5.0 out of 5 stars Parrotheads Rejoice!!!
Published on November 4, 2003 by Jay & Vickie Sesnon

2.0 out of 5 stars Did Jimmy Pay Someone In the Audience To Tape This?
Published on January 5, 2004 by Jim Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Parrotheads Rejoice!!!, November 4, 2003
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
I had the pleasure of attending this concert. It was a cool 50 degrees; overcast with a westerly breeze that found it's way into my bones at times. The people in attendance were bundled up in jackets and blankets and still found the might to suckle on margaritas and Coronas. It was an early season cold front that came through with an attitude that said, "Jimmy, I dare you! Go ahead and bring on the grass skirts and the Tiki Bar. Let's see what you've got!"
Well, Jimmy brought it. The show was terrific as is the CD reproduction. While I am bias, having been there, this new CD flows like a real show. It is not edited and includes every moment of the original show without interuption. This CD is more than a live album, it is in fact a "Jimmy Buffett Concert". Jimmy's discussion between songs lends authenticity along with plenty of local references. Highlights include a tribute to Johnny Cash and a "Jimmy" version of (Seattle Jimi's) "A Wind Cries Mary".
The sound quality is excellent. In fact, the audience is not a real factor in the recording except when intended. Periodically, Jimmy pulls away from the microphone during a monologue, but that's typical of a live performance.
This CD as well as the Vegas CD is a treat for all Parrotheads. It is as close to being there as one can get.
Jimmy, if you read this: Thank you for visiting Seattle and thank you for leaving us this wonderful memory of your visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cross section--, January 15, 2004
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
I have always been shy to buy live recordings....I like classic music to be played in the classic style...but this album is pretty good. I love Jimmy...I was at the Camden show last summer! As far as sound quality...people just need to deal with it and take a little of Jimmy's words of wisdom and just relax!
Spending 18 bucks is a hell of a lot cheaper than the $150 plus people pay for live concerts! We all know it is next to impossible to get tix to the concerts through conventional means, so at least we can get the recordings without being raped and scalped by the greedy and the connected.
Just enjoy the "little songs", man! Besides, this album does give us a rare performance of Far Side of the World...one of my favs!

2.0 out of 5 stars Did Jimmy Pay Someone In the Audience To Tape This?, January 5, 2004
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
I really appreciate artists who release "official bootlegs" of their live performances (are you listening, Bruce?!!!!). Jimmy Buffett is the perfect artist for such releases, given his enormous live following. Hopefully they'll realize that heavily edited and overdubbed live albums of the past are not as preferrable as complete, unedited concert recordings. That being said, I still expect a certain level of sound quality that is lacking on this release. Fans trade unofficial recordings all of the time (some artists sanction this, some don't), but the sound quality of such recordings is usually subpar to any official release. No matter how good your equipment, you're not going to pick up the clarity and crispness that you would if you're hooked up to the soundboard with professional equipment. Unfortunately, Jimmy's Auburn concert sounds at best like a decent audience recording- that's fine for a bootleg, but you want more from an official release. It's simply too muffled, which I think has more to do with the engineering and mastering of the sound than it does with how far Jimmy was standing from the microphone. I've heard other artists' offiical soundboard recordings, and they sound much better than this.
So this recording captures the actual performance perfectly- it is literally a Jimmy Buffett concert from start to finish. That's a good thing. A very good thing. But the substandard sound quality really detracts from the listenability of the concert, and doesn't end up accomplishing anything more than tapers in the audience have been doing for years. Given that Jimmy hasn't seen fit to stop in St. Louis lately, and that I haven't been able to get tickets when he has, I was really looking forward to a high quality recording of a full concert. This one doesn't deliver. Let's hope for continued releases with improved sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Which is better???, December 20, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
Can someone please let me know which Live Buffett album is better? The Live in Auburn, WA or Los Vegas? If I could only buy ONE, which one should it be and why? Thanks! PU_BoilerEE01@yahoo.com
Life is just a Tire Swing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like "You Had To Be There" I wish all live ..., November 4, 2014
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
A freezing cold night in Auburn, Washington brings out the Buffett humor. This album is imperfect and very charming..Just like "You Had To Be There" I wish all live albums were like this!

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love about Jimmy Buffett???, October 23, 2009
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
His performances are so interactive with the audience and so full of energy! Not to mention the talent of Jimmy and the Coral Reefers! Love the CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jimmy Buffett - GREAT Live CD!, March 19, 2009
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
I LOVED his "Natives Are Restless" track !!! Hope we hear a studio version ... This is the best Live CD J Buffett has ever done !

5.0 out of 5 stars no a.j.,thankfully, January 18, 2004
troyn "troyn" (Liverpool, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
great buffett stuff as usual plus the added benefit of "five o'clock somewhere" without alan jackson slowing it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I remember!, November 24, 2003
Dan Madden (Savannah, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
I was at this concert. Unfortunately, my friend snuck two bottles of rum down to our fourth-row seats and the next morning The next morning, when I woke up the next morning, I couldn't recall the last few songs and some girl named Kathleen had signed the bill of my cap. Well, now at least half the mystery is solved. Thank you Jimmy.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, March 13, 2004
This review is from: Live in Auburn, WA (Audio CD)
This Cd is a great sample of songs. The wind cries mary and other popular songs are awesome. It gives you a great idea of what a Buffett concert is like. At the same time, the quality of sound is not the best. Still if you collect Buffett CD's this is a must.

Live in Auburn, WA
Live in Auburn, WA by Jimmy Buffett (Audio CD - 2003)