5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Overview
Published 16 months ago by Rev. Andrew L. Struzzieri

3.0 out of 5 stars Expectation
I had seen reviews of the book. I don't think it lived up to what they said. By itself, the book is OK but not what I was looking for.
Published 17 months ago by Thomas Nolker

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Overview, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Liturgy: The Illustrated History (Hardcover)
I couldn't put the book down. I thought it was a wonderful panoramic view of the historic development of Liturgy in the Roman Catholic Church. I loved every page. I especially enjoyed the parts that dealt with the Reformation, the Council of Trent, the Jansenists. I always thought Jansenism merely brought about a rigidity in the moral life of Catholics. In the treatment of Jansenism here I learned its positive influences on our Church. I really couldn't put the book down as I read through to the question raising section on Liturgy in the Post Modern world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lesson in history, December 31, 2012
John F. Galbraith (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liturgy: The Illustrated History (Hardcover)
This is more than a litany of liturgical practices. It is a great chronological study of the evolution of the Church.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expectation, July 11, 2013

Liturgy: The Illustrated History
Liturgy: The Illustrated History by Keith F. Pecklers (Hardcover - September 30, 2012)
$79.95 $45.57