 2007
This stethoscope is a nice one. It will be my third purchase of a stethoscope in my 23 yr career in the nursing field. I find it to be easy to hear breath sounds and heart tones needed for my assessment of patients. I like it very much. Also the black edition is different from my coworkers and easy to identify as mine.
11 comment29 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse